Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the legal way to carry other peoples bags?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A colleague of mine arrived in NZ to work a season with me. He had his parachute with him. He was unpacking it to go and do a jump so always packed and repacked it. A MASSIVE block of hash fell out. Now, he’s absolutely not a smoker. Turns out he had loaned his chute to someone. During the drive back from a jump the van was stopped by the police and someone in the van panicked and put it in the nearest place they could. He had absolutely no idea and had carried it from the UK to NZ via Singapore of all places ! He was ashen. And needed to relax so .... Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last year we travelled to Ghana for a friend's wedding and were asked to each take a suitcase over using our spare hold allowance. This is common practice: visitors will often bring over useful stuff from the UK. Customs are well-aware of this and particularly alert to non-matching luggage, so much higher levels of inspection. So we made the owners come over one evening and literally unpack and then repack the cases, so that we could be certain of the contents, and we checked on the rules governing what might be queried by customs. I'd suggest that you tell your 'clients' that you will go through every case just so you're sure there's nothing questionable in them and of course, do it.

Remember the guy on the 'Heathrow' programme? Last time he used one of his bags was to hold his licensed rifle and ammunition on a visit to the shooting range. Left a couple of rounds in a pocket. And he was surprised the security people got shirty and said he'd be prosecuted. No accounting for the carelessness and stupidity of other people - trouble is it'll be you doing the explaining. At a minimum, it could be a huge delay and hassle and a note on your record.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 1-03-19 13:30; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another one that says you need to be sure you know what is in them. Having done jury service for a smuggling case at Heathrow, the law is awfully clear. Also got stopped flying to Israel once, accompanying a load of editors on a media trip. When asked by ElAl, I did answer truthfully that the actual the bag I had packed belonged to my boyfriend, now husband. I got dragged off for additional questioning and x-rays! Made the flight but now and very very wary.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy