Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Hut and Apres ski recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
What are the best huts for lunchs? We like all kinds of food but would definately like to try places with some local flavor.

What are the good apres ski bars for bier, gluhwein, unt jager tea? We're (at least I'm not) not really late night partiers. Looking for the hot spots between skiing and dinner.

Are there any especially good local or specialty biers?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RISkier, Hi there we are also there the same week as you are and are as excited as you we would also like to know the good mountain eateries as well Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Goatstall in hinterglemm, Walleggalm hutte in hinterglemm, sonnalm, any of the unberella bars in hinterglemm at the bottom of Westgiegpfelbahn, ski bar out side zur dorfschmeide in hinterglemm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RISkier, the Hinterhagalm at the top of the nursery slopes (Saalbach) is really good, so is Bauer's Schialm at the bottom of the nursery slopes for apres ski. I'm planning on starting a thread to see if Snowheads want to meet up sometime as there are a few of us there that week and you promised us a beer!!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 20-02-06 9:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
err anything good in saalbach or is it just Hinterglemm?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 20-02-06 16:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hayley t, RISkier, Not long now, 5 more sleeps and the snow looks great. I need to get a life really and stop checking the webcams! I've gone into panic mode, worrying about weight of luggage, remembering everything to do, security of an empty house etc etc!! My hubby thinks I'm nuts, but I'm sure that if we went away at least 3 times a year skiing I'd calm down Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyarmitage, If you ski down from the Saalbach side you come to the Bauers skialm and another nice little hutty place the instant you come off the snow. The custon is to go straight to these places (by the bottom of the Kolmais lift) and get drinking. Seems to work ok. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sharon1953, I know, I'm really looking forward to it now but I'm so busy at work I haven't had much time to look at webcams etc.

Maybe I'll just hijack this thread for the Snowheads meet and drink! Any suggestions anyone?

Bauers maybe on the Monday???

Adamski and myself are likely to meet up sooner to argue over the rugby on Saturday and Sunday!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hayley t, looks like RISkier has beaten us to it and started the meet-thread already. Where is Bauers?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

by the bottom of the Kolmais lift

You can't miss it. Lots of big umbrellas. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can thread jack if you wish. My wife and I would like in. Since I've not been to Saalbach I can't suggest anyplace, but the Bauers on Monday would work for us. The comments on huts and such is very helpful, thanks!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Are we all going to be carrying a copy of the times then so we can identify each other as i think there will be many lookalikes around! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think its time to check numbers and personnel for next weeks assault on saalbach - I'll start another thread ....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Adamski, RISkier started one earlier in the resorts section.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andyarmitage, maybe you should wear a really bright all-in-one so we'll recognise you!
snow report
hayley t, i could put my all in one bright yellow outfit on i suppose.........with matching boots!
ski holidays
You should visit the great big open air disco at Wildenkarkogel at least once at lunchtime. Great views and ok grub.Asteralm or Thurneralm (cant remember which sorry) good for late pm hot choc with sunny views over Saalbach before blasting down last thing to all the serious action at the base of the slopes which you cant miss. Cant remember much about Hinterglemm as too busy trying to keep up with ski host.
latest report
this is getting quite confusing with 2 threads running at the same time about the same meet....and I'm confused enough as it is....so can we all start using the same one? Just tell me when and where and we'll try and be there...and I might have a snowhead sticker on my forehead!!
snow report
hayley t wrote:
Adamski, RISkier started one earlier in the resorts section.

Hhhhmmm was that this one by chance!?
snow report
sharon1953 wrote:
this is getting quite confusing with 2 threads running at the same time about the same meet....and I'm confused enough as it is....so can we all start using the same one? Just tell me when and where and we'll try and be there...and I might have a snowhead sticker on my forehead!!

agreed but this one doesn't mention anything about dates or meeting up in the title so might miss a few other fellow snowheeds ....

Anyway whatever ...
ski holidays
Maybe someone should start an "official meeting" thread and then we could add a post that guides folks to the official thread? Or will that be even more confusing?
latest report
RISkier, I guess it should really be under "trips" or "events" with date and destination as the heading, but as you already did this in resorts, should we all agree to start using your other thread??
snow conditions
well I put mine in trips as I read the rules neh neh neh neh neh!
snow report
Adamski, Meet is at Bauers Schialm (Saalbach) Monday 4 pm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy