Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dave Ryding off to a great start!!

Poster: A snowHead
telford_mike wrote:
12th today at Levi. Good start.
Excellent. Completely forgot it was the Levi slalom, and great to see he's started well. What position did he come in each leg of the race?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rob@rar, think he was equal 8th or 9th after the first run but seemed to have a really slow finish to his second. In many ways he was saved by a number of people missing gates due to a nasty rut forming near the finish, think that gave him 2 or 3 places.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SnoodlesMcFlude, thanks. Sounds like a solid first run, and a bit of a mistake on the second run. Encouraging start to the season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
....and he's just come 12th in today's slalom....top job....guess what? ....not even a category for "skiing" on BBC website....pathetic!! Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, pretty much, although I couldn’t actually spot the mistake. Not sure if it’s new technique or the new skis but he seemed to get thrown off the rails a few times. Don’t think it slowed him but I suspect we’ll see a few DNFs if he carries on doing it.

The two aliens at the front had 1.32 over the human in third, even with both seemingly making a couple of errors.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@rob@rar, pretty much, although I couldn’t actually spot the mistake. Not sure if it’s new technique or the new skis but he seemed to get thrown off the rails a few times. Don’t think it slowed him but I suspect we’ll see a few DNFs if he carries on doing it.

The two aliens at the front had 1.32 over the human in third, even with both seemingly making a couple of errors.

Yes, a strange one. Based on the last couple of seasons on the Fischers I would have thought that track would be right up his street but he just didn't look settled. I'm sure it will just take time to adjust. Only two more slaloms in this calendar year with three weeks 'til Val d'sere then another fortnight 'til Madonna di Campiglio so plenty of time to practise. Five slaloms in just over three weeks in January (Zagreb, Adelboden, Wengen, Kitzbühel and Schladming) will be the acid test for him.

The possibility of another two horse race increased yesterday. Kristoffersons demeanour at the end was much changed though, perhaps some sports psychology coaching was part of his pre-season?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think a few skiers are getting used to new material.
When Hirscher was interviewed after the first run they asked him if he was using the new skis or older skis from last season. He paused to answer and then said "all I can say is that I have already won a race on them".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@robboj, I think HK has usually been okay when he gets beaten and feels he skied well and Hirscher was just better on the day. The tantrums come when he’s made stupid errors or feels he’s off his game.

Yesterday was a legit battle and I get the feeling he enjoys them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
4th at Madonna! Wow!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@telford_mike, I was looking to check out the football, when I saw Live Alpine skiing on Eurosport, so I forgot about the football and watched the second runs. I thought he might get better than fourth due to all the top skiers making so many errors but a good result to boost his season. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fastest second run too
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Watched Michaela Shiffrins second slalom run at Courchevel today.
She won again.
If only Dave could be that good.
He's a great skier though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@andy1234, Shiffrin is just amazing, 50 world cup victories and she's still only 23! She had to work for it today thought, basically won it in the final part of the course.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No mention on the BBC sport website
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dave is absolute class - would love to see him celebrated more.
Seems a top bloke as well
snow conditions
That was a much better second run from Dave and so enjoyable to watch. To me it seemed like the pressure of losing his top seeding from the race draw helped him deliver his best run of the season so far. I'm not sure how he pulled it out of the bag but here's hoping that has transformed his season (although I very much doubt I will see another race when both MH and HK straddle one after the other). Good to see that MH in particular is human occasionally as he is so dominant again this year.
ski holidays
Just watched it on YouTube. Don’t remember getting that excited about a 2nd run hold out since AB at the olympics!
ski holidays
@dode, got a link?
ski holidays
It’s on the Eurosport Facebook page at the moment.
ski holidays
@admin, not sure. It was via my smart tv
snow report
It’s titled “alpine skiing: men’s slalom 2nd led madonna so campiglio” so a search for that should find it
snow conditions
I was cross. A decent first run was podium. He will never get a better chance to win with the top two straddling.
I think, and fear that when the heat is on he can’t put that second run in.. would love to see him do it
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
... fear that when the heat is on he can’t put that second run in..
He was quickest on the second run.
snow conditions
Another good run although only one not two thats needed. But much better than his recent efforts.

Never seen so many mistakes by the top skiers as in that second run though.

Good to see the Scots lad win!
snow conditions
Second in Oslo!
snow report
See Dave came 2nd in the Oslo City race today. Another well done, watching it on German Eurosport and it amazes me that the commentators always chuckle when they are talking about Dave... Very Happy
snow conditions
So close...he was drawing level when he skied out
ski holidays
Edge of the sofa stuff.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wow - saw him beat Hirsher on the first run then missed the rest of the race. Just caught the last run of the final on Eurosport's twitter. Wow, I really thought he had him there. Still - great result!
https://t.co/4rSwAEixP0
latest report
Great entertainment and a fabulous result coming on the back of his 4th place in the last slalom of 2018.

He’s turned his season around after looking on the edge of losing his top seeding prior to his storming second run on the previous race.
latest report
I wonder if he would have made it to the bbc one news report even if he had won?
ski holidays
Doubt it, he's from the frozen north and doesn't ride a horse. It does just about get mentioned on the BBC Sport Website though.
ski holidays
He has made the front page of the Times... (only seen it on the Sky ' papers' review..)
snow conditions
Dave's exploits were also shown and discussed within the newspaper review of BBC Breakfast this morning as well!. His star (rocket?) is definitely rising! Cool
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
... fear that when the heat is on he can’t put that second run in..
He was quickest on the second run.

When the heat was off
snow report
I thought the heat was actually on given he only just made it into the top 30 after the first run. His seeding position was seriously under threat following the poor result in Saalbach. He had to deliver on that second run and went out and delivered IMO.
latest report
albob wrote:
He has made the front page of the Times... (only seen it on the Sky ' papers' review..)

...and got another mention in the corrections and clarifications section the following day Smile
ski holidays
Looks like he will have to try and deliver another second run charge this afternoon after coming 23rd on the first run in Zagreb!
ski holidays
He didn’t do well in the bob draw as he was off 15th.
snow conditions
Thanks in part to 9 DNFs, he finished an excellent 11th, and moves up to 5th in the slalom WC standings.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy