Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Most Beautiful Resort in the World

Poster: A snowHead
Alex, good call. Tomatina and lettucina are worth a go, too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMHO you can't go past The Remarkables in New Zealand for beauty. Fantastically craggy peaks with the view across the lakes and all that Lord of The Rings Scenery.

Volcan Villarricca in Chile is a close second. A proper looking volcano with lake views.

Yeh. I like lakes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I found Austria pretty, rather than stunning as well
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges, snowbunny,

Local spelling... I think
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From my somewhat limited experience:

Europe—Les Contamines

N.America—Mt Hood.

In both cases, it's the dramatic natural setting of the slopes, rather than anything to do with the village.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tricky question.

My spiritual home is Morzine and I can think of some "takes you breath away" moments from around there.

Cortina is in some fantastic scenery and amazing by moonlight from the tops.

Chamonix gets some votes for sheer humbling size, scale and grandeur.

The Grands Tetons are just fabulous - as they rise straight out of the Idaho plains. Magnificent. Incidentally, apparently the most photographed mountains (god knows how they measure this) are Fuji, Matterhorn, Tetons in that order.

And Wengen/Muerren are stunning - as is the train journey from Interlaken.

But, hey they're all mountains aren't they, all beautiful and terrible in their own ways. Difficult to decide on just one mountain/day/moment...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For me it's also Lake Louise and Zermatt.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zermatt, for me. But I have never been to Wengen wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dolomites, especially around Selva or Lagazuoi; didn't think Lake Louise was anything special, especially echo Richmond re the montrous chateau.

Zermatt probably comes second.

Interested to hear Ellmau is pretty; hoping to go there in March if the snow's good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wengen will always get my vote. If it were just the jungfrau against Matterhorn, then maybe there would be a case for Zermatt, but with the Jungfrau, Mönch and Eiger along with the surrounding mountains, one just cannot beat the Jungfrau region.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glencoe
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roger C, I'd tell you myself but I'm lazy so remembered this post on another thread by Ian Toofy Grin :

Ian Hopkinson wrote:
frostie1861, if the menu bar on www.snowmediazone.com towards the top of page on the right hand side reads:

Home · Search · Register · Login

Then you need to 'Login', once you've logged in then this menu bar reads:

Admin · Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout

you need the one second from right wink

Does that answer your question?

I'd love to see the pics. Just register with the same username/password as on here and let us know when you've done the deed. snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
slikedges, i have logged in but my menu bar still says:

Home · Search · Register · Login

help!!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roger C, Have you clicked on Login?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yes and it tells me i'm logged in!

just wont seem to give me an upload option........
latest report
Roger C, if it says Login, somehow you can't really be logged in, as when I'm logged in, it says Logout in its place. I don't understand. We need Alan or Ian or someone. Puzzled
ski holidays
it gives me a choice of home search profile logout just no mention of upload!

i've got a short list of a few Heavenly pics to upload and will do so as soon as i can!
latest report
Do you have a My Photos or My Albums option top left? If so click each and see if there is an upload photos/create album option anywhere. Otherwise mate, I'm stumped. Puzzled
snow conditions
got a my photos option but when i click on that only tells me that i havent got any pics, no tab to allow uploads

hopefully someone will be along soon with the advice i need.....
latest report
No-ones come up with Queensland in New Zealand yet. That has to be up there in the scenery department along with the best (although I've yet to ski there, only been there in their summer).
snow conditions
tessaventer, Queenstown, New Zealand? There's not a lot of skiing in Queensland, Australia. Throw egg in my face if there is, in fact, a Queensland, NZ!
snow report
Laundryman,FYI yes, there is a Queenstown in New Zealand (South Island) and yes, there is a 'ski field' there!!NehNeh
ski holidays
tessaventer, Queenstown, I know about, but not Queensland (NZ)!
latest report
laundryman, sorry, even reading it the second time I didn't see it!Embarassed
snow conditions
Chamonix -view of Mont Blanc from your tent doorway in the morning in the Les Praz campsite in summer is pretty nice.

I'll also second the vote above for Pucon something about skiing down a volcano with real sparks lighting up the crater above a clear blue lake.
snow report
slikedges, thanks to Alan Craggs some of my pics from Heavenly are now uploaded if you want to take a look!
snow report
Roger C, thanks, some nice pictures there, Lake Tahoe, the flatness of the surrounds, the distance you can see, all conspire to make it a real contender snowHead
snow conditions
Zermatt gets my vote too...Horsedrawn sleighs in the village main street, the sun on the south face of the matterhorn in the evening, this place is just plain beautiful
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its been said before, but the most beautiful resort has to be the one your about to visit (especially when its forcast to dump for the few days priort to your visit).

Having studied my wisdom above carefully, it is obvious that the Worlds Most Beautiful resort is - La Rosiere/La Thuile Very Happy
latest report
I would agree with David Murdoch, pretty difficult to say many resorts look good with freshly fallen snow and a winter sparkle in the air.
Zermatt looks great but only has one view you cannot look out of the valley. The Tetons are fantastic but Jackson Hole is not a particularly appealing town. Personally I prefer Wanaka/ Treble Cone to Queenstown /Remarkables some lovely views here.

I think Murreen is pretty stunning but my own favourite is Vallee Claree a x country area between Montgenevre and Serre Che, Cute villages lovely valley and little mechanised skiing which always adds a bit of an eyesore in the spring/summer. snowHead
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, gets my vote as well; especially the view from our dining room and terrace, 11 peaks over 3,000 metres in a single panorama, must be a similar view from the Quatre Saisons.
ski holidays
Chamonix is an utterly charming town and has amazing views particularly from the Aguille du Midi.

Oh and the view from Tulfes looking over Innsbruck has to rank in my all time top 10 most beautiful sights. Stunning- I'll be thinking about that when I'm 80.

I think though that you have to seperate resort beauty from natural beauty. After all France has some stunning mountains with hideous purpose built resorts that look like a bunch of discarded stickle bricks smack bang in the middle of them.

But over all... Chamonix has to take the prize.
snow report
Zermatt has my vote.
snow conditions
Zermatt by a mile.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Zermatt for me too, and I have been to Wengen wink
latest report
brian,
Quote:

Zermatt for me too, and I have been to Wengen

but have you stayed in Murren Puzzled
ski holidays
I'll add my two pennorth and will plump for Zermatt, closely followed by Wengen
snow conditions
I quite like Flaine because it is a modern art in concrete.

Rotten timber is also good expression for nature and so Avoriaz should get that vote.

Hope they are not as outrageous as suggesting Les Contamines being the most beautful resort.

Stayed in Ellmau for a week. Didn't even know there was anything beautiful or scenic there. Couldn't find anything in Going/Scheffau/Soll/Itter/Hopfgarten/Brixen/Westendorf except human bones were exposed in a church in Soll (got photo to prove)

Kitzbuhel is good for spedning an hour to rest in traffic jam waiting to get out of the town after a hard day skiing.

Didn't think much of Megeve myself because I saw the pistes disappeared in one day after raining heavily overnight. The rustic look of the town can be found everywhere between Sallache to Ugine.

If I didn't read the ski map I couldn't tell Morzine from Les Gets. Now I wonder can the most beautiful resort be found in an altitude 2000m above the sea level.

Went to Courmayeur to ski and not look at Mont Blanc so I didn't find anything worth to report.

Have to stop to duck now to avoid the rotten tomato coming my way. yeah yeah priceless views are indeed available from the above if the condition is right.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 24-03-06 0:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
T Bar, the Val de Claree in Summer is GORGEOUS. Have you read Wild Herb Soup? The valley was saved by the author from being used for an autoroute. We cycled there a couple of years ago, took the car up the Col du GRanon, and cycled down the other side. We even saw a golden eagle.
ski holidays
Zermatt has the Matterhorn and the 4000m peaks which adds a certain drama to the views but the resort isn't overly pretty. Attractive, yes, and the overall package is great but most beautiful...? Its too much of a town.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy