Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best pistes?

Poster: A snowHead
Bellette and Ecuriels in Les Arcs / Peisey

Combe Saulire in 3V, thou i have a soft spot for Folyeres in Courchevel/La Tania as it is the piste where my girlfriend (now my wife and mother of our 3 boys) first 'clicked' with snowboarding.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agree with a lot of others here: Folyeres and Jerusalem in the 3V, and Belette in Les Arcs. (I have snowHeads to thank for our seeking out Jerusalem on our 3V trip, as so many on here had raved about it that I really wanted to try it – I was not disappointed, and was surprised at how quiet it was considering how popular it seems to be!)

Also, Cucumelle in Serre Chevalier is a brilliant long red.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote]
mainly all in the 3valleys for me, though I have not been back to 3v in 11 years now so may not be as good as I remember them!!! [/unquote]

Interesting that - I haven't been back for 12 years and I still keep coming up with 3V names too. And it is punching above its weight in other people's lists too. Objectively I do think the piste skiing is outstanding.

In 3V, I prefer combe de vallon to saulire and jerusalem (which of course are excellent). I'd add combe de carron, jockeys and jean blanc (in good conditions). I'm excluding itineraries and couloirs

Grands Montets - pylons and continuing down pierre a ric (in decent snow, at a time of day when you are not fighting off "more balls than brains or technique" idiots)

Tunnel at AdH (provided you get it when it is not littered with people who have bitten off a bit more than they can chew)

OK in VdI

Face on the Gd Motte in Tignes (not such a fan of the VdI one - been a bit polished on the occasions I've skied it)

Piste 9 at Sestriere above Borgata

The black then red from Salati to Alagna

Looking across my list they tend to be long, varied with a bit of spectacle and not too many dull spots.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh and is it Sache all the way to the reservoir at Tignes?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking at the above lists makes me realise what a good idea it is that the French give memorable names to their pistes. "Piste 14" and "Piste 13a" and "Piste 93" (all of which I enjoy immensely here in Saalbach) simply don't have the same ring to them as "Jerusalem". Then there is the glorious 7km piste 68, which we once nicknamed "Veronica", after the equally glorious waitress, who worked at the Hecherhuette mountain restaurant half-way down the run, but all that did was provoke a lot of smutty jokes about "going down on Veronica", and "getting a bit slushy towards the bottom", etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@jedster, I have a massive soft spot for the 3valleys, first learnt to ski in val thorens 25 years ago, had a couple more holidays then spent nearly 3 seasons there, have had a few trips back but unfortunately due to family commitments not been back since 2006 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i agree with you that i think it is unrivalled for the variety of piste skiing to be had there, but am sure there will be other SH's who will disagree.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kitzbuehel:
Black 55 Hochsaukaser
Blue 25 Kaserleicht
Red 70 Resterhohemittel
Black 38 Direttissima

La Plagne
Blue from Roche De Mio to the tunnel

Val Thorens
Red Lac Blanc/Beranger from the Peclet
Red Col de L'audzin

Tignes/Val D
Red OK Coupe de Monde
Red Double M
Black Face De Bellevarde

Killington
Double Black Diamond, Outer Limits-Bumos as Big as Vdubs
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skitech,
Definitely agree Hochsaukaser - proves the existence of God. Also Powder Heaven in God's own ski resort.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gordyjh,

Hochsaukaser piste, is a nice gradient with lovely rollers, and never busy, a few wekks ago there was only three of us skiing it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And under the lift can be epic either powder or bumps. There can also be some fun to be had over to the right under the avalanche barriers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swooshy scenic motorway reds:

Cervinia - Ventina

Les Arcs - Aigle

Tignes - Double M

3V - Jerusalem (Combe Saulire is always so busy although it's a great run)

Serre Chevalier - Cucumelle

Narrow and bumpy blacks

Avoriaz - Combette

Val d'Isere - Foret

Feels a bit remote and fun:

Arlberg - Itinerary linking Zurs and Zug (a piste really)

Tignes - La Sache

Alagna - V3 Col d' Olen
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Couple of new suggestions, ot exactly sure why but have always liked red 10 back to Zurs and the home run (? piste 1Cool in Flims/Laax sticks in the mind too as despite being always busy was a nice long red through lots of trees and through a cool gap between some rocks!

Agree with many of the above too
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Too mnay to choose from.

Always a soft spot for Folyeries (sp) into La Tania, especially first thing in the morning when it's groomed and empty.

Amazonia in Madonna, again best in the morning

Combes des Vallon in 3V

Love hate relationship with Double M in Tignes as never catch it at the right time

Again Le Sache in Tignes

the run from the top of Echo Alpin down to Linga in PDS, good pitch all the way if you keep to the red
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From the 50 shades is schnapps bar right to the very bottom. Alleghe.
The Cirque, Whistler.
The Red from the top of Alba down to Val di Fassa.
Sass Long. Val Gardena.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spinale in Madonna,
Olympia in Cortina
Kandahar in Garmisch
Three of my favs from the last few ski trips.
latest report
Blue 111 in Westendorf (before they built the gondola back Mad)
latest report
@splashrollandplod, @Bones, you're entirely welcome to the Rock Garden, if the photo is anything to go by! Shocked
ski holidays
I love Mont Vallon, Jockeys and Jean Blanc in the 3V (as well as Jerusalem and Pramint). The red runs through the trees above Peisey. Saslong and Gran Risa, the runs to Alba, the blacks at Zoldo and San Pellegrino. Generally I love tree-lined runs, not so keen on moon landscapes above the tree line.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@splashrollandplod, @Bones, you're entirely welcome to the Rock Garden, if the photo is anything to go by! Shocked

Thanks Smile Interestingly its only graded Blue too, but getting to it can be interesting, when icy Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Tatman's Tours wrote:
@HoneyBunny,
Quote:

Blue 68 in Saalbach

...and I have the photographic evidence Smile

It was an awesome run in a week of absolutely epic snow. Fabulous!
ski holidays
+ 3 the Sache Tignes done it a few times as the last run of the day when staying in la Breviere.

The run under the Cime de Carron cable car in Val Thorens. Epic when conditions are good and pistes are empty. Best skied on 215 Authiers Salomon SX 90 Equipes and a disregard for self preservation.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy