Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar Legend pro XXL 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Any one got any experience with these 94cm. I have been offered some at a good price but feel they may be a little stiff and heavy for me. I am 90KG and 186cm tall. intermediate/advanced skier. Not expert. Wanting to get some off piste lessons in feb . I have always messed around off piste prefer it to the crowded piste but want to get better. Any advise gratefully recieved. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume you mean the 194cm?

They are a true expert big mountain ski, I think at that point full camber (without rocker) and with a ~40m turn radius.

I would advise against wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes sorry 194 Toofy Grin I found this review on line from a ski mag says there is a rocker added that year but Im thinking it'll still be to much and yes that 40M radius Toofy Grin Toofy Grin so even with the knowledge of the rocker still a no ?

Testers have always loved the XXL for its power but warned that it’s too strong for most. This year there’s a twist. A touch of rocker in the tip makes it a different ski. The construction is still as stout as it gets, the almost nonexistent sidecut still prefers way-long turns, and the XXL is still generally built for speed in deep snow. But that floaty new tip gives it playfulness and a greater willingness to drift and smear. “Solid, balanced, powerful: great powder ski,” said Woods.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bigtoe, I would still think they will be way more work than most expert offpiste skiers would want these days and definitely not conducive to learning, especially if you end up in any tight spots or tree skiing. They're in the top 5 'most chargey' freeride skis ever made, maybe top 3.

Something like the Rossignol Soul 7 will make life much easier and you should be able to find good deals on previous season's versions.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, excellent many thanks for the advise ill have a scout around for a pair. I assume 190 cm and above or could i get away with sub 190cm would you think ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a pair of these at the back of my cupboard. Clarky is right- these are not skis to learn on (except that if you can get remotely decent results on them, pretty much any ski will seem easy afterwards!)
If you were already a super-strong skier and wanted something which would allow you to charge all the time, you might give these a go, but even comp skiers ride friendlier skis these days.
I am on OK but not great skier and had some fun days on these but decided my ego was writing cheques my body couldn’t cash and went for something a bit more playful.
All that said, you can have mine for £50 if you really are a masochist Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Arno, ha ha ha ha sounds like a little self flagulation ! thanks for the offer but i think i may have to give them a miss. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rossi Soul 7 is a good shout. There are now lots of lightweight, user friendly off-piste tools around making these ultra-stiff chargers from the recent past obsolete for pretty much everyone and certainly more average skiers. They updated the construction of the Soul 7 both this season and last season too - both with "HD" suffix added. The ones from 2+ years ago (non-HD) were a bit softer and even easier to use. So you might want to look for a pair of those. They were very popular, so no shortage around.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My local skishop was selling a pair of Stockli Stormrider DP Pros at a knockdown price. Gave them a stroke then told myself not to be so silly Very Happy
Think I'd feel the same way about Legend Pros.

These days if I was wanting to get into off piste I'd definitely go for a modern shape with twin rocker like the Soul 7.
As @Arno, suggests, even the pros ski easier skis these days - White Dot sponsored the women's freeride wc and she was on Redeemers which are WAY more forgiving and playful than Legend Pros (even I look OK on them!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks chaps
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clarky999, out if interest I agree with legend pros being in the list of most chargey skis so what would be the top 3?.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@meandrew, by reputation only: whitedot ragnarok (1st gen), Faction 13, Salomon el Dictator? Discuss.

There is a market for these things, it just isn't very big. Dynastar did a rerun on the LP a year or so ago and they seemed to go pretty quickly.

If you took marketing decisions out of the equation, I suspect athletes would revert to chargier skis.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
meandrew wrote:
@clarky999, out if interest I agree with legend pros being in the list of most chargey skis so what would be the top 3?.

Interesting question! I was thinking about that too. gorilla already covered most that spring to mind.

In no particular order I'd think:

- Dynastar Legend Pro
- OG Whitedot Ragnarok
- 198 Salomon XW Lab?
- Salomon El Dictator
- Zag H-112?
- Original Head Monsters?
- Faction 13
- Line Mothership?
- Rossi RC112? (I think that's the one I'm thinking of)
- OG 196 Blizzard Bodacious
- Whatever the biggest/fattest Stöckli Stormrider was called - 110 something?
- MOment Garbones/M1
- 196 4FRNT Renegades?
- 198 Völkl Katana
- 202 Down Showdown 105
- Jeremie Heitz's La Liste special edition Scott Scrapper (reliably informed by an ex-Fischer employee that it's stiffer than any GS race ski ever made)
- I'm sure I've read about some of the small US Indies like Igneous (and PM Gear?) making some truly ridiculous skis in their early days too

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 25-01-18 13:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rossi b squad ? Green flames.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gorilla wrote:

If you took marketing decisions out of the equation, I suspect athletes would revert to chargier skis.

Hmm not so sure these days. Even the FWT guys are getting a lot more flippy-spinny than pure stomping... Seems like most of the Völkl athletes choose to use the Two/Bash 116/Revolt 124 over the Confession for example, and the Faction guys can do what they want but all ride the stock models.
latest report
Quote:

Whatever the biggest/fattest Stöckli Stormrider was called - 110 something?

DP Pro 201 I'd have thought
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy