Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Quite right, I stand corrected - I tend to agree it’s frequently closed.
IMHO with moderate queues its faster to go Blanchette and Carella than it is taking the cable car. On a sunny day I never go by cable car.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charliee wrote:
Yes@ukredsox, they are the concrete bases used for mini/crazy golf during the summer - they have been in place for years.

Thanks

No idea why I haven't spotted them before
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like the first decent snowfall arrived higher up at the weekend - the start of this season's base perhaps!

Come on La Plagne, must be new piste map time now!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Confirmation up today that the Inversions lift is getting replaced next summer....

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm

Mixed feelings about this. Clearly it's long overdue and much needed. Equally, inversions piste is a beautiful long red unmatched elsewhere on the La Plagne side and because it goes almost no where and is currently served by a sub-standard lift, it is often beautifully quiet too.

Let's hope the new lift makes it more enjoyable for existing fans of the piste but doesn't attract too many more!!!! (Selfish I know).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chopkins13 wrote:
Confirmation up today that the Inversions lift is getting replaced next summer....

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm

Mixed feelings about this. Clearly it's long overdue and much needed. Equally, inversions piste is a beautiful long red unmatched elsewhere on the La Plagne side and because it goes almost no where and is currently served by a sub-standard lift, it is often beautifully quiet too.

Let's hope the new lift makes it more enjoyable for existing fans of the piste but doesn't attract too many more!!!! (Selfish I know).

Yes, I see what you mean, but overall I'm pleased. We spend a lot of time at Belle Plagne, so the upgrade of Crozats and Inversens will hugely improve the skiing nearby, no longer needing very slow lifts on that 'other' side of Arpette.

When they get the new piste down the other side of RDM made , then the whole route round RDM - chalet de bellecote - deversoir - Bauches - Crozats - Inversens will be a great little itinerary.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooohh - La Plagne has got new web cams!

Voici déjà tous les liens actifs pour mise à jour sur le site :

http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/grande-rochette
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/bergerie
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/roche-de-mio
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/montalbert
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/montchavin
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/champagny-la-rossa
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/colorado
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/webcam-montalbert-fornelet
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/becoin

A suivre prochainement
-          Glacier
-          Bijolin
-          Half pipe Bellecôte
-          Les Coches
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Old news about Inversens from October 24th...

boredsurfin wrote:
Inversens Chair will be replaced next summer 2018 by a 6 man lift by Poma
wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 7-11-17 12:43; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking pretty amazing up there today!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@eblunt, or go down Rosset. I'm not sure they are keen on building the new piste from RDM to the chalet de bellecote any more.
I've heard that they may have refurbished the existing bubbles going to the glacier (coat of red paint and new Perspex), this would indicate that the plans to develop the glacier have been shelved for now.
They believe that no one will go up the glacier in poor weather and that the existing heap of poo-poo works in fine weather so there is not much to be gained.
In truth they can't open the glacier sector if the heli from Courchevel can't fly around and make an inspection so the sector will always be closed in poor weather anyway!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and the 'old' cameras are still working!
https://laplagne.roundshot.com/montalbert/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great view of cloud over LP today

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charliee wrote:
@eblunt, or go down Rosset. I'm not sure they are keen on building the new piste from RDM to the chalet de bellecote any more.
I've heard that they may have refurbished the existing bubbles going to the glacier (coat of red paint and new Perspex), this would indicate that the plans to develop the glacier have been shelved for now.
They believe that no one will go up the glacier in poor weather and that the existing heap of poo-poo works in fine weather so there is not much to be gained.
In truth they can't open the glacier sector if the heli from Courchevel can't fly around and make an inspection so the sector will always be closed in poor weather anyway!

I had though that because of all the effort they have been making with Derochoir, making it easier, and open more often, then it became more useful to have a piste down from RDM down to chalet de Bellecote, thus opening up that area a bit without the need for the bubble to the glacier to be running.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ukredsox, lush
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In the development plan the line of the new gondola was from the start point of the chalet de bellecote chair - something to do with moving the pylons from the ridge line so they are less visible. The off piste area to the the right of the existing cable car route is heavenly and ripe for development but it’s in the National Park and they won’t allow any development in that area down to Champany Le haut.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ukredsox, - looking stunning up there - can't wait to get out on my skis!
latest report
Nice covering in Montalbert at the moment...
snow report
@boredsurfin, 3 -5cm's? not enough for a sledge but I guess it has to start somewhere - La Plagne will probably waste half its water supply putting down a piste to let you out again! Toofy Grin
latest report
@Charliee, oi! La Plagne nicks a third of Montalberts supply snowHead
In reality there are 3 naturally fed lakes in the snowmaking system of La Plagne, one of which is near the top of the New Montalbert Gondola.
latest report
Here are the dates of the first natural snowfall in MONTALBERT (1350m) of each season for the last 13 years.

2005/2006 28th November
2006/2007 22nd November
2007/2008 7th November
2008/2009 29th October
2009/2010 08th November (not sure if accurate)
2010/2011 16th November
2011/2012 05th December
2012/2013 28thOctober
2013/2014 10th November
2014/2015 9th December
2015/2016 21st November
2016/2017 9th November
2017/2018 8th November
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, 1st snowfall is irrelevant? Its the snowfall and temp mid December that makes or breaks a season surely? There may have been snow 9th November last year but early January there was grass at 2,000m. Worth conditions we have ever seen.
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, Yep, its indicative of naff all! The Xmas and New Year conditions have been getting worth for the last 5 years!
latest report
Quote:

@thefatcontroller, Yep, its indicative of naff all! The Xmas and New Year conditions have been getting worth for the last 5 years!

Statistically due a good one then? Or an irreversible long term trend? I fear the latter but hope the afore!
ski holidays
chopkins13 wrote:
Quote:

Statistically due a good one then? Or an irreversible long term trend? I fear the latter but hope the afore!

Will answer January 6th! I don't agree they have been getting progressively worse, we have had some great January's, however the only thing that is very obvious is that most(all?) resorts are now 100% reliant on man made snow to keep the resorts open.
ski holidays
Its snowing in La Plagne at the mo, but blowing a hooley as well! Its been trying to snow for the last couple of days. Well, ok, its been snowing but light tiny snow! Hopefully there will be more over night as the forecast was for quite a lot, and it doesn't look like much at the moment Sad

For anyone coming to Plagne Centre (or surrounding villages), most of the parking seems to have gone in the on going plans for rejuvenating Centre!! Certainly in Centre there is going to be very little available Sad Sad
latest report
chopkins13 wrote:
Thanks all for the excellent pointers as usual!

Loving the sounds of dog sledding and dinner in an igloo, think they'd love both those ideas. Last time we were there I think one of the ski schools were pro,outing an evening meal at the top of the Grand Rochette with a taxi ski back down afterwards - any ideas who this might be?!

Merci.

I've wanted to do dog sledding for years and never done it. The igloo dinner is brilliant (better if the skies are clear, the views are amazing). Wear warm clothes though and bear in mind that its a fair walk to the igloos (I went with a leg brace on after an ACL injury, not my finest idea!! LOL)
latest report
Still snowing!

Plagne Centre
latest report
On the subject of season passes I looked at the pages for Paradiski and don't see any info on what is offered by way of day passes in say 3 Valleys or Espace Killy. Am I just looking in the wrong place?
snow conditions
@olpanije, They don't seem to publicise it at all. Last season Jonpim had to email the lift pass company SAP who confirmed the EOS (Espace Olympic Savoie) resorts were still covered, at least under the Paradiski season pass.
It may be worth doing the same again. The person who replied to him was Corinne at info@edenski.com.

I'm assuming it will still be available as this season holders of a Paradiski, Espace Killy or 3 Valleys season pass will be entitled to 6 free days skiing in the Vail resorts in America - https://www.epicpass.com/info/europe-is-epic/france.aspx.
I'm making the assumption that there must have been some agreement reached between the 3 French ski areas to come to this reciprocal arrangement with the people at Vail resorts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't want to panic just yet but this is a reply to my email to SAP today.

Bonjour,

Avec un forfait saison Paradiski, vous bénéficiez de 2 journées gratuites sur le domaine de ste Foy en Tarentaise et d’un tarif à 30€ la journée sur la station de la Rosière.

Cordialement,
Delphine

I have gone back for clarification. Will post the response
latest report
I just received this. It's not looking positive.

Bonjour
Les forfaits saison ne donnent plus accès aux 3 vallées et espace killy.
Vous pouvez toujours bénéficier de 2 jours gratuits à Saint Foy ou du forfait journée à 29€ pour l’espace San Bernardo.
Nous restons à votre disposition pour tout renseignement complémentaire,
Cordialement,
Elodie
snow conditions
olpanije, with fingers crossed i have emailed same source as last year: Corrine at edenski.
snow conditions
Montalbert looking lovely today, this coming weekend Meteo France is showing 4 days of snow showers snowHead
latest report
@boredsurfin, looks like they've had the piste bashers over some of that and the cannons are on? They must think it's here to stay then! Fingers crossed they're right and it's a proper start to the season this year.
snow report
@LaPlagneSeasonites, bad news i'm afraid.
Corrine at Edenski confirms information from SAP sent to olpanije:
"The EOS ticket is still available on Sainte Foy are (2 days free) or on the Espace San Bernardo area (discount price of 30€/day/person).
Tignes-Val d'Isere and 3 Vallées are not available anymore
"
Bummer! Those free days were worth nigh on £200.

Rumour had it that the facility would cease last year, so at least we got one more go.
But a big loss all the same.
One consolation this year is that i've got to a certain age that means the pass is 164€ cheaper
snow conditions
Oooh - is that bashed @boredsurfin? We're looking for somewhere bashed to get mini-snowandsunshine on her skis before the start of season madness begins.
ski holidays
To Echo @Jonpim, words - that's a "Bummer" with a capital B. Anyway, I bought season passes for the family today so it was not a deterrent. I imagine that season pass holders won't travel around as much this year, for one I won't go to Val d'Isere for new years day as I normally do.
snow conditions
@Snow and Sunshine, Looks it, top of the Gondola at Fornelet has been bashed as well today snowHead
ski holidays
Some strange anti-bashing (scraping?!) Gone on at the Bergerie webcam by the looks of things today. Something smaller than piste basher seems to have come along and partially scrapped away the new snow! Whilst you could argue it may survive longer in piles next to the piste the piles are very eratic and don't support this theory. Maybe the idea was to expose the bare ground to colder air temps to get the base layer colder?! Or maybe I'm over analysing this and it is simply the work of a rogue snow thug intent on spoiling the enjoyment of others?!?!
latest report
Probably a pisteur building a halfpipe in his garden @chopkins13, wink

@boredsurfin, Mrsnowandsunshine is taking her up now to give it a go so I'll report back!
ski holidays
This bit ?

Firstly, not sure why the webcam's software is blurring out the area (it's doing the same to the ladder)

Seems a strange place to scrape unless they'd planned to do some landscaping of the lift run-off area and got caught out by the snowfall

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy