Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luggae and luggage allowance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimastaaah wrote:
@dp, I agree somewhat with you that many BA flyers do try to push the envelope of acceptability when it comes to Cabin Baggage.

However, the best way to ensure you keep hold of your cabin stuff is not to go over the dimensions rule (that goes for the Hold Baggage as well). As regards the weight of your cabin baggage, BA are exceedingly generous with a hefty 23kgs allowance. Combined total potential baggage allowance per person is 46kgs. That's more than enough for your average skier with all the ski kit.

Absolutely agree RE weight. The difficulty is getting 23kg into a bag that fits inside the dimension rule. (Ski boots makes it easier!)

As a result people seem to take the weight thing as their guide not the size.

Then the trouble is, if you're not a frequent flyer, by the time you're allowed on the plane after all the priority boarding has happened (I appreciate at Heathrow priority boarding doesn't seem to exist, everyone just piles into the same queue and the staff don't seem to care; but at Geneva they're actually pretty on top of it), there's a fair chance that the locker over your seat will have a small elephant inside it and you'll have to put your bag at the other end of the plane. And the crew won't care because they'd rather upset the occasional flyer with putting their bag at the other end of the plane, than upset the Gold member by asking them to actually follow the rules.

[/rant]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi DP.

Firstly weight is nothing to do with airport security.

BA customer service has went downhill. Comp says no. I bought a samsonite bag that takes my ski boots etc and is within the dimensions limits. That and my hold ski bag is enough for me. As you know I get mega free allowance even in economy (2x32kg plus 2 cabin) but one hold and one cabin is enough for me.

As for 23kg hold..... that is marketing BS. Try getting 23 kg inside those dimensions that doesn't involve gold bars.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I take a wheelie case as my hand luggage and almost always I am asked, at check-in, if I want to put in in the hold for free, as they are struggling for space. I say yes, unzip my case and take out my 10 litre day sac, which conveniently is filled with anything I might need on the plane, and will then be used each day for skiing purposes. I don't want to cart my wheelie case around the airport anyway or have to find a space for it in the overhead bins so this satisfies everyone. In fact if they don't offer to put it in the hold, I get quite miffed!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Regarding priority boarding at LHR. In my experience, boarding is done properly. It is just that gold, silver,bronze get priority. At Lgw it is a free for all.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

Firstly weight is nothing to do with airport security.

Never said it was? When I said they take the NMFP... that is because it's not their FP!

Quote:

As for 23kg hold..... that is marketing BS. Try getting 23 kg inside those dimensions that doesn't involve gold bars.

I presume you mean cabin baggage but yes I agreed in my last post. Even with a pair of ski boots and a laptop (macbook pro surprisingly heavy) I was only halfway there

GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Regarding priority boarding at LHR. In my experience, boarding is done properly. It is just that gold, silver,bronze get priority. At Lgw it is a free for all.

Not my experience... although I've had a mix of experiences. Sometimes I've seen it done, sometimes they have 2 queues (priority and normal) but the person at the front of the normal queue still gets on before the last person in the priority line. But mostly, the call "Gold members are inv..." and the entire gate stands up which either means it's a flight where everyone flies daily... or it's a free for all.

For me anyway I'm pretty convinced when I was silver it was always a free for all and now I'm a blue it's taken more seriously Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have just booked with BA to Venice in early March. I chose economy for the outbound trip, business for the return and got the allowance for two bags in the hold both ways at a total cost of £204.

I did find the website difficult to establish the options regarding the allowances, however the confirmation is very clear.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy