Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should you book a ski trip after a bottle of wine?

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked a trip to Tignes with my friend and her son at Easter: both of us sat at home merrily making our way through a bottle of wine each in our respective homes, quick what's app conversation and the next thing I know we have booked a holiday. Yay!

Staying in Le lac - she and the 11 year old are learners so will need ski school I guess.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fs, It's the right thing to do. Just enjoy the feeling. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Before, during and after snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know how that goes... I'm now the proud owner of a brand new Ortovox Freerider ABS...

Same thing happened just before Xmas regarding some fat skis...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I booked a sailing holiday in Arctic Norway after only two glasses. Lord knows what I'd sign up for after a whole bottle!

Have a great holiday. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year, whilst under the influence of an extended period on strong painkillers, I was bewitched by the end of season sales. I bought a complete new ski outfit plus gloves, goggles, a back protector, various mid layers and three (!) pairs of skis (Does anyone want to buy an unused pair of Whitedot Directors???). Randomly, I also bought a hundred pounds worth of carnivorous plants! They're all great purchases (apart from the venus fly traps), but my credit card has still not recovered!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done it soon many times, and eBay............
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
haha, your thread made me laugh. We just booked two. On second bottle now so hope it stops there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We put a deposit down last Saturday night for a 2017 ski trip to......................Klosters!!! Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is probably worse. I've been known to book a ski trip after a really bad day/week at work.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wine has been responsible for several of our ski trips getting booked, along with new skis and other associated stuff Wink

What do snowboarders drink ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One piece of advice: Never act spontaneously on something like this. Take the idea, let it form in your head over a second bottle of wine, and then hit the return key.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I broke my leg and feeling miserable surfed the website of our favoured expedition cruise company - booked a 25 day trip across the South Atlantic from Southern Argentina to South Africa eighteen months later. Had a great trip, cant recommend breaking a leg but can recommend finding some condusive form of consolation if you do!
snow report
@Little Martin, snowboarders all drink red bull, smoke Marlboro Lights while pretending it's a spliff, and propagate ridiculous facial topiary. As a snowboard of almost 20 years, I'm guilty of one of those at least!

I booked last year's family trip after hearing that I'd been turned down for a job I went for, but this year's booking followed close on the end of a bottle of Waitrose Spanish Red... classy. wink
snow report
@fs, Very Happy

Good call Very Happy

I got into snowboarding because on a drunken night out I said I would join a group of mates who where booking a trip.

I had forgotten all about it until a mate said to me a couple of weeks later "You owe me £400" (yes it was a long time ago).

One of the best things I ever did.
latest report
Some of my best holidays (not just skiing) have been booked after consuming quantities of alcohol.
My first snowheads bash being one, I woke up next day thinking f#€k I just paid loads of money to a guy I don't know from a forum I just joined. Been on 7 since.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy