Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

500 metre long indoor snowslope planned for Wales

Poster: A snowHead
Charliegolf wrote:
@Peter S, Exactly. I live in Afan Forest Park (who knew, not me!) 3 mins from Afan Argoed which has some wonderful mountain biking and walking. I wish I had a quid for every next best thing coming to the valley that didn't.

Crikey, closer to me than i thought! I can get to rhyslyn on my bike in 15mins!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@5pike,

https://trc.cymru/south-wales-metro

Rail improvements are coming
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
South West here, Merthyr would make day trips waaaaaaaaay more possible than the 6 hour round trip to everywhere else that I have at the moment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used to drive from Taunton up to the one by Tamworth if I needed a fix. Merthyr would be more handy for me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charliegolf wrote:
@Peter S............... I wish I had a quid for every next best thing coming to the valley that didn't.

Exactly, it won't get built, another BS project that just makes great headlines and promises jobs that dont' appear. Oh have we an election here in Wales in May or something!

Anyway its in Merthyr so if built and you drive there a decent chance your car wont' be there when you get out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Zip World Tower is opening as soon as the Welsh Government gives the go ahead.

They said that would never come to the Valleys, which if you believed everything that's written here is akin to Sierra Leone in the pissing down rain.

People are already traveling down from London to Bike Park Wales for day, weekend, and longer. Some have bought property and are putting it on airbnb when they can't use it.

And plenty were traveling to Pen-y-Fan from over the border during lockdown. And there'll be plenty traveling back to the Merthyr area and Brecon Beacons from tomorrow.

Audience is not an issue.

And if it doesn't transpire, then it won't be through lack of planning and trying.

And if it does, please stay the f*** away if you're that bothered.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That’s a good sign if people are already travelling long distances to similar attractions. Should help turn the planning approval into investment cash.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Planning is going on for this next month apparently. That could be a game changer for domestic skiing. Please let there be an actual chair lift and not a bloody poma though!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/plans-150m-world-class-leisure-25886629
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This month, not next.

For what it’s worth. I would MUCH rather drive 2 hours each way and spend several hours at this gaff than drive 1 hour to MK/Hemel for an hour/hour and a half skiing (which is the limit for such a short slope)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Timmycb5, I'll be there weekly if it happens. Around 1.25/1.5hrs from me
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everywhere in Wales is a 1.5hr drive with the new speed limits! Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Planning permission is one thing, getting investor backing will be a much bigger mountain to climb
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's why the one in Swindon fell flat on it's face so many times isn't it? Just couldn't find the money
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ollski2.0 wrote:

but think how many lives it will save driving 20mph everywhere. No more picking up roadkill through the Beacons.
Sheep Lives Mater.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gored wrote:
ollski2.0 wrote:

but think how many lives it will save driving 20mph everywhere. No more picking up roadkill through the Beacons.
Sheep Lives Mater.

None!, They will all have died of emissions poisoning before anyone actually ever arrives anywhere.
snow conditions
They will have died of boredom long before the emissions get them either by falling asleep at wheel or by distraction watching tv or on phone
Emissions in our village have gone up since 20 limit introduced so they shifted ground and gone back to the old “think of the children “ chestnut
(They being the carhaters)
latest report
I work round Chepstow way alot and they have roads with like 3 miles of clear visibility on a 20 limit....pretty crazy when people can sprint past and overtake you or fly past on a pushbike.
snow report
Very good Panel Discussion on the Rhydycar West Sport & Leisure Resort project held at Merthyr College last night

Very professional proposal

Goes to consultation later this month

Should know by mid-July

If successful (looking very promising at this stage) then it gets passed up to the Welsh Government for final approval and the green light

Anticipated opening of all facilities & services - not going to be piecemeal - anticpated for Summer 2027

Everything crossed

https://www.rhydycarwest.com/
https://www.facebook.com/RhydycarWest/?locale=en_GB
https://www.instagram.com/rhydycar_west/?hl=en-gb
latest report
@Mike Pow,
Any idea if there are investment opportunities for the accomodation?
I think it could well be an interesting proposal. I think the bike park is not to far? would make sense to interlink them.
snow report
That would be truly great. Near enough and large enough for a weekend visit.
snow conditions
Lush!
latest report
@Mike Pow, did they make any statements about whether funding was in place for constructing the facility?
snow report
On the website it says the ski slope will be over 400m long but is not definitive and seems to then not be the 500m as quoted in the thread title from the initial BBC report. Hopefully it wont shrink too much more by the time they build it.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
did they make any statements about whether funding was in place for constructing the facility?

http://youtube.com/v/zmQL3M6Ql3k&t=14s

"construction costs will be funded with carefully selected finance partners"

Just hope it doesn't end up like that weird London theme park in Kent:
https://www.kentlive.news/whats-on/whats-on-news/london-resort-company-behind-massive-8276885
snow report
Finance seems to be in place
snow conditions
Mike Pow wrote:
Excellent.
latest report
pam w wrote:
Lush!

Yep, you can take the girl outta Wales... Very Happy
ski holidays
Mike Pow wrote:

Yep - those places being the Isle of man, Jersey, guernsey, Malta, The BVI and the Cayman Islands, and back to the Isle of Man again... courtesy of their selection of highly geographically diverse coast loving, yet peninsula shy, parent companies and holding entities... zero rats to be smelt here. MOVE ALONG!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Yep - those places being the Isle of man, Jersey, guernsey, Malta, The BVI and the Cayman Islands, and back to the Isle of Man again... courtesy of their selection of highly geographically diverse coast loving, yet peninsula shy, parent companies and holding entities... zero rats to be smelt here. MOVE ALONG!

Oh just f off you kiljoy
snow conditions
It would have a very big roof!
ski holidays
Mike Pow wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Yep - .. courtesy of their selection of highly geographically diverse coast loving, yet peninsula shy, parent companies !

Mike Power said:-
Oh just f off you kiljoy

Like it or not Richard but these globalist companies will take the peninsulars to, its only a matter of running out of ideas of how to rinse out Joe bloggs British people they will envelop every wisp and jutting spit of our land. It’s like everywhere in Britain and like the South African farmers. The papers and deeds will be used to fire up the big pots for us to sample.

Mr Mike, You as a cool combatant of our great (nature wise) Countries varied and surprising ski resorts may have the slopes to yourselves and our dreams for the moment. But imagine in 100 years time those slopes are inhabited by the not so merry foe. To be discreet.
I nose and you nose the good times are not forever kosher.
snow conditions
oneglove wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Yep - .. courtesy of their selection of highly geographically diverse coast loving, yet peninsula shy, parent companies !

Mike Power said:-
Oh just f off you kiljoy

Like it or not Richard but these globalist companies will take the peninsulars to, its only a matter of running out of ideas of how to rinse out Joe bloggs British people they will envelop every wisp and jutting spit of our land. It’s like everywhere in Britain and like the South African farmers. The papers and deeds will be used to fire up the big pots for us to sample.

Mr Mike, You as a cool combatant of our great (nature wise) Countries varied and surprising ski resorts may have the slopes to yourselves and our dreams for the moment. But imagine in 100 years time those slopes are inhabited by the not so merry foe. To be discreet.
I nose and you nose the good times are not forever kosher.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Gored wrote:
@Mike Pow,
I think it could well be an interesting proposal. I think the bike park is not to far? would make sense to interlink them.

I've emailed the CEO

Awaiting a reply
snow report
Gored wrote:
@Mike Pow,

CEO got back to me

Unfortunately not for private investment at this stage

Corporate, yes
snow report
johnE wrote:
I suppose like Landgraaf it will be built on a old pit heap and like Landgraaf hope to attract all the international teams for summer training now the glaciers are disappearing.

ps. I really like Landgraaf

We were supposedly getting one in Middlesbrough but it all fell apart..
ski holidays
Cardiff, Clevedon, Weston-Super-mare, Beckton, Swindon... For a while snowdomes seemed to be the bit-of-cheese you wrapped around the property goldmine pill to get the council planners to swallow it.
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
...snowdomes seemed to be the bit-of-cheese you wrapped around the property goldmine pill to get the council planners to swallow it.
This. In Canada "ski resorts" sometimes look like "real estate plays" too.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Cardiff, Clevedon, Weston-Super-mare, Beckton, Swindon... For a while snowdomes seemed to be the bit-of-cheese you wrapped around the property goldmine pill to get the council planners to swallow it.

Interesting thought. Next time your Planning Department is considering a large housing allocation ask them to make the developer build a snow dome as part of the mitigation snowHead
ski holidays
@phil_w, shame it didn't happen in Clevedon, you'd not keep me out of it!
snow report
Nah, you only need to promise you'll build it as a valuable facility for local people bringing jobs and visitors and..... oops we ran out of money - just approve the build of more houses to fund that, and we'll get right on it once they've been sold... *ka-ching*ka-ching*ka-ching*
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy