Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
That will have been Eric then, comes from Sheffield so you have to forgive him snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's beeping pouring rain right now in Niederau village. One hope for fluffy stuff higher up...

Scratch that ... Heavy snow in village now...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely day skiing today. Daughter 2 in lesson with Reds and doing great. Myself and Daughter 1 had private...and with no less a person than Andy, "Son of Chris". Great lesson Daughter 1 really enjoyed and felt comfortable, important as she can clam up with certain people. So far so good. It really is a lovely place....with its own rhythm and feel.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ado, good to hear it's going well!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another great day. No crowds Snow holding up well. Daughter 2 came down Lanerkopfl with ski school. Had lovely sunny lunch at Norderberg. Daughter 1 really enjoying Niederau, skiing is pitched just right for the two of us.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yuck. Nice morning but afternoon rain has resulted in being sat in Bobos. Flat light, rain and skiing in mashed potatoes was not fun. Here's hoping for tomorrow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last day. Stayed local ... Skiied from gondola early. Grippy. but enjoyable. Then went toboganning.
Lunch behind gondola in Schnaopsschutte. Daughter 1 recommends the Vega burger.
Really could do with temps dropping back a few degrees.
If not get first lift ski hard with a fast lunch and finish before the mashed potatoe snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RIP. From Tiroler Tagezeitung

Alpbach - For a skier from the Netherlands on Thursday morning any help came too late. The 50-year-old was around 9 clock with his family in the ski resort Alpbach Wildschönau on the Red Piste 42 on the way. The man lost a ski according to the police, fell and skidded about 70 meters head over the track. He was finally thrown over the edge of the slope into a steep forest, where he remained lying.

One of his sons rushed to the rescue, immediately started the resuscitation and started the rescue chain. The ambulance, however, could only determine the death of the man. An autopsy was ordered. (TT.com)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh how awful
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chris_n, very sad to read that.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A couple of cold days with a little new snow has freshened the pistes up nicely. Teaching in Auffach this week top runs have been fine but run to resort was very heavy going on Sunday, much improved yesterday. I am expecting perfection today snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Now that I am returned a few days I would like to say many thanks to the contributors to this thread that answered the various questions that I had before my lovely holiday in Niederau. With a special mention to @Chris_n,
I will certainly return to the village in the future.

Possibly not next year as yet another daughter will be with me - she is a snowboarder - and I didn't see a lot of snowboarders or snowboard lessons. And the number of drag lifts for someone who would be week 2 of learning to snowboard may be too much,
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ado, Andy teaches snowboarding too snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing again this morning snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had my last ski of the season with my husband Chris, best friend Carolyn and my sons girlfriend the beautiful Chloe , going home on Saturday. What an end to a fabulous season with perfect snow and blue skies and brilliant sunshine. I'm sure next season will be here before we know it and hopefully it will be just as awesome. Very Happy
ski holidays
Well that's me done for the season heading back to the UK pre original Brexit date.
Snow has been much better this last week with colder overnight temperatures and some new snow.
Pistes are so crowded though wink

ski holidays
@Chris_n, it sounds as if you had a splendid season. And your wife is Debbie? We hesitated as we drove past the turning off the motorway for Worgl and on up to Niederau, at 12 noon today on our way to Munich from a lovely stay in the Dolomites - but pressed on. We so enjoyed our stay at the end of January, and were blessed with such good conditions. We had lift passes that would have enabled us to go off for lots of day trips, but somehow the need never arose.
snow report
@Chris_n, thanks for the weather updates during the season. Have a great summer and all being well see you end of January with the Jumbulance ski trip
snow report
@Pamski, yes Debbie is my wife. Sounds like you have had a good winter too.
@Cymro66, you have a great summer too and see you in January.
latest report
December 6th Skiing at Auffach today. Beautiful blue skies , perfect snow conditions. Chris will post photos soon Very Happy
snow conditions
Debbie wrote:
December 6th Skiing at Auffach today. Beautiful blue skies , perfect snow conditions. Chris will post photos soon Very Happy

Good to hear - off to Alpbach on the 28th, looked at webcams today and it looked like July in the valley! Hope it gets a good dump over Xmas!
snow report
Finally found some time to post.
As Debbie said opening day on Schatzberg was stunning weather and good mainly man made snow.

Today we awoke to fresh snow all the way into the valley.

This afternoon it has cleared up and the temperature is going down, snow making machines starting to fire up now.
snow report
So good to see the lovely familiar scenes. Toofy Grin

Can't wait to get out there again. First week of February as usual. snowHead
ski holidays
Just returned to Niederau and so happy to be back Smile. Had a fabulous first day skiing on 6th with best friend Debbie, best colleague Chris and best!! Husband Des Smile
snow report
So happy to have my bestie @carolyn, back in Niederau. Here's to a fantastic season. Little Angel
snow conditions
@Chris_n, keep the weather reports coming. Jumbulance trip last week in January. Hope to see you then!
snow report
Very quiet at Auffach today. The slopes are beautiful however getting a little soft at the middle station at lunch time. Fantastic skiing
ski holidays
I'm getting a little worried (maybe I shouldn't be) that it's a little over a week until our trip to Alpbach and less than half of the area is open - webcams not doing much to make me feel better either, looks totally green in Inneralpbach. We booked a ski in/out place there but at the moment it doesn't look like that will be possible.

I guess all we can do is pray for snow!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BRi87, don't fancy your chances of ski in, ski out atm. The areas that aren't open yet have always been scheduled to open this coming weekend. All of the upper slopes are in good condition with mixed natural and man made snow. Conditions on the mountain will be fine, there is snow in the forecast starting Saturday hopefully it won't be rain at village level.
All attempts at snow dancing are more than welcome!
ski holidays
Thanks @Chris_n, a lot can happen between now and the 28th. I'm hearing rumours from feet on the ground temps are going to drop and snow is on the way
snow report
Niederau opened today, skiing possible into the valley from Marchbachjoch and Lannerkopfl. One nursery slope was open in the valley although it wasn't very wide. Snow was better than I expected (but not great) following the Fohn wind and high temperatures we have had this week.
Alpbach closed today due to the probability of very high winds.
snow conditions
@Chris_n,
Saw that on the Ski Juwel website today.

Thanks for the updates, please keep them coming if you can.
snow report
Checked webcams at 9am and Inneralpbach was green, just checked now and it's white! Very Happy
ski holidays
Snow down to about 900m today mainly rain and sleet at village level. Forecast is looking a little cooler so hopefully they can start making some more snow at higher levels, I will sleep with one ear open tonight wink
snow report
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (as the song goes) Laughing
snow report
Any updates? Very Happy
snow report
Pretty much the same im afraid. Snow on the mountain and sleet/ rain in the village.
ski holidays
Thanks Debbie - just wondering how much of the area will be open by next week, just have to wait and see
ski holidays
Hi @BRi87, heavy snow forecast for over night on Christmas day, keep praying and fingers crossed.
snow conditions
@BRi87, everything above the middle stations of Alpbach and Auffach will be fine, snow level is still hovering about 900m.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy