Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Bargain thread!

Poster: A snowHead
For anyone after a ski backpack, I've just noticed Ellis Brigham are selling the Ortovox Cross Rider 20l backpack for £69.99 (down form £99.99)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm looking for new skis and I'm considering the Elan Amphibio 18ti2, I found in a massive discount (800 for 320) but unfortunately not my size, I need the 172 and this is 178cm.
If anyone wants, that's a steal, they also have the Porsche Design version for a bit more, also only in 178cm.

https://www.skihut.nl/wintersport/heren/ski-s/elan-amphibio-18ti2-fusion-x_geen-kleur_80902.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AndreSilva, keep your eye on privatesportshop, they do flog off skis at a decent discount from time to time. Ive bought 2 pairs at discounts of between 50-62%. They had one that ended last Sunday night and I think they had some Amphibios in it but which model and size I didnt see.

They might do another sale later, get registered and get their emails. Shipping isn’t exorbitant but they will also run shipping free codes too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster, looks good, thanks for the tip mate!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like Valmorel are having a season pass sale on their site on 31st Aug for a limited number of tickets, they say up to 50% off

https://skipass.valmorel.com/en/all-skipasses/season-flash-sale/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Intersport Eisert(Germany) with massive discounts on skis + 20% off with code "sport20".
Got the Elan Amphibio 18 TI2 for 320 euros(it was 850) Cool
I was in between the Elan or the Dynastar Speed Zone 12(same price), but for my level and weight I guess the Elan will do a better job snowHead

https://www.intersport-eisert.de/Ausruestung/Ski/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just picked up a pair of old stock POC retina big on ebay from barrabes for £35.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Board Basement have 60/70% off loads of snowboard boots, bindings and a bit less off snowboards: https://www.theboardbasement.com/clearance
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There must be a surfeit of skiwear available after this year's truncated ski season and TK Maxx has some quality clothing from the likes of Dainese, Phenix, Colmar, Vist, Goldwin and Mountain Force currently and it is only September - they started selling ski wear at the beginning of September. Much of it is cited as being 60%-75% off RRP and plenty of bargains to be had.

I don't re-call them having so much skiwear available for sale at this time of year previously?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quick heads up - ski Bartlett on eBay is selling Atomic Shift bindings for £239 delivered... Hard to beat...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheburator wrote:
Quick heads up - ski Bartlett on eBay is selling Atomic Shift bindings for £239 delivered... Hard to beat...

No they're not. It's either an error on the google search engine or click bait. Try clicking on the link and you'll see.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon wrote:
cheburator wrote:

No they're not. It's either an error on the google search engine or click bait. Try clicking on the link and you'll see.

Must be £239 each wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shifts for £239 and Bent Chetler 120 for £335 arrived from Ski Bartlett this morning. I noticed they have put up the Shifts up to £399. Whether they made a mistake with mine or not, isn't my problem. When I bought them, they had 5 available, now they show 1. So maybe, it was a genuine sale and they jacked them back up when they realized the bindings were selling like hot cakes...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nope, they made a mistake.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not ski related but if anyone likes Greggs:

25% off until the 23:59 on the 1st of November if you order on just-eat and use the below codes:

Quote:

N1T0-ZJ27
FZY0-39ZM
RC34-PYW7
789T-X7D6
9WRK-7YM2
54PW-C42Q
CJ93-7NMK
latest report
Glisshop have a cracking deal on at the moment for Salomon QST 92 skis with bindings.
Only £260.
They are the 19/20 model, but nothing other than the graphics has changed this year.

The offer finishes on the 18th of this month (Sunday).

https://www.glisshop.co.uk/ski-set-bindings/salomon/alpine-ski-set-qst-92-bindings7101407
snow conditions
@Awdbugga you get a extra 20% off the £260 price.... bloody good deal
latest report
@Awdbugga, I may be mistaken, but I think they are the 2018/19 model, following which changes were made. I am no expert on Salomon skis.
latest report
Pink POC pocito auric cut spin helmet size M (55cm) for £35 on Amazon rrp£170 . Cheapest I can see them elsewhere is approx £100.
snow report
@WASHOUT, thanks for sharing Smile
snow report
sportbittl.de in Munich are selling KOLA 135mm Mix Mohair skins for EUR78 + EUR10 delivery to the UK. The skins are actually branded KASTLE, but who cares - at that price, I will pretend that I don't know... Very Happy
snow report
'Intersport Eisert(Germany) with massive discounts on skis + 20% off with code "sport20".
I was in between the Elan or the Dynastar Speed Zone 12(same price), but for my level and weight I guess the Elan will do a better job snowHead

https://www.intersport-eisert.de/Ausruestung/Ski/'

Just going back to this post from 7th September, I ordered a pair of skis from Intersport Eisert on that date for delivery here to the UK. I got an automated receipt/order confirmation but didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks so I emailed them and was told that because they are soon going into liquidation they couldn't/wouldn't post skis to addresses outside of Germany, so the order would be cancelled and I'd get a refund on my card. Which I did afew days later, and then a couple of days later the skis turned up !. I'm still waiting for the money to be taken out my account again...or maybe I've got free skis !.
ski holidays
anyone with a massive head
https://www.amazon.co.uk/C%C3%A9b%C3%A9-Ivory-Helmets-Unisex-Adult-61-63/dp/B07SNR4TRF/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ski+helmet&qid=1603340627&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&sr=8-3&tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
anyone with a massive head
https://www.amazon.co.uk/C%C3%A9b%C3%A9-Ivory-Helmets-Unisex-Adult-61-63/dp/B07SNR4TRF/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ski+helmet&qid=1603340627&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&sr=8-3&tag=amz07b-21

Think this is going to be too big for my swede (although it's on the larger side!), but ordered on the off chance, as for £10 it's worth a punt, if not, i'll return and lose £3. Worth a risk.
snow conditions
pavel38 wrote:
'Intersport Eisert(Germany) with massive discounts on skis + 20% off with code "sport20".

https://www.intersport-eisert.de/Ausruestung/Ski/'

Just going back to this post from 7th September, I ordered a pair of skis from Intersport Eisert on that date for delivery here to the UK. I got an automated receipt/order confirmation but didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks so I emailed them and was told that because they are soon going into liquidation they couldn't/wouldn't post skis to addresses outside of Germany, so the order would be cancelled and I'd get a refund on my card. Which I did afew days later, and then a couple of days later the skis turned up !. I'm still waiting for the money to be taken out my account again...or maybe I've got free skis !.

Hahahah, that was weird.
Mine arrived here as expected, took around 1 week Smile
snow conditions
Whitedot are launching an 'early season offer' during the first half of November on their 20/21 skis. There's a limited number of skis available at these prices for which snowHeads are getting a two weeks head start before the offer goes public. The prices are as follows:

Altum 94 - List £495.00 - Offer price £399.00
Altum 104 - List £539.00 - Offer price £429.00
Altum 114 - List £539.00 - Offer price £429.00
Ronde 96 - List £539.00 - Offer price £429.00
Ronde 110 - List £579.00 - Offer price £459.00
Ragnarok ASYM - List £579.00 - Offer price £459.00
Ragnarok CarbonLite - List 829.00 - Offer price £699.00

The early season offer prices apply to all orders received by c.o.b on Friday 13th November 2020 and I'd be happy to put together packages with bindings, Quiver Killer inserts, skins & crampons etc.
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
if not, i'll return and lose £3. Worth a risk.

just something like item description wrong, or colour was not what was ordered.
return via post office & Amazon refund relatively quickly after it has been scanned at PO
ski holidays
pavel38 wrote:
'Intersport Eisert(Germany) I ordered a pair of skis from Intersport Eisert on that date for delivery here to the UK. . was told that because they are soon going into liquidation they couldn't/wouldn't post skis to addresses outside of Germany, so the order would be cancelled and I'd get a refund on my card. Which I did afew days later, and then a couple of days later the skis turned up !. I'm still waiting for the money to be taken out my account again...or maybe I've got free skis !.

Maybe that's why they are going into liquidation!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Mammut Barryvox S is on sale, 262£ once you add in the premium membership for the extra 10% off. Perfect timing for those wanting to switch from the Pieps debacle
https://www.keller-sports.co.uk/p/mammut-barryvox-s-lvs-geraet-WEQMA006001.html
snow conditions
Great deal for those in the US. Not sure if they ship elsewhere. 2019/2020 Thule Roundtrip roller double ski bag 175cm. USD150. It is tight but I fit some 180cm skis in it, but it is really tight.

https://www.sierra.com/thule-roundtrip-rolling-ski-bag-175-cm~p~16rmt/?filterString=s~thule-roundtrip%2F

There are some other really good deals on this site.
snow report
That's a lot of cash for a ski bag. I picked up my thule roundtrip (size bigger than 175) for £70 of sports pursuit a few years ago.
ski holidays
Some nice stuff on TKMaxx UK site .
Managed to bag myself some Reusch Be Epic gloves at £50, put away for Xmas present from the OH. Found them listed on various other sites at anything from £100-£140!
https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/activewear/ski+snowboarding/c/02040200?st=&sort=publishedDate-desc&facets=stockLevelStatus:inStock&page=0

Can't convince myself to buy anything else, but some nice Icepak/Spyder jackets and salopettes on there...
ski holidays
Careful with the some of the branded stuff at TKMaxx. A lot of branded companies these days will make actually make stuff for these clearance outlets and they will be lower cost/spec products.

Check what what you are buying is their normal spec product. Also look out for a product that had a lot of stock and has stock over all the normal size range. Again a flag its been made for the clearance outlet.

Otherwise it might not be the bargain you think.
latest report
Mr.Egg wrote:
swskier wrote:

return via post office & Amazon refund relatively quickly after it has been scanned at PO

Turns out I have a meat head, and when I tighten up the straps it fits.

£10 well spent for a spare helmet.
snow report
swskier wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
swskier wrote:

Turns out I have a meat head, and when I tighten up the straps it fits.

£10 well spent for a spare helmet.

Looks like they still have three in stock if anyone else need one.
snow report
Thermic-IC boot warmers £12.50

https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/accessories/warmers-and-dryers/thermic-electric-boot-warmers-shoe-dryers-and-boot-heaters-uk-plug__2661?mc_cid=dccf0eaba5&mc_eid=9a2a10cd1f
snow report
Hope this post is allowed.

For those looking for some new ski gear that won't break the bank and is good for the environment have a look at the One Tree Shop. One Tree at a Time is a grass roots, not for profit based in the Three Valleys. We work to reduce the environmental impact of local businesses and companies working in the outdoor sector.

Part of this includes working with companies to find solutions for excess outdoor garments. Last year we started selling ex warranty, seconds and ex display stock from Isobaa, Fjern and Untrakt as well as gear donated by locals. We assess and repair the gear and get it ready for a second life on the mountains.

This year we've restocked with ski gear donated by various local businesses including New Generation ski school. They had a number of North Face ski instructor and gap student uniforms, many never worn with tags attached. The difficulty came with removing or covering the logos ready for reuse and sale.

After some testing we've found a method of patching and resealing the garments so that they are good as new and ready for the reopening of the slopes (whenever that may be). Proceeds from the sales go back into the running of One Tree allowing us to grow and help more businesses improve their environmental footprint...

A great example of what we offer would be a Gore Tex Pro Freethinker jacket for €120:

https://shop.onetreeatatime.fr/shop/north-face-free-thinker-jacket-orange/

Full range here:

https://shop.onetreeatatime.fr/product-category/clothing/mens-clothing/eco-friendly-mens-ski-jackets/

Note that at present the majority of the stock is male but we have ladies garments waiting to be added to the site. The ladies' garments have a layer of insulation that requires a different method of patching to cover the New Gen logos. Testing continues!
snow report
extremerob wrote:
Thermic-IC boot warmers £12.50

https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/accessories/warmers-and-dryers/thermic-electric-boot-warmers-shoe-dryers-and-boot-heaters-uk-plug__2661?mc_cid=dccf0eaba5&mc_eid=9a2a10cd1f

Thanks for that. Got four, ordered yesterday, arrived today.
snow conditions
@3valleysofpow, do you ever get the rain capes I only ever see in the Alps? Trying to find one that isn't crazy priced for hockey coaching in the UK rain!
latest report
kitenski wrote:
@3valleysofpow, do you ever get the rain capes I only ever see in the Alps? Trying to find one that isn't crazy priced for hockey coaching in the UK rain!

Not so far! Will keep in mind that you want one and be in touch if we get our hands on one...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy