Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Favorite Ski Runs/ Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

foxtrotzulu wrote:

Jerusalem in St Martin de Belleville

Combe Saulire in 3V if you catch on a nice quiet day.

agreed on both

They are both super runs but if we can have the caveat "on a quiet day" then I'd put Combe de Vallon and Combe de Caron above them both. No?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it the variety of the runs and the setting (wilder) that makes me say that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sn00boarder wrote:
Number 11 - Westendorf - one of my favs.

My favourite piste too - especially before they built the gondola back from it!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can never remember the names of pistes that I do!
Love the discipline required for the Grand Couloir and other technical runs but it's fab to find a wide, smooth, deserted run where you can carve the full width of the piste at whatever speed you naturally attain, edging the skis further and further till you feel like your legs will collapse. Best not to do this with faulty hire skis as I did on the BB this year as skiless boots don't have much of an edge Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimastaaah,
Quote:

33 to Zug from top of Madloch, (nice snow, north facing, some OP) Lech/Zurs.

Can get a bit tracked out, some really great variants off the side of this. Great run in fresh powder.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
@skimastaaah,
Quote:

33 to Zug from top of Madloch, (nice snow, north facing, some OP) Lech/Zurs.

Can get a bit tracked out, some really great variants off the side of this. Great run in fresh powder.

danger of little kids showing you up in the bumps on the variants...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, since several runs on my side of pond are mentioned, I guess I will chime in.
Rebellion wrote:
there is something about the snow quality in Colorado

Yes, we are very fortunate. (Arapahoe Basin is still open top to bottom with a 65 inches at midway.)

Glad to see several of my favorites from my one week in the Alps are mentioned:
Ouster wrote:
Tignes: Glacier -> Face -> Double M, all the way from the top of the Grande Motte down to Val Claret

Rebellion wrote:
the Tranquille area (Grand Prix) at the top of Espace Killy/ Val

I also liked Arcelle (red) off Manchet Express at Val. I really liked the Glacier de Pissaillas. A surprising long run with varied terrain and the views are absolutely spectacular.

Favorite cruisers in Colorado:
Dallas Freeway/Wineskin at Snowmass. Huge, wide open, long (2000 vertical feet) blue runs under the Big Burn chair. It must have been a big burn - there are almost no trees.
See Forever at Telluride. One of the most scenic blue runs in North America.
Andy's Encore at Copper Mountain. 2300 vertical feet, several steep pitches. Would be a red run in Europe.

From when I skied the hard stuff:
Spiral Stairs at Telluride.
Phoenix Bowl at Crested Butte.
Tower Three Chute at Jackson Hole.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy