Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I want to learn parallel long turns

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Levi215, no, The difference is that the skiers in clips 2 and 3 are real, proper instructors who can ski, the skier in clip 1 isn't and can't.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, think i covered that more subtly in the second sentence Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Levi215, sometimes a blunt instrument is required... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
ValueSkiBreaks wrote:
In part I think that's a 'time thing', which should come naturally.

No. It's an instruction and practice thing which probably doesn't come naturally.

Came naturally to me with practice, we're all different! Obviously with 'time thing' comment I meant with practice!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ValueSkiBreaks, how's your mogul skiing?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@ValueSkiBreaks, how's your mogul skiing?
Not really keen to start a debate here, but thank you for your kindness ).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ValueSkiBreaks, no really, I'm going to stick to my guns, based on the analogous situation of having roller bladed for many years (based on it feeling much like skiing) and then finally having lessons. "Oh, you're a skier aren't you?", being the instructors first words. "How can you tell?" says I, wonderingly. "Oh, you're doing it all wrong".

Every skier, bar one, that I've met in 45 years who claim to have taught themselves, have taught themselves badly.

Totally delighted for you if you're the exception to the rule, but y'know, you see one black swan, all you know is that there's one black swan...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 23-08-17 13:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I love the Video 2 man - his explanations are always super-clear, and his demos look perfect to me. Not that I'm an expert.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle wrote:
I love the Video 2 man - his explanations are always super-clear, and his demos look perfect to me. Not that I'm an expert.

agree i've been tempted to go to Serre Chevalier and get some tuition from him / that ski school just based on the apps / videos. Really talks to my way of thinking about skiing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Levi215, oh, is he based in Serre Chevalier? I'd like to go back there soon, and that would be an added incentive.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hurtle, believe so, or at least was when i checked, it was a couple of years ago now though
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
... Every skier, bar one, that I've met in 45 years who claim to have taught themselves, have taught themselves badly. ...

I agree that many people who ride badly are self taught, but that's manifestly also true for many people who take classes.
I think that the real issue is that people who ride baldly are happy doing what they do. The reason they're not experts is that they don't want to be.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Levi215 wrote:
@Hurtle, believe so, or at least was when i checked, it was a couple of years ago now though

Still is I believe. I've had tuition from him on a Freshtracks holiday and he's excellent. (http://www.insightski.com).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@philwig, Yep.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy