Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Most Beautiful Resort in the World

Poster: A snowHead
chamonix- dramatic

selva/cortina- v pretty mountains

zermatt-toblerone-

la grave- general atmosphere- but les terasse v.quaint hamlet just above esp good

Nastiest Resorts??(to look at- not skiing)
Tignes
LDA- sorry easiski
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
See if I get this right

Chamonix is just a steep valley. Mont Blanc is too big or too close to see its peak from the valley level. So the dramtic description is really such steep valley is not usually associated by a skiing resort. Therefore visiting skiers can find plenty of challenge. Doing the Valle Blanche (not done it myself but I know enough of the place) is a dramatic experience.

The valley is not particularly beautiful when viewed from Les Houches end or Le Tour/Vallorcine end. "Dramtic" is a good word to describe it though.

Selva has pretty mountains and this is one of the scene. Personally it is the vast scale of the skiing domain that I feel most impressed as shown here.

Not been Contina, Zermatt (only in summer) or La Grave yet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think that LDA is that bad to look at.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpach - Wonderful Alpine charm, shame about the skiing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Valfréjus! Beautiful because there's not much there.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
edsilva, L2A is nowhere near as bad as Tignes but I can't see anywhere getting even close to Les Menuires in that category Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, Apart from 1 hideous and huge block slightly up the hill, i didnt think Les Menuires was too bad. Great place to ski though.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 24-03-06 14:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Berthoud Pass.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, the skiing is great, right enough. Maybe it's been renovated a bit, I haven't been there for a few years but the area around the Croisette used to look like Wester Hailes transported to the alps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, Last time I was there there was just one huge arced building in the middle of no-where - no variety (only one building enayway), no chalets, no atmosphere - the pits of the world.

edsilva, Of course4 I disagree with you 100%. I admit we're not pretty of beautiful, but the way all the buildings are different shapes, with roofs of different shapes (also different colours), and are at odd angles to each other saves it to my mind - can't stant the prupose built places - no soul.

Prettiest place I've ever seen would have to be Gimenz or Zinal (Val d'Anniviers, Switzerland) , but I've never been there in winter.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski,
Quote:

Prettiest place I've ever seen would have to be Gimenz or Zinal (Val d'Anniviers, Switzerland) , but I've never been there in winter.

Grimentz is just as pretty in winter, and IMHO much more photogenic than nearby Zinal Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, See if you think it is any different at the Eosb.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Les Menuires still isn't pretty but they're making progress slowly. The aesthetic weaknesses of one block were skillfully addressed with a fair amount of dynamite. I do think Tignes is worse.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

the Val de Claree in Summer is GORGEOUS. Have you read Wild Herb Soup? The valley was saved by the author from being used for an autoroute.

Sounds fantastic I have only been there spring and winter. I absolutely love the valley though, really stunning, great x country skiing and I believe some pretty good ski touring a the head of the valley though I have not been up that far. I haven't read the book but running an auto route through would have been a real act of vandalism. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair, I hate Tignes just as much!!!
snow report
Tamworth Snowdome must be up there. Incredibly beautiful, especially the view from the mountain restaurant (aka cafe)
ski holidays
When I opened the shutters on my chalet in Verbier and saw the whole of the town ringed by mountains and sunlight - breath taking!
ski holidays
Town / architecture - Adelboden
Mountain scenery - dead heat between Wengern and Madonna di Campiglio
Single feature - Zermatt
Jolly nice villageness to be in and walk round - Valmorel
Shops - Courmayeur
Sense of history, atmos and general all rounder - Zermatt

Put em together and some composite town that would be
snow report
Thredbo

because it has snow gums Smile

(and wombats)
latest report
the most beautiful is Glenshee, which is in Scotland .
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I would put Whistler in there as it has the best transfer IMO.
ski holidays
I think there's something magical about all ski towns.

I love Lake Louise... the view from the Larch chair as you look over the 10 peaks is just stunning... I probably need to wear my glasses more often though as there's an eagle-eyed bunch of you who claim to be able to see the enormous and grotesque chateau... for me it's just a small sand coloured blob... nothing more nothing less!

*should've gone to Specsavers* Laughing
snow conditions
Flaine wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
little tiger, I didn't realise there wer so many trees there - looks really pretty. Everyone says it's like Scotland, so I just assumed it would be bare mountainside.. Thanks for the pic. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
johnboy, the scenery in Flaine is stunning, the concrete awful close up, but from the slopes it melts into the mountains and you can hardly see it.
ski holidays
little tiger wrote:
Thredbo

because it has snow gums Smile

(and wombats)

I like Wombats Very Happy
snow conditions
wombat200, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

...with quite an unusual first post wink
latest report
Zermatt. Oh, and welcome to snowheads from me, as well, wombat200. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I imagine that there are plenty of smaller resorts that may win the the most consistantly beautiful, but it must depend on viewpoint and conditions. For example, here's one of Champoussin I found (neverbeen though). Also, is it the resort of the views from it? Zell am See had some amazing views from the top of the mountain, but I wouldn't say the resort was the most beautiful (similar with Cervinia). Are you talking about being outside looking in, or inside looking out.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 15-09-06 9:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Jasper, Canada

because the Canadian Rockies are beautiful and the resort has been well planned.

When you're at the top all you can are two ski lodoges, the rest is just mile upon mile of empty ski runs!

With the cloud sat in the valley first thing in the morning, it's a beautful picture.
ski holidays
Chamonix
snow report
Quote:

I think there's something magical about all ski towns.

Think so.

The back of Anoch Mor - before they put the chair in ? snowHead

Almost any mountain hut (OK not a resort I suppose) - with a cold beer just after getting there on a nice day ? snowHead

Agree with everyone about the Mattherhorn. Does anyone else, whilst in Zermatt, try NOT to take pictures of it ?
snow report
Anybody skied in Sedrun, Switzerland? Drove through it last week and it was stunning in summer, must be similarly beautiful in winter
snow conditions
Glencoe?

ski holidays
marc gledhill, the snow looks pretty good too Very Happy
snow report
I know where the most beautiful resort is that I've been to so far, but I'm not telling, cause I want it to stay that way! Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
wistful sigh .......

latest report
marc gledhill, brian, nice pics! Very Happy
snow report
brian, I think one of the other pics on your site is even better (apart from the funny black line that seems to have been drawn on in Photoshop).

Linked from http://www.anniviers.co.uk/
snow conditions
 brian
brian
ben wright, yes, but I didn't take that one !

Wonder how the line got there I'll have look when I get home Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy