Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Favorite Ski Runs/ Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Hey All, bit bored at work, looking at snowheads videos, so was just wondering what are your favourite runs/ resorts that you have skied on? don't need to be blacks/ balls out runs.

For me either Stage Coach at Winter Park in Colorado.....really nice on the edge icy run with a few bumps to get your blood pumping or weirdly the Tranquille area (Grand Prix) at the top of Espace Killy/ Val...ok its only a green run and not the most challenging, but some cracking rollers to fly over and just long enough at a couple of km to get the muscles in your legs burning....really satisfying run to get down.

Hoping to add a fair few more to my list next feb!!!!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 12-05-16 13:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes: Glacier -> Face -> Double M, all the way from the top of the Grande Motte down to Val Claret. Preferably with blue skies, fresh snow and no punters Very Happy

Admittedly I have a whole 10 days of ski experience but bombing down that back in April was such a rush.

P.S Hi everyone, first post snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agreed face-double m is a brilliant run too, although when we went a couple of years ago the ski conditions were rubbish...lovely powder in the first 2 days turned into sheet ice for the rest of the week....can get some lovely air going over the last couple of rollers heading towards the bottom Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always loved the Fontaine Froide red run in Val D'Isere - lovely start to the day. For the area it's a bit shorter with plenty of changes in angle and camber, ends at a button lift to the also enjoyable Grand Pre area or take the chilly Fontaine Froide chair lift back up and you can go right towards La Face or left to Orange and Diebold, Verte down past the excellent Trifollet restaurant.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @Ouster! Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

In Tignes, I'd say La Sache is my favourite piste.

I've always loved the variety of starting at the top of the Saulire above Courchevel and going all the way down to Le Praz. Whether starting down the Combe de Saulire, The M or the gnarly option: the Grand Couloir, it begins barren and rocky, then there's the gentle undulation of the Biolay area, the urbanisation as you pass through 1850, under the bridge, left over the Jardin d'enfants and it's quiet again as you head down the tree lined runs to 1300.

The Lauberhorn, world cup in Wengen has to be one of the most epic pistes in the world: long, characterful and steeped in history.

If you're thinking of February next year and looking towards the Dolomites, @Rebellion, the Sasslong in Selva is a beautiful piste - I'd say that's my favourite Italian piste. Although there are so many 'must dos' in the area, we could be here all day!

Then there are the off-piste runs... Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cristaux just turning left from Val Thorens col de l'audzin. Unforgetable having sledged down most of it on my stomach.

For the most enjoyable run I like the top red run from Orelle, whose name I forget, that then goes into peyron. Rolling, long, steep at times, fast at times, corners. Usually in a sunny micro climate.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
Hi @Ouster! Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If you're thinking of February next year and looking towards the Dolomites, @Rebellion, the Sasslong in Selva is a beautiful piste - I'd say that's my favourite Italian piste. Although there are so many 'must dos' in the area, we could be here all day!

Then there are the off-piste runs... Wink

Ohhh il be in the Dolomites.....doing my first Bash Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If we told you we'd have to kill you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
If we told you we'd have to kill you.

😂Play nice! 😜
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The run under the Cime de Caron cable car in VT.

I have many happy memories of hooning down it GS style right on my personal limit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@TQA, there are soooo many lovely ways to get down that mountain!

First time I visited Val Tho, I skied over with @Whitenoise from Courchevel. He said, "My favourite mountain is in Val Thorens, the Cime de Caron."
and I thought, "Well as long as there's a way up and a way down, what's the difference?"
I get it now snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blue 10 from Rauchkopf down to Zauchensee is a bit special...

Then it would be the Luc Alphand (formerly Olympique) down to Chantemerle, Serre Che. Roller-coaster of a run Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TQA wrote:
The run under the Cime de Caron cable car in VT.

I have many happy memories of hooning down it GS style right on my personal limit.

Yep, enjoyed that run.

La masse the black or the red.

Actually remembering loads but without a piste map can't help.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rebellion wrote:
... For me either Stage Coach at Winter Park in Colorado.....really nice on the edge icy run with a few bumps to get your blood ...

I think it's circumstance dependent: who you were with, what the snow was like. How long have you got?
  • Winter Park? laps of Derailleur after a few days of fresh dumps, cut up moguls, an absolute near-straight line run down friendly soft bumps in the best snow I've ridden at a resort.
  • Zermat? Trifji after a dump so you didn't even know you were riding bumps. I left a pole there if anyone finds it.
  • Val d'Isere: Solaise with big friendly soft bumps after a dump. Or the Fornet trees when I'm there and no one else is/ has been.
  • Tignes: Sache top to bottom without stopping (with big friendly soft bumps).
  • 3V: yeah La Masse with big friendly bumps...
  • Monashees, a huge boulder field with powder moguls the size of VW beatles after a huge forest with trees bigger than any I've seen
  • Top to bottom in Whistler after the runs are closed in the tracks of the national champion
  • The run when I suddenly changed from being a holiday maker to being someone who could ski (it's a secret in the 3v).

There's a pattern there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Il go with the snow comment at winter park, there is something about the snow quality in Colorado
snow report
@coops1967 I think you will find that the drag lift at the bottom of the Fontaine Froid (Club des Sports) was stripped out two or three years ago.

For me Point de Vue in Argentier - spectacular views on all sides.
snow report
Jerusalem in St Martin de Belleville
Combe Saulire in 3V if you catch on a nice quiet day.
snow report
My favorite runs are:

France:
- Val Thorens: Col (red) + Moraine (blue) = carving paradise
- Les Menuires: Jerusalem (red)
- Meribel: Campagnol (red) - Mount Valon
- Courchevel: Creux (blue)

Italy:
- Lagazuoi run to Armentarola (red)
- Run from Seceda to Ortisei (red)
- Run from top La Croce/La Crusc (blue + red)
- Red piste from Monte Lussari (Višarje) (red)

Austria:
- A1 in Katschberg (blue)
- From top of the Moelltall Glacier to the top of the train station (blue)
snow conditions
Genepy (green) and descente (black) in Espace Killy, Sources (red) in La Plagne and rochette (black) in La Plagne.
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Jerusalem in St Martin de Belleville
Combe Saulire in 3V if you catch on a nice quiet day.

agreed on both
snow report
(all in 3vs)

I'm with admin on saulire down to le praz, definitely a good run, I'm going to try down to st bon when the piste is open for another 200m of vertical Wink

Top of meribel at the 3v's link- Grand Lac, and onto pelozet towards st martin2 is a good run too. Going to try extend that down to st martin 1 next season.

Creux
snow report
Had a late trip to Ischgl, April 25th, amazing conditions, red 80 down to Samnaun was pretty special
snow report
Little Martin wrote:
(all in 3vs)

I'm with admin on saulire down to le praz, definitely a good run, I'm going to try down to st bon when the piste is open for another 200m of vertical Wink

Top of meribel at the 3v's link- Grand Lac, and onto pelozet towards st martin2 is a good run too. Going to try extend that down to st martin 1 next season.

Creux

The run down to St Martin is incredible, then again anywhere on the 3 valleys if you get a quiet period is incredible for a holiday with folks of different skills. Probably my favorite one day run is Engelberg in Switzerland, maybe a bit biased as i live down the road but i never get bored of it!!
snow conditions
La Face in Val d'Isere
Grattalu in Tignes
Sache in Tignes
Jerusalem in Les Menuires
Blue 68 to Viehhofen in Saalbach
snow conditions
Mont Fort to Siviez. Not strictly one run but it has got everything.
snow report
@Nickski, +1

I enjoy Ventina (Red 7) in Cervinia, not tricky but its seems to go on forever Very Happy
latest report
Little Martin wrote:
I'm with admin on saulire down to le praz,
Well do keep up then - crepes at the bottom! Wink

There's an important one I forgot in my list above: The Tête Ronde in Val Thorens!
It's rare that I'll spend in day in VT and not do this run at least once: usually, whoever I'm with cries "again again!" and we do it again snowHead
'Tis but a blue but it gives U a lovely undulating warm up then it starts getting bendy with each corner tighter than the last until the final hairpin, holding on to your edge, trying not to slow down (or go over the edge of the piste). A blurun epic!
latest report
OK in Val d'Isere down to La Daille early in the day when it is empty (and not scratched off) where we pretend we are racers and Sunshine Coast on Goat's Eye at Sunshine Village where I can say I finally understood what skiing was about. Not that I could do it, just that I understood what it was about. I want my ashes scattered there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The long red down Marmolada.
ski holidays
admin wrote:
Little Martin wrote:
I'm with admin on saulire down to le praz,
Well do keep up then - crepes at the bottom! Wink

There's an important one I forgot in my list above: The Tête Ronde in Val Thorens!

One of my favorites in VT is the Blanchot blue run from Boismint lift. Curvy and usually empty as everyone forgets about Boismint.
snow report
Number 11 - Westendorf - one of my favs.
latest report
Spring run onto car park blue at Glencoe. >700m vertical, about 3kms. No visible lifts for virtually the whole run. Starts at a decent pitch, eases off to a gentle schuss then a wide long run to the trees. Then the best part of an hour to get 4 lifts back to the top. Grand views the whole time (in my head anyway)
snow conditions
I'll put a shout in for Point du Vue, from the top of the Grands Montets telepherique. Challenging, magnificent vistas, edgy.
latest report
Fieberbrunn itinerary f35. A whole mountain unpisted. Absolutely wonderful.

snow conditions
Burz black with nothing but a head torch - anything else is just tame. Happy

Sache in Tignes defo too.
snow report
The run from the top of the Aiguille Rouge in Les Arcs down to Villaroger is pretty amazing, very tiring though with the altitude at the start and the length of the run. The nice restaurant at the bottom is a welcome sight.

The Grand Couloir in Courchevel is special too if you can get it in good conditions.
snow report
Any of the front four at Stowe in the right conditions. Really challenging stuff.
Dropping into McConkey's in the Harmony bowl at Whistler where it's steep and steep then skiing all the way through the trees back t the town is pretty epic.
Top to Bottom at Alleghe. It was awesome this year on artificial snow. On powder it's heavenly.
The Luc Alphond at Serre Che first thing. Otherwise it's too busy as it's the main home run.
The home black at Alba - beautiful and empty.
snow conditions
The Kandahar WC downhill run in Les Houches is a pleasant piste run.

I'd second the Spring run at Glencoe. Never had the conditions to ski to the car park, but it's always a highlight of our Scottish expeditions.
latest report
SkiTsar wrote:
The run from the top of the Aiguille Rouge in Les Arcs down to Villaroger.......The nice restaurant at the bottom..

+1
No 2, La Thuile, fast and friendly valley descent.
Suisse, in Courchevel, quiet, shortish black.
Trolles (Mur de Trolles) into Tignes from VdI.
Meadowlark, (following womens GS route) Lake Louise.
Kringelasen (following Olympic GS route - 21 into 23 into 8 ) Hafjell-Lillehammer
75a from Sweitausender, Kitzbuhel.
Into Alagna from Passo Salati, Monterosa.
33 to Zug from top of Madloch, (nice snow, north facing, some OP) Lech/Zurs.
snow report
tccambs wrote:
Fieberbrunn itinerary f35. A whole mountain unpisted. Absolutely wonderful.

ohhhh im not a massive off piste person but I could ride that all day Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy