Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips for those without Xenophobia...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
'lgregh, I think I should start a fav beer thread in Apres, as this thread seems to be hijacked!!! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Re chairlifts - kids unaccompanied or in ski school in N America are often very competent from an early age - and tend to sit much further back on the seat relatively than adults so are in little danger even with no safety bar other than perhaps needing a boost when loading.

I remember being talked into submission by a very self confident 6 year old in Whistler who pointed out the merits and drawbacks of almost every run on the mountain (& I have no doubt she could ski them all)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, Here it's not a question of the competence of the kids - it's a general safety thing. Small children must be accompanied by an adult to ensure they're safe. Makes sense to me, but annoys competent kiddies! Shock
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got one to add:

People will talk to you on the chairs. This is not a sign that they're mad, it just passes the time. Chat to them and wish them a good run as go get off.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickW wrote:
I've got one to add:

People will talk to you on the chairs. This is not a sign that they're mad, it just passes the time. Chat to them and wish them a good run as go get off.

Am I strange? I normally talk to the people on the lift with me in Europe, as long as:
1. it's not an eight-man, which is a bit like riding the Tube
2. they are not English, who are generally pretty upset to be talked to
Others quite like to be spoken to in a miserable version of their own language, some being able to chat back in dauntingly fluent English.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nlinesw4, Agree 100% - it's generally the Brits that are frightened of being spoken to by strangers! I don't find any people unfirendly ont he lifts in France, anyway. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Being silent is not the same as being unfriendly.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chimay blue - it's 9% but just doesn't taste strong. It is a sipping ale though - not a chuck 'em down drink. I do find that weaker beers have no taste of alcohol which gives that sharp dry aftertaste which I so enjoy.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski wrote:
fatbob, Here it's not a question of the competence of the kids - it's a general safety thing. Small children must be accompanied by an adult to ensure they're safe. Makes sense to me, but annoys competent kiddies! Shock

I think I got misinterpreted - little kids don't ride chairlifts alone but often with a non family or instructor adult from the queue - I was referring to the lack of safety bar "danger "point
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
on the safety of small children I remember taking my better half skiing in Morzine nearly 10 years ago. Al first week skking asked to take charge of small child on 2 man lift. I'm ahead of her turn around at top of lift to wait. as she is getting off small kid wipes her out and she is hit by the next life chair -ouch!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dan100, it's moments like that that make the expense and hassle of a skiing holiday worthwhile.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dan100, Perhaps if you hadn't laughed so loudly she wouldn't have got so cross. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, Sorry then! I still don't like the idea though .... wobble wobble wobble - I really couldn't deal with chairlifts without safety bars. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy