Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

JAL airlines ski carriage policy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Suzi snowflake, your welcome, having lugged our skis through Tokyo underground and main stations at least twice it was a joy to to cart them around on the last couple of legs.

You'll enjoy JR rail, we have done a fair bit on them, just remover to get seat reservations for your trains, to go with the rail pass, stand in the right spot on the platform ( in the queue), waive at the cleaning team as they leave the train and don't use a mobile phone in the carriage. You might find the Man in Seat 61 useful for rail planning.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Suzi snowflake, Jal refers to BA luggage - print out and take along, and ague that are the rules JAL writes on their homepage - you should be ok. https://www.jal.co.jp/jba/ba/en_GB/baggage/bagsport.html

For 2 persons:

Put 2 skies in on bag - worked ok for us last year. (hiring ski in JP is not cheap!!!!!)
1 big suitcase for skiboots+helmets + skistuff for fill.
1 big suitcase for the other staff needed at skiing place.

Send this from airport in JP to your hotel on Hokkaido (black kat / Yamato -Takyu-bin) (don't take them to Osaka/Kyoto!!!!!!!!) http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/send/domestic/
To be organized at the JP airport on arrivel!!! (You can specify the arrival day of you stuff so that your hotel not gets problems with storing for long time)

2 x cabin bag for your trip to Osaka/Kyoto.

Hire a car for Hokkaido (Chitose) 4 wheel drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To get around. (Not shure Rail pas is good for you on Hokkaido)

We stayed for one month in JP, flight with Finnair. (on the way home one more bag + 15 kg overload but no extra charge).

If you take walking boots - remember soft rubber soles (not slippery on ice) - and wear the boots on the flight.

If I got something wrong about your trip - sorry. Puzzled

PS.: Like others wrote - Japan is a country where you travel without luagage - instead it is send seperatly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Suzi snowflake, what was the outcome of your JAL flight to Sapporo. re: skis as checked luggage? I am nearly on the same boat! Well, not really a boat and not really me...but my mate is flying JAL from Madrid and intended to take his skis. he s not sure to understand the rules.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy