Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement bindings for Preachers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I have a set of whitedot preacher carbon lite that have been quiver killered for Vist bindings with a sole length of 326mm. My new boots are 316mm and the bindings are a wee bit short to adjust to the new boot length. The chap at EB said he wouldn't adjust them because he wasn't sure it was a right fit. Which is good advice. However, he also said that the quiver killers are in the wrong place for other bindings on his Jig. They are obviously perfect for the original bindings. It is just the holes are in the wrong geometry for new ones.

So I'm stuck with finding new bindings or even a rear. Or, re-riling next to the previous QK's ( probably not ideal) or selling on and getting a new set of fat-skis.

Firstly, any new binding recommendations to explore. The vurrent rear is 614 Vist.

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i'm surprised the bindings don't have 10mm of travel though of course you might have to adjust them yourself. Spyderjon will probably be along in due course to give you the definitive view or just give him a ring.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @Dave of the Marmottes, I will call Jon on my return to UK. Just in Shanghai on hotel Internet and on SH. I'm sure Jon will sort me out, he always gives exemplary service.

They are still perfect for my old boots ( in a bin in Italy), just my new boots are super tight. Which are perfect for my ski style now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
i'm surprised the bindings don't have 10mm of travel though of course you might have to adjust them yourself. Spyderjon will probably be along in due course to give you the definitive view or just give him a ring.

PS: I did adjust them but I was a bit concerned myself so I asked my local EB for advice. The boots are held in tight but there is a 2 MM gap to the back of the boot.

Cheers
GC
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GlasgowCyclops, did they check forward pressure? If forward pressure is correct, don't see an issue with adjusting or gap to back of boot (but not sure if you mean before/after clipping in)

If they are anything like my Vist bindings surely you can just move the front or back 10mm forward or backwards with new QK to fit new boots? It isn't a huge distance to be marginally in front of or behind the standard line.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GlasgowCyclops, pic below of a V614 with the forward pressure adjusted so that when the boot is installed the head of the FP screw is flush with the vertical face on the housing. If it'll adjust to this then you're good to go & you're boot centre will only be 5mm forward which I'm sure you'll not even notice.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi all

I'm in China just now but will post pics on return to Scotland.

I guess the forward pressure screw is the big one? To get the boot adjusted there are no visible silver sliding-rods.

Regards
Bob
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The forward pressure/length adjusting screw is the 9/10mm dia silver cross head screw directly above the base of the binding - NOT the 25mm slotted screw which is the vertical din adjustment for the heel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@GlasgowCyclops, Jon will sort this for you, either he will talk you through adjusting forward as much as poss to achieve a satisfactory forward pressure, or failing that he could re-drill the rear binding 10mm forward and whether or not you QK the new holes the mount/ski will be well strong enough. The Preacher will stand being mounted 5mm in front of FR, you may notice a difference but will soon adjust.

Just don't over do the adjustment as you try to move the rear forward, when it gets to the end of it's adjustment range - stop turning the screw - a bit more force will not make it go further forward, it will strip the slots in the plate (I should know Embarassed )!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
midgetbiker wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, Jon will sort this for you, either he will talk you through adjusting forward as much as poss to achieve a satisfactory forward pressure, or failing that he could re-drill the rear binding 10mm forward and whether or not you QK the new holes the mount/ski will be well strong enough. The Preacher will stand being mounted 5mm in front of FR, you may notice a difference but will soon adjust.

Just don't over do the adjustment as you try to move the rear forward, when it gets to the end of it's adjustment range - stop turning the screw - a bit more force will not make it go further forward, it will strip the slots in the plate (I should know Embarassed )!!

Yep Jon is a top bloke and has already offered me advice.

I'm not familiar with red riling but it is reassuring that it can be red rolled so close. I'll send it to an expert. Jon or Alain Baxter. To be honest. I never remove the bindings for travel so QK or not is not a problem. Happy.

As for not noticing the difference....... I'm rubbishy off piste so I wouldn't know the difference. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See half way down is page
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=119858&start=360
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy