Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pay for your beers!

Poster: A snowHead
To the guys who ordered five beers from "La Ferme" in Les Houches on Friday and then pushed off after the waiter had poured them and without paying for them, learn some manners you rude b****rds. And don't whinge next time when French staff treat you as if Brits are the scum of the earth.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fingers crossed they're not on here but Karma will sort it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@oldmike, +1
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gregonic, just to be clear were the beers drunk/taken? Still rude obviously.. and a bit mysterious tbh.... but better than stealing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did they leave them poured but undrunken because the barman had been rude to them?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gregonic you’ve got some issues chap. Joining a forum to slag off a nationality?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are they still there?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spin Doctor wrote:
Gregonic you’ve got some issues chap. Joining a forum to slag off a nationality?

Have you seen Stanton's posts? Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wonder what the other side of the story is?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maybe something happened on the previous visit/night before.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weird
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gregonic wrote:
don't whinge next time when French staff treat you as if Brits are the scum of the earth.

If I was treated as above maybe I wouldn't have stayed and paid.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
betterinblack wrote:
gregonic wrote:
don't whinge next time when French staff treat you as if Brits are the scum of the earth.

If I was treated as above maybe I wouldn't have stayed and paid.

OKay ................. it was me wot did it! Them pesky French barmen, incroiyable!! Ecume!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 28-01-18 13:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I wonder what the other side of the story is?

shyte service, we've been waiting to pay for 45 minutes, and the waiter ignoring us every time we try to grab his attention. sod it. let's go. if us getting all togged up ready to go doesn't get their attention then they obviously aren't that interested in our money.

been there done that.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[/quote]
shyte service, we've been waiting to pay for 45 minutes, and the waiter ignoring us every time we try to grab his attention. sod it. let's go. if us getting all togged up ready to go doesn't get their attention then they obviously aren't that interested in our money.

been there done that.[/quote]
my thoughts exactly, but you missed out the bit where some blond scandi chicks came in 15 mins after they did and still got served 1st
ski holidays
If , only if, French staff do that, who would blame anyone? I do Ski in Austria, Italy, Switzerland, but not France since around 2007. Saying nothing else! This original post is perhaps an indicator though.
snow report
They ordered the beers, which presumably took some time to come. I watched the waiter pouring them. Just as he finished a member walked up (from outside), announced they had a reservation elsewhere, and left, ignoring the waiter’s protestations.
snow report
Spin Doctor wrote:

Lol. Which nationality do you imagine I’m slagging off? Read more carefully. I’m slagging off five rude bugs who give Brits a bad name.
ski holidays
They stole the beer. If they felt they had waited too long for a bill they should have left the approx amount on the table. No excuse.
To infer that all brits are scum based on the actions of 5 is racist. If they did subsequently treat a substantial section of their custom badly their business may fail and rghtly so.
I’ve lunched at le Ferme a few times and always been treated well and been served good food and would recommend it.
latest report
gregonic wrote:
They ordered the beers, which presumably took some time to come. I watched the waiter pouring them. Just as he finished a member walked up (from outside), announced they had a reservation elsewhere, and left, ignoring the waiter’s protestations.

So you're not the waiter.... Do you presume the waiter took 1minute, 2, 5, 10 or 20 minutes and how long is reasonable?

Also what did the waiter do with said beers?
snow conditions
prolly the same group I saw in a cafe in Les Gets...

"three kappercheeners and a calvados, mate!"

Be Nice please!, you're visiting a foreign country, you've almost certainly done French in school from age 10-16, at least try to make a flippin' effort!
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
They stole the beer. If they felt they had waited too long for a bill they should have left the approx amount on the table. No excuse.
To infer that all brits are scum based on the actions of 5 is racist. If they did subsequently treat a substantial section of their custom badly their business may fail and rghtly so.
I’ve lunched at le Ferme a few times and always been treated well and been served good food and would recommend it.

Not sure I can agree. The OP has implied in the post two above yours that they waited for a while then left as the beers arrived without drinking them.

As such it would all hinge on how long they waited.

If you popped into a bar to have a quick pint before dinner in another place, ordered the beers, then waited a ridiculous length of time (say 15 or 20mins) to have them arrive just as you had to leave (and ergo could not enjoy the beers) imo it would be reasonable to decline the drinks as they arrived, and leave without drinking them or paying for them.

On the other hand if they only waited 5mins, in a busy bar where a slight wait was clearly on the cards, then they are out of order.

I wasn't there, so I can't say which happened.
latest report
^ This. +1
ski holidays
jbob wrote:

Lol again. Read the damn post. Im not inferring anything except that these five are rude bxxtards. and I wouldnt blame very pleasant staff at La Ferme or at any other hostelry for generalising from the particular
snow report
jbob wrote:

Lol again. Read the damn post. Im not inferring anything except that these five are rude bxxtards. and I wouldnt blame very pleasant staff at La Ferme or at any other hostelry for generalising from the particular
snow conditions
[quote="midgetbiker"]
jbob wrote:

Not sure I can agree. The OP has implied in the post two above yours that they waited for a while then left as the beers arrived without drinking them.

If you popped into a bar to have a quick pint before dinner in another place, ordered the beers, then waited a ridiculous length of time (say 15 or 20mins) to have them arrive just as you had to leave (and ergo could not enjoy the beers) imo it would be reasonable to decline the drinks.

No, it would be reasonable after a short wait to explain that time was of the essence and reach an agreement as to whether they still wanted the drinks. There is no evidence that they did this. The guy made no effort to check if the drinks were ready.
snow report
midgetbiker wrote:

If you popped into a bar to have a quick pint before dinner in another place, ordered the beers, then waited a ridiculous length of time (say 15 or 20mins) to have them arrive just as you had to leave (and ergo could not enjoy the beers) imo it would be reasonable to decline the drinks as they arrived, and leave without drinking them or paying for them.

On the other hand if they only waited 5mins, in a busy bar where a slight wait was clearly on the cards, then they are out of order.

I wasn't there, so I can't say which happened.

^ this
snow report
@gregonic, do you have reason to believe that the guilty parties are snowheads, or have you posted this on every UK-based snow-related forum?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We did... 9.75 Euros for large pression in Tignes LB last week!
latest report
Holy crap! It won't be the first time, whichever nationality. Get over it. Summats happened, no one knows the full story. End of story. Fake news.
snow report

Toofy Grin
snow report
Sorry, I thought it was "Pray for Beers", I always do.
ski holidays
@midgetbiker, if they didn’t drink the beer and had waited ages then I agree with you.
ski holidays
It surely won't take them long to flog 5 more beers will it? Many venues line up em in advance when busy.

Not good form potentially from the customers, but as said, will all depend on the wait time. Why not pass one over when it's poured for distribution?
ski holidays
They can't have been snowHeads, I've seen s'heads pick up and pay (inc. tip) other people's tab when t'other's rushed off to lessons etc. from the Knife & Fork and forgotten their bill. Good people here in slushNuts. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
You order, they serve - you pay. You order, they take their sweet time, you leave, they go broke for getting a bad rep - their tough luck.

Thems is the rules - don't break them our we'll get the guys from Argentiere down to sort you out and the last time that happened they dropped a mountain on the poor barstweards concerned then drove them to a tunnel and set the vehicle on fire. Just saying, like.
snow conditions
What self respecting Brit boozer wouldn’t have downed it in one if it had arrived in a timely fashion? Must have been sloppy service wink
ski holidays
Spin Doctor wrote:
What self respecting Brit boozer wouldn’t have downed it in one if it had arrived in a timely fashion? Must have been sloppy service wink

Ha! Never leave a man behind, I say. However, I refuse to blame waiters for slow service -- if that's a problem it's down to how the restaurant/cafe is organized. Been behind the bar myself and sometimes you get in the weeds.

In America, where waiters work for tips, they'd have been chased down and beaten to a pulp.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy