Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

100mm allrounder

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
After couple years of being obsessed with fat skis I decided to go for something narrower.Loved my Salomon 108 but looking for something more reliable on icy conditions.Did some research and have my top three:Blizzard Bonafide,Black Crows Camox and Salomon QST99.They will go with Dukes or Guardians bindings.They will also be used for cruising with my wife on blue slopes.I know Bonafides are bad ass but how they perform in deep stuff?QST seems to be good choice but I know Salomon has tendency to make bit softer ski than other companies.That leaves Camox which I admit are my favourites of all three.But are they worth they price?Anyone has any experience with them?Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The best ski I have used in the 100mm range is the Dynastar Cham 97 2.0. They rip in all conditions, are great in Chrud, fresh and ice, they are also very light, so you won't need to be a champion weight lifter to carry them about once you added some guardians on top, for what it's worth, IMHO they blow the above selection away.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think there will be a lot in it between the skis you list and the Chams. More a question of your personal style.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
weight with a heavy binding like a guardian supports the chase for Chams
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was thinking about Chams too.I prefer playfull style rather than charging down.Slash turns jumping off everything i can but I would like to evolve a bit towards more serious stuff.
I know both Dukes and Guardians are heavy but I am affraid F12 will not be strong enough(i am 185lbs).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied the Black Crows Camox for a day last season. Very nimble and great through crud. The double rocker does give it a bit of a short running edge for really icy conditions though. Certainly a versatile ski.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@yuppie thanks for review.I am 5 8 so was thinking about 180 length.They would need to be stiff enough to carve morning groomers.Had K2 Fujas few years back and they did it pretty well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've have k2 hardsides (98mm) with f12s for a couple of seasons.
I'm bigger than you and they have been fine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stockli 95 SR is an incredible ski. If you are going narrower, then I'd go to this width as its still got the tip / tail profile to give decent lift in pow. Especially if you are keeping the wider ski.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jbob, I 'll chech hardsides.@Alex A, Unforunately it will be my only pair of skis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pytek23, F12 will be no problem at your weight & considerably lighter on the up.

Check out the Whitedot R.98 trad - bit of camber, rockered tip & flat('ish) tail pus they're very torsionally stiff for a non metal ski with a big weight advantage over the Bonafide but still very damp.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon wrote:

Check out the Whitedot R.98 trad - bit of camber, rockered tip & flat('ish) tail pus they're very torsionally stiff for a non metal ski with a big weight advantage over the Bonafide but still very damp.

Good advice.

wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pytek23, if you ask @spyderjon, very nicely I think he can probably supply both the Blizard and Whitedot ski`s
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I took a pair of the Cham 97 2.0 out at the ski test, it was a great ski, and one that I would consider if I was going for a ski in that sort of range.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pytek23, they haven't made the hardsides for a couple of years. They are a great ski though.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
@pytek23, F12 will be no problem at your weight & considerably lighter on the up.

R.98 look really good but i want to keep radius <20.I think I will consider Cham and cross Camox off my list.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy