Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dave Ryding off to a great start!!

Poster: A snowHead
4th after first run of the Slalom....2nd run now live on Eurosport.

http://youtube.com/v/AC0aq3FuLug&feature=youtu.be
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ooops didn't see this before I posted
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
only .46 behind Hirscher. Amazing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
only .46 behind Hirscher. Amazing

Fantastic first run...let's hope he doesn't overcook the second. Fingers crossed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sixth and career best...not too shabby.

Let's hope there's more to come.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not as good on his 2nd run, but 6th place in his first WC race this season is brilliant. Happy for him Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Superb result, hopefully a sign of things to come. Hirscher just incredible though, in a completely different league to the rest of the field.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great result for Dave today. Awsome 1st run. He also won CHF3,500, his first ever prize money, despite being 21st in the World rankings.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great result.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good stuff Dave
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic, up there with Hirscher, Matt, Neureuther and Moelgg......

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 14-11-16 11:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great stuff, he's Ryding high there! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great result but he should have been 5th

That was Felix Neureuther straddling a gate on run 1. No way he doesn't know he's done that.

Go to 1:10 for slo-mo.

http://youtube.com/v/iaoMzQMcIvo
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
whoa, that is nuts. Suprised this can't be acted on retrospectively. Well don to Dave Ryding. That result made my Sunday
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You could even see it clearly at full speed.
snow report
Judges too far away in the bad viz?
snow report
have another look its not a straddle and the judges got it right Very Happy
snow report
iskar wrote:
have another look its not a straddle and the judges got it right Very Happy

watched it several times !! -- still looks like a straddle to me...
ski holidays
and the gates are definitely white and gold, not blue and black
snow report
On that screenshot above you can clearly see the base of the pole (green bit) in front of the ski, don't think it's a straddle at all.
snow conditions
You can clearly see the blue pole in front of his left leg and behind his right foot, if you don't think that's a straddle can I interest you on a South American Gold mine one careful owner. Plus it whacked him in the groin, that's why he looked miserable at the bottom he knew he failed
latest report
D G Orf wrote:
You can clearly see the blue pole in front of his left leg and behind his right foot, if you don't think that's a straddle can I interest you on a South American Gold mine one careful owner. Plus it whacked him in the groin, that's why he looked miserable at the bottom he knew he failed

Look at the base of the pole in the picture, it's clearly in front of his ski. He looked miserable because he made at least 3 mistakes, but a straddle wasn't one of them...now about that gold mine...
snow report
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
On that screenshot above you can clearly see the base of the pole (green bit) in front of the ski, don't think it's a straddle at all.

Agreed, looking at the next red pole gives a better perspective of the base of the blue pole.

Watching the slo-mo again at 1:10 above shows he lost his outside ski just as the inside was about to clip the gate, giving the impression of a straddle, as I also thought it was initially.
ski holidays
Rocket rocket rocket rocket!!!!

And that was never a straddle by Felix.
snow report
Sorry I disagree, you can clearly see here that the pole is between is legs at 1:11 the green base of the pole is hidden by his right foot meaning that his right foot is to the right of the pole whist the pole is in front of his left leg, if you watch the pole then gets knocked down by his groin watch the ski tips the right tip obscures the pole base [/img]
ski holidays
Definitely not a straddle
latest report
Straddle
[/url]
snow conditions
@D G Orf, you seem to have posted a photo of him not straddling a gate in order to prove that he straddled a gate....it's a bold tactic NehNeh

Green base is by is ankle in the second pic and you can clearly see the pole in front of his shin.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If he'd gone over the top of it then the pole wouldn't be on the ground to the right of his boot

snow report
The more I look at this clip the more I am convinced he messed up here, the pole should be on his right yet hes hitting it with his left arm, I'm willing to bow to the majority on this simply because the weather was so bad that the camera cannot resolve to enough detail for me to be absolutely certain but at 28secs his left foot is clearly going off in a different direction to his right foot, I'm just wondering if he actually ran over the pole with his right ski, it certainly seems to flatten the pole to the ground for a little longer than the other poles he hits
ski holidays
@SnoodyMcFlude, the pole on the ground is not the pole in question you are looking for a blue pole not red ones
latest report
@D G Orf, the pole on the ground is blue(right next to his foot) the red bit is the timing line for the split.
snow report
I've looked at the clip repeatedly and sometimes I think straddle and other not. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Having done gate judging in the past I know how hard it can be.
snow report
FIS have published a clearer high resolution pic and it seems he did make it, so I'll stick my hand up as being in error, very close but this is why they capture images at high speed and resolution

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15068972_10157670445010702_2547268082652490108_o.jpg
latest report
Fantastic result for the Rocket!! Hopefully podium place soon....
ski holidays
snow report
Pleased it wasn't a straddle, I like Felix, decent guy - I reckon he'd have pulled out as soon as he'd have straddled.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, +1.

Oh, and great result from Dave Ryding Cool .
snow report
Where does he get his funding....as he supposedly gets nothing from uk sport etc. Etc.
latest report
@yorkshirelad, He gets his funding from private sponsors, his coach & some of his programme is funded by BSS from money given by Delancey and other sponsors.
The UK Sport (lottery) money is only given to sports where they have medalled at Olympics. Alain Baxters Bronze at Salt Lake got Alpine skiing UK Sport funding (even after it was wrongly taken away.) This stopped after the 4 year cycle when Alpine got no medals.
Dave Ryding is performing miracles on the Slalom World Cup, competing against the Alpine nation Jugganaut treams with multi million euro budgets. All the Alpine nations take Alpine skiing much more seriously than the other snow sports.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy