Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bum Bags

Poster: A snowHead
Ok you lovely lot I need a bum bag!

The last few years i have been riding the mountain with a backpack. Whilst this is handy and you can get extra layers in and food/water etc, by the end of the day my neck/shoulders are solid. My solution to this is a bum bag. Big enough to carry a small water bottle, an energy bar and a sandwich.

Can anyone suggest one that works well?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get a bottle Holder and stick chocolate in your pocket.

http://www.physioroom.com/product/Ultimate_Performance_Ribble_Hip_Bottle_Holster/2249/39098.html?gclid=CO691srJ28oCFcluGwoddZ4Mjg
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chrisrawles, sorry. I have to cart around all my daughters' crap so backpack needed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
just ordered this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013JKW5SC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00&tag=amz07b-21

should arrive tomorrow - I'll let you know what it's like
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just say no on fashion grounds. Helipack is small and light, camelbak, a park rat style jacket with poacher pockets or even a drawstring gym bag is better than the bum bag gaper look.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

even a drawstring gym bag is better than the bum bag gaper look.

Really? Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Liam wrote:
Quote:

Really? Shocked

Well obviously it's more ski appropriate if it's decorated with a clown spewing vomit or choppers and AK47s rather than a big Nike logo. Of course if you've already got the full Norrona eye bleach onesie or some bitchin sequinned Bogner then a bumbag may be highly appropriate. It's all about the Rules innit?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chrisrawles, I have had one of these http://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/106852-mesa-hip-pack.html for many years, used it for mountain biking, fell running etc. I hold no truck for the fashion police.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobinS, That looks exactly what I am after. Thanks. Yeah with you on the fashion police. LOL
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You do realise that by rejecting the fashion police you're deliberately cultivating your own hipster "I don't give a toss about fashion" image wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
get one or two of these ( they do front and rear versions ) plus a large saddle bag and keep your back bag free.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Deuter-Triangle-Frame-Bag_55752.htm?sku=155570&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CLTA4vbr28oCFQaNGwod9ZcPJA#

Plus a couple of bottle cages should do for most rides.

If they will not do and you just have to have a fanny pack try this one.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Salomon-XR-Energy-Belt/SubProducts/Salomon-XR-Energy-Belt-0003&Currency=GBP&Locale=en_GB&utm_source=Portalexport&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_term=Salomon%20XR%20Energy%20Belt&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping_GB&gclid=CNC2pobt28oCFSMcwwodqmoH_Q
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
You do realise that by rejecting the fashion police you're deliberately cultivating your own hipster "I don't give a toss about fashion" image wink

its already happened, there are more and more snowboard edits coming from Colorado with the bib wearing types already rocking the bum bag!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Liam wrote:
Quote:

Really? Shocked

Well obviously it's more ski appropriate if it's decorated with a clown spewing vomit or choppers and AK47s rather than a big Nike logo. Of course if you've already got the full Norrona eye bleach onesie or some bitchin sequinned Bogner then a bumbag may be highly appropriate. It's all about the Rules innit?

I laughed Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
speed098 wrote:
get one or two of these ( they do front and rear versions ) plus a large saddle bag and keep your back bag free.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Deuter-Triangle-Frame-Bag_55752.htm?sku=155570&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CLTA4vbr28oCFQaNGwod9ZcPJA#

Plus a couple of bottle cages should do for most rides.

If they will not do and you just have to have a fanny pack try this one.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Salomon-XR-Energy-Belt/SubProducts/Salomon-XR-Energy-Belt-0003&Currency=GBP&Locale=en_GB&utm_source=Portalexport&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_term=Salomon%20XR%20Energy%20Belt&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping_GB&gclid=CNC2pobt28oCFSMcwwodqmoH_Q

Ummmmm. I think there is a problem here. If the OP gets the triangle frame bag and saddle bag, he'll need to find a way to get the bicycle on his snowboard/skis as well. I'm pretty sure he used the phrase 'riding the mountain' in that ghastly American snowboardy way and doesn't mean cycling.
snow conditions
Instead of a water bottle, I take a legacy 35mm camera film pot full of 2€ coins. Then get a drink from a mountain hut if thirsty. Everything else fits in pockets.

My Salomon fanny pack (just to continue the ghastly american terminology Wink ) that I bought specially for skiing, now does nothing more than act as a convenient bag to store all my camera, phone, netbook, etc. chargers in one place. It never sees a mountain or snow, and only ever gets moved from bag to bag depending on which bag I use whenever staying in a hotel.
ski holidays
I have a friend who skis using a bum bag all the time. I have no idea what he keeps in it.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 4-02-16 11:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@andy,
Quote:

Instead of a water bottle, I take a legacy 35mm camera film pot full of 2€ coins. Then get a drink from a mountain hut if thirsty. Everything else fits in pockets.
They should invent paper money or some sort of plastic card system!
snow report
I use a small hydration backpack (like camelpac) but it was £9 from Argos, I don't use the water bit but it is big enough for water bottle, sweets,hip flask, hat, base layer etc and its small enough you can leave it on on chairs.
snow report
yeah, but that weird paper money stuff doesn't work on the turnstiles to access the bogs in the restaurant at the top of Tignes funicular etc. And the change from a tenner for beer will be a handful of coins anyway. Or a single 10¢ coin in Courchevel (or however you spell that).
snow conditions
Lift pass, credit card, id, and 200chf note will fit in a credit card holder.
Lippy and sunscreen combo will fit in any small pocket.
Goggles normally attach to helmet.
Phone in any zip pocket ( youngest son found this out the hard way Gd Terche yesterday ).
If you need to take a drink, try these http://www.coldpole.com/home.htm
No need for rucksacks or fanny-packs.
ski holidays
Instead of a water bottle, I take a legacy 35mm camera film pot full of 2€ coins. ..
I have about 40 old pots, each labelled with a country name and containing their shrapnel.
The arrival of the Euro helped a lot, as I'm not sure where I could pick up more of the pots now (I know: I can google them down, thank you).
---
My Salomon fanny pack (just to continue the ghastly american terminology Wink )
Do you really think a "bum bag" is what a tramp carries their stuff in?
---
Quote:
Can anyone suggest one that works well?

No. They used to work quite well in the 1970/80s. These days the average Brit could not possibly carry enough pies in a bum bag to maintain their BMI. Someone will probably point out that carrying stuff there is a safety hazard.
latest report
My friend wears his around his front so I suppose the term "bum bag" is inappropriate, but then again he is male so the other phrase is also inappropriate, being only applicable to females (I looked it up in a dictionary Embarassed). I suppose we should adopt the term "waist pouch"
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy