Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Official Website http://www.la-plagne.com/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hello everyone #waves

Octobers here, there is snow on the hills, leaves are falling, must be time to wax the skis!

What are everyone's winters looking like?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
Octobers here, there is snow on the hills, leaves are falling, must be time to wax the skis!

I've been really good and done mine over the summer!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bring on the snow (and long may it last as we're not arriving until 17 March this year!!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any sign of this season's piste map as yet? Can't remember when it normally makes an appearance but it's always an exciting step along the way to the start of the season!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes chopkins13, all these little signs that the season is getting close:
Get season pass, sort out travel, peruse new Piste Map, buy at least one new bit of ski kit, pray can still get into ski pants, start watching weather sites on a daily basis . . .
(and thank you boredsurfin for the brand new shiny thread)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes@boredsurfin, much better to see you have done this. Think we might all be in for some early snow looking at the Sat images. Those storms in the atlantic, if we are lucky, might start sending us some snow! Hope so anyway. Very Happy Roll on the winter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Congratualtions to Philip Howard who has just won a Michelin star to go alongside his AA Best Restaurant in London accolade for his latest restaurant http://www.elystanstreet.com
Phil is opening a restaurant called Union in La Plagne Montalbert this coming season.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I've been really good and done mine over the summer!

Ooooh - you're well organised!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are you in Montalbert @boredsurfin, ? I've got some friends potentially moving to Longefoy. Have you ever eaten in the restaurant there? Any good?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Snow and Sunshine, Hi, I think I'm not going to be there again until December this year... If you mean http://www.ladray.com in Longefoy it does get very good reviews, although personally I haven't been there.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks @boredsurfin, I hadn't realised it was a hotel as well - I've only ever driven past - I'll send the link to my friends so they can have a nosy. Thanks Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Snow and Sunshine, There's a bakery in Longefoy as well....but I think thats it wink
There is some unrenovated properties for sale there as well. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
I think I'm not going to be there again until December this year...
Which presumably means you are leaving on December 15: the day we arrive rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, Strangely this year we are arriving the day the resort opens wink
snow report
boredsurfin: "arriving the day the resort opens" Shocked
December 16?
Shirley shum mishtake.

(Better find some Christmas crinkly paper for that packet of chocky Hobnobs Smile )
snow report
@Jonpim, indeed Very Happy
we're Flying out as well!
snow conditions
The new Restaurant at the top of the Montalbert Gondola is taking shape its due to open for the coming season.

Picture credit https://twitter.com/montgesin
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
The new Restaurant at the top of the Montalbert Gondola is taking shape its due to open for the coming season.

all a bit shiny...
snow report
Indeed - funny how the authorities can get so upset about the placing of a pylon or two that it delays a new lift by years but are happy for this monster of a shiny building to go up. I assume the logic is it's so shiny that it simply reflects the landscape and thus appears invisible!
snow report
@chopkins13, Yep, thats the best we can hope for I guess.
ski holidays
Hi Guys.

Does anybody out there know of any designated indoor areas in the La Plagne ski area that you can eat your packed lunch please - as opposed to a park bench on the top of the hill?

Cheers.

Wyn
snow conditions
There is one picnic room at the top of the Champagny gondola also somewhere around Plagne Village as well I believe.
They should be shown on an up to date piste map.
snow conditions
Thank you.

I can see the icons for the outside picnic areas (picnic bench) but nothing for "inside picnic/eating" areas.

Cheers.

Wyn
ski holidays
Theres one in Plagne Centre
latest report
@TWJ, there is one at the top end of Les Coches - used to be ice skating place - bottom of Lac Noir bubble.
snow conditions
Thanks
snow report
Right La Plagne folks - need some advice.

We're coming in March this year and bringing my parents (60's) along - they're non-skiers but have very kindly volunteered to look after our 1 year old whilst we go skiing each day!!!! (AMAZING!)

We'd quite like to buy them some sort of gift - dog sledding, skidoo ride, evening meal on the mountain type thing. Anyone know where we could find out and book such things?

Secondly, we'll need to buy or rent some form of sledge for the afore mentioned 1 year old for the week - thoughts on trying to procure on the drive from GVA at a supermarket maybe? Or do any of the ski hire shops rent out the plastic or wooden sledges for a week? We're staying in Belle Plagne.

Any pointers gratefully received.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chopkins13, Google maps shows a Decathlon in Aime La Plagne - may be good for a sledge?
ski holidays
hi @chopkins13, for the sledge its worth just buying one - every supermarket etc en-route sells them, as do all the ski shops in resort. They aren't very expensive

For the experience how about dinner in an igloo - http://www.la-plagne.com/activite/1/189596-village-igloo.html (not suitable for 1 year old). You can also book dog sledding and skidoo rides in la plagne. snow shoeing is popular too (http://www.reflex-skischool.com/en/snowshoes/)

Any help?
ski holidays
new restaurant not in keeping with area. bit of an eye sore.

Shame they could have built something really nice.
ski holidays
@TWJ, There's a purpose built indoor picnic area at the top of the Champagny gondola and one at the top of the Melezes lift out of Plagne 1800.
We also used to go with the kids to have our sandwiches (usually bought from the Cheminee bar in Plagne Centre) in the corridor just behind the bar, it's not a dedicated picnic area but plenty of bench space with heaters below and enough bins for your rubbish. Look for the signs for the lift pass office and the telemetro gondola that goes up to Aime 2000.
There's also a decent pancake stall just across from the bar if you want a dessert.

@chopkins13, If they like a bit of excitement you could treat them to ride on a bobsleigh, the bobraft is pretty safe and only reaches speeds of 80km/h. http://winter.la-plagne.com/events-activities/plagne-experiences/bob-experience.html
ski holidays
@nt.farmer,
Quote:

new restaurant not in keeping with area. bit of an eye sore.
Shame they could have built something really nice.

Have you ever seen Aime 2000 just up the hill from there?
latest report
Replacement of the old ( and very slow ) Crozats chair lift this season , looking forward to trying that out Very Happy
snow report
@chopkins13, You need a dog sled expedition with Mathias who is based in Montalbert but works all over the resort and the region

https://www.horstraceaventure.fr He speaks very good English so drop him an e mail - address as on his website.

Here he is on the LP website http://www.la-plagne.com/activite/1/246813-bapteme-en-traineau-a-chiens.html he's had a shave since that picture was taken! - There are also some You Tube videos if you have a poke around.
ski holidays
[/quote]
Have you ever seen Aime 2000 just up the hill from there?[/quote]

yes but following bad with worse is not a good idea!!!!!!
latest report
Hi all,

Can't wait. 10 of us coming out end of Jan to La Plagne Village.

What is the parking situation like? We are looking at transfers and may drive from Grenoble. Our chalet is on piste so no parking there. Is there any/much parking near by and would anyone know roughly the cost?

Cheers
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:

Picture credit https://twitter.com/montgesin

What the hell is that monstrosity.
ski holidays
Quote:

What the hell is that monstrosity.

Agreed, was my spot to sit in peace in the April sunshine watching the Marmottes! They won't be happy.
ski holidays
@Fridge03, There is surface parking at Plagne villages, depending on where you are there are several car parks available. Most of Plagne Villages is on piste one side and car park/ on street the other. I suggest you ask whomever you booked with if there is allocated parking for your Chalet or if not the nearest parking area, there is some free parking there as well.

@Whitegold, et al, indeed but remember the building is not finished yet, although that could be good or worse, I guess.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy