Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Superguide 95

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking at upgrading my ski touring setup and was wondering if anyone has any experience using the Scott Superguide 95? Ive currently got some dynafit manaslu 2013 version 187cm length. They have been a good ski but I find them a bit too flexible and slightly to tall for me (I’m 183cm).

The ski will be used for day tours and hut to hut tours, I’m hoping that the 95mm underfoot strikes the right balance for uphill weight and downhill performance.

Other options that I’m looking at are the g3 findr, similar dimesions slightly heavier.
Any other options that I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think you'll get some firsthand comments but superguides are very well liked and have a reputation for being stiff for their weight. They'd definitely be on my list for a hut to hut ski. Personally I'd go for the 88s for hut to hut as I have something 108 for day tours / side country but 95 does sound a good compromise for both roles.
Perhaps worth considering Whitedot R98CL and Black Crows Camox Freebird too
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went for the Bizzard Zero-G 95, which AFAIK is very simlar to the Superguide: very pleased with them so far ... snowHead

Superlight for touring, and great performance (only slight drawback with very light skis is their chattery performance on hardpack, compared to a more burly ski with greater inertia)

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Indy, Superguide 95 – awesome ski, very light but stiff and can easily hold an edge on a hard piste if that's your thing. Not toured on them, but downhill performance is very impressive, and could easily rival a similar width "all mountain" type ski. I was on a 168 (I'm 164cm/57kg) so I guess you could go with either 178 or 184, depending on your preference.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought some 178 SG 95s at the start of last season as my first ever proper touring ski and have been really pleased with them. They seem pretty stiff for such a light ski and hold an edge well on the hard stuff. Obviously I can't speak with any authority comparing them to other touring skis, but one little thing I really like about them is that they seem "quality", really nicely finished compared to other skis I've owned from Atomic, Salomon, K2 etc. The dedicated Coltex skins fit them really well too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Indy, I have the 105: stiff and capable considering it’s weight. They perform just as well as my Down 114s in chopped snow. A seriously good ski: light, fairly straight with a reasonable tip rocker to help in crappy snow. Buy it 👊
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought the 105's this year and they are wonderful.

Touring on them is obviously a dream ( I teamed them with the Atomic Backland boots )

I was really impressed with their downhill performance, really light and easy to flick around but could edge wonderfully.

A great choice
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the advice, I’ve just ordered the Superguide!
Looking forward to trying them out
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sure you won't regret it. I wanted to feel a bit more at home on the downhill in my new touring boots yesterday so took my 95s for a real blast around the resort. No chatter at all at speed and carve really nicely. Think I actually prefer them to my usual piste skis Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy