Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to ski resorts - new French Environmental Zone Vignettes

Poster: A snowHead
@HilbertSpace, had the linky which answered my Q. Lifetime of the vehicle. Keep this up, few more savings and they'll be paying me to ski next year! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
195062 wrote:
@Crashnburn, Page 2, as it shows the engine details/emissions. Can't help you on iPhone.

Thanks - page 2 does make total sense
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, just to help anyone else.

There appears to be a simple way to get a picture of your registration document ( page 2 ) down to size ( less than 2mb )

1. Take a picture with iPhone.
2. Take a screen shot of the picture.
3. Upload the screen shot.

You may have to take a picture of just the important section of page 2 - depending of the resolution used.

Was a simple solution in the end.

Assume it will be all ok ….
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Crashnburn, Or, as an alternative, email it to yourself and choose the reduced size option.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having paid for this 3 weeks ago, still no sign of it. Do they normally take this long ?

Edit : arrived today Very Happy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 11-11-22 19:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@eblunt, yeah, three to four weeks as I recall when I got the last one this summer
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A little resurrection here - anyone had experience this season with NOT having the Crit'Air?

Reason I ask, is my lease co keep saying they will send the info that I need, but it never seems to arrive - I will chase again.

Driving via the Tunnel to Val Cenis, and return via the Calais ferry to Poole. We travel on 31/3.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SHAP, What info do you need from lease co? You should be able to do it online from home, through the official website (don't use a third-party site). No travel details needed, just details of car and scan/photo of car registration document.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SHAP, you only need a scan of your registration document and the fuel type. You will get an email confirmation which will act as proof if the vignette itself doesn't arrive in time for your trip. Do make sure you've got one organised, the weather in France has meant the pollution controls, reduced speeds and critair, have been in operation around the main cities recently.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@195062, @homphomp, As it's a lease car, I don't hold the V5, so I need a VE103B instead. They've just emailed me to say it'll be sent shortly, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

As you say, even the email confirmation will be sufficient. Cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SHAP, Ah, now I'm with you. Haven't ever leased a car, so wasn't aware of this. Hope it works out ok.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SHAP wrote:
A little resurrection here - anyone had experience this season with NOT having the Crit'Air?

Reason I ask, is my lease co keep saying they will send the info that I need, but it never seems to arrive - I will chase again.

Driving via the Tunnel to Val Cenis, and return via the Calais ferry to Poole. We travel on 31/3.

Unless you are driving into any of the cities (ie on a stopover) covered by the crit air requirement you won’t need one. We have our own French car parked up near Lyon airport for when we fly over to our apt in The Maurienne valley - we don’t have a crit air sticker and I’ve certainly not seen any of the locals with one in or around Val Cenis and you don’t encroach on any of the covered areas if you stick to the motorways.

https://www.renestance.com/blog/how-will-frances-low-emission-zones-impact-you/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@andmelffion, True. We have a a stop over in Beaune, and will then skirt around Lyon the next day, so unlikely we'll need it, but for the sake of a few Euro, maybe it's better to have and not need etc...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just found this, we are going back in a 12 yo diesel car in the middle of April. Was thinking of visiting Asterix parc just before Calais, according to google maps the suggested route from the Alps is via that motorway that passes through Paris, A6.

Do I understand it right I need to have that sticker (with may not arrive in time) to go that route or use A5 to go around instead ?

What about overnight stop in Reims, I see it in the list too ..?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Finally got the docs from the lease co, but now can't get the website to process it - anyone had this

An error has occurred. Your order has not been registered.
Advice: Renew your order within 24 hours or use another bank card. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I've not got the point where I have to enter payment info.
ski holidays
@SHAP, I think there is a limit on the size of image you can upload of your registration document, maybe you are hitting this.
ski holidays
@rjs, Mmm, it was only 1.2mb, and I've now reduced to 244kb, so shouldn't be that. Think I'll just live without one at this rate...
snow report
Just a final note on this. Tried one last time on my phone, rather than PC, and it was sorted in minutes. Not sure the 'actual ' sticker will arrive in time, but as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, the email confirmation will suffice.

Still not sure what the issue was on the PC.
latest report
Seeing this pop up again reminds me I must get mine in the car. And find a UK sticker, which I've never bothered with before.
snow report
I applied for a crit air last year but lost the sticker. Can't find the email from last year either. Do I need to re apply or will my registration be on the system somewhere?
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Seeing this pop up again reminds me I must get mine in the car. And find a UK sticker, which I've never bothered with before.

I have one of these: https://amzn.eu/d/dZGKhNV
Not sure if it's technically compliant, shape-wise, but I think it looks neater than the big oval ones.
snow report
...and it's good to know it's tested to 130mph, with or without Active Cruise Control wink
snow conditions
For the sake of £4 I've just ordered a new one
ski holidays
You can get little UK stickers to put over the GB on your number plates.
ski holidays
@Boarderfarce, you can't get a replacement so you've done the right thing
snow conditions
They french seem to be on a new information drive prior to cracking down on the CritAir stickers:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66449514
latest report
Gotta love France.

The state tells everyone to buy dirty diesels from Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault.

And then punishes everyone who owns a dirty diesel with absurd child stickers and aggressive fines.

Lol.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy