Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buddies needed bargain week Les Deux Alpes 5th March

Poster: A snowHead
@SteveBrown, Hotel De La Valentine is very good. Run by an English woman and her French husband.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Claude.

That is listed on booking.com, but has no vacancies unfortunately. There a few that have and can be booked for 1 night though, so will look at those when we get a reply from Lutin. |

Had this from Hotel Le Chalet:

hello
the apartment is booking 05/03 till 12/03 morning saturday to saturday
i don't have place for the saturday night 12/03.
Perhaps you can find one room on booking or with the tourism office of les Deux Alpes
thank
Regards
Mme Giraud

I've sent them €100 via paypal.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lutins is out also, so will look at our options later:

Hello!
unfortunatly we are fully booked for this date
regards
cat
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a triple room here, but it's a double and a single.

For about the same price there's a quadruple.

£160, and as it's 4 separate beds, it's still possible for someone else to join us in both apartment and hotel. I'm happy with that.

Hotel le Provencal

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/le-provencal-les-deux-alpes.en-gb.html?aid=376362;label=bdot-FFLif46TMRk_WbsUP03qvwS82486928962%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atiaud-146342137750%3Akwd-334108349%3Alp1006482%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm;sid=22f6ea01c34232a9bcfde6d199d630ee;dcid=1;checkin=2016-03-12;checkout=2016-03-13;ucfs=1;group_adults=1;group_children=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;req_adults=3;req_children=0;room1=A;room2=A,A;srfid=3143b2680126f44eba9eba5ce0802b3d7c57e4eeX1;show_room=159026508
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi.

I got nervous - because booking.com said others were looking at that hotel - so booked it.

If you don't fancy it, I can cancel free of charge up to 27th Feb anyway.

It's a Quadruple room, with a bunk bed and two singles. It's just around the corner from the apartment too - and breakfast is included, but maybe have to leave earlier than that anyway.

Quadruple Room with Balcony Change your room

This spacious room features a balcony with a view of the mountains and ski slopes, a private bathroom with a bath and separate toilet, a flat-screen TV, and free WiFi.

Guest name

Steve Brown Edit guest name

for max. 4 people. Edit number of guests
(non-smoking preference)

Meal plan
Breakfast is included in the room rate.

Prepayment
30 percent of the total amount will be charged at least 14 days prior to arrival.

Cancellation cost
until 26 February 2016 23:59 [Les Deux Alpes] : € 0
from 27 February 2016 00:00 [Les Deux Alpes] : € 62.40
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorted my ski hire out, so if you're happy with that hotel - just Transfers and Lift Pass.

Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Steve, looks like you've been busy arranging our holiday Toofy Grin thanks v. much.

That's fine booking the hotel,appreciate that otherwise could have been a right pain in the a** trying to get down the hill to Grenoble etc etc, at least this way we can take full advantage of the Saturday skiing/rugby & beer...

When I looked @ Bens Bus the other day we would leave resort at 06.05 [I think] to catch our plane which is fine.

All we need now is another snowhead to make it 4...great opportunity for someone!

I would think we would book our own transfer with Bens bus as we arrive at different times, lift passes guess wait a while to see if anyone joins us to get the best discount, thoughts?

I had a text from Phil [the 3rd snowhead] who has read the posts, saves me re-writing them & he is happy with all arrangements.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Steve Phil here one of michaelbury 17's buddies - I'm cleared to join you and flight booked phil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool.

All good then.

Yeah, might as well wait a while for lift passes, see if anyone else joins us.

I have a little more time than you Sunday. More than likely have a bad head too. I'll give it a bit of thought whether to catch the same transfer as you back to Grenoble, but obviously I'll be on the earlier one going out.

My ski hire shop is not far away, so I should have plenty of time for a bit of provision and beer shopping before you arrive. I'll try and keep of it if we're to meet PollyPerks and Claude for introductions and a few beers.

Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Phil.

Look forward to meeting up in a few weeks.

Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The plan is coming together very nicely, welcome to SNH's Phil...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great work Steve looking fwd to meeting you. As Michael said cheers for sorting all this
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No probs, it's worked out very well posting on here.

Very pleased how it's turning out.

I've had a Private message, from Pollyperks, and I've sent him my telephone number. If you want to PM me yours, I'll pass them on also.

6 weeks Saturday.

Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Could be interested
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@KernowRed,

Hi.

There is a place.

There are 3 at present, but the apartment sleeps 5 (only 4 beds though), and also hotel for Sunday night has 4 beds.

I'm flying from Birmingham, the Michael and Phil from Manchester.

Steve.
ski holidays
KernowRed wrote:
Could be interested

Go for it, we'll have a blast snowHead
snow conditions
Having read this thread, this sounds too good to be true?

If there is a spare place then I'd be seriously interested Smile
snow conditions
RobPowell wrote:
Having read this thread, this sounds too good to be true?

If there is a spare place then I'd be seriously interested Smile

It's true Rob, one place available, if you want any questions answering - fire away snowHead
snow report
Uhh, I think all I need to ask is can I stay at Steve's house and bum a lift to the airport, who do I pay, and should I rent ski's there or pay to haul my own? Very Happy
snow report
thats easy, send Steve a PM [pretty sure he will put you up] & however he's getting to the airport guess you tag along,.

Payment we can sort in resort, book your own flight [guess you would try & get on same flight as Steve] Phil & I are taking our own skis but Steve has booked rental, again I'm sure he can give you the heads up Toofy Grin
snow conditions
£25 e/way for ski carriage with Monarch, we have booked that + 10kg hand luggage & we're good to go...
ski holidays
@RobPowell,

Hi Rob.

Welcome to join us, and it's all as you read it.

You're welcome to stay at mine. Not sure how I'm getting to airport yet, but I'm sure it won't be a 2 seater.

I've hired Platinum Skis from near our accom. Cost me £80 including insurance. Must be getting old - I've never paid for it before.

If you want to rent, I'll look up where I got them from for you.

Smile
latest report
SteveBrown wrote:
@RobPowell,

Hi Rob.

Welcome to join us, and it's all as you read it.

You're welcome to stay at mine. Not sure how I'm getting to airport yet, but I'm sure it won't be a 2 seater.

I've hired Platinum Skis from near our accom. Cost me £80 including insurance. Must be getting old - I've never paid for it before.

If you want to rent, I'll look up where I got them from for you.

Smile

+2
snow report
It just got real.....

If it's £25 to take mine with monarch then it'll be easier to take my own. Could you PM me the flights you're on? Kinda makes sense if we are on the same flight! Then I can sort my time off work and then it's done and dusted.... whoop! Very Happy
snow report
Ha ha brilliant, I guess from what you've said you will be flying out of Birmingham so need to speak with Steve to get his flight details [you can help Steve stock the fridge with the basics before our arrival], we are flying out Sat 5/03/16 returning Sunday 13/03/16 - we will be able to ski full day Saturday snowHead
ski holidays
Hi Rob.

Here's my flight details with Monarch.

Flying Out - Birmingham to Grenoble
1 Passengers | Saturday 05 Mar 16 | Departing 08:00 | Arrive 10:45 | Flight ZB 5418

Steve Brown Adult No Allocated Seats No Meal No Hold Bags 10kg Total hand baggage

Flying Back - Grenoble to Birmingham
1 Passengers | Sunday 13 Mar 16 | Departing 11:55 | Arrive 12:50 | Flight ZB 5419

Steve Brown Adult No Allocated Seats No Meal No Hold Bags 10kg Total hand baggage

snow conditions
Hi Guys.

Just checked lift passes. It's a bit more than I said - probably I was thinking of 6 days.

For 4 people there is about €15 discount, which brings it down to €253.1 which is about £191.

There's an extension for La Grave, which sounds like it's something special. I'd love to give it a go. I wonder what Pollyperks & Claude B think to it, and what you guys think? It's €22 - not sure if that covers all 7 days or not.

Pass also covers several days in other resorts - one being Sestriere. I'd love a day skiing there; I think there are transfer buses too.

I'll PM Pollyperks, see what his thoughts are.

To book passes, it also asks for age.

http://www.2alpesnet.com/ski-passes/
ski holidays
Sestriere is 60 miles from Les Deux Alpes.

That sounds unrealistic.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flight price has gone up, and £50 and change for skis both ways, but cheaper than renting. Flight is booked, lets hope they approve my holiday request now! hahaha

The most I've skied before is 3 days running, I am sure I'm going to be exhausted by day 5 let alone 7! Happy days, getting excited now...

38 for age. As for the extension and what not, I'm happy to go with the crowd.
snow conditions
Need to get down the gym on the cross trainer then Rob.

I'm cycling or down the gym nearly every day now, in preparation.

I bought some expensive boots years ago, then didn't go for ages and they were outdated. I'd only buy my own, if I was skiing very regularly - or driving.

I've got the top skis, and it would have been £70 if I didn't get insurance. Never worn a helmet before, but went with 14 last year, and I was the only one without.

I've bought one now. I'd need one anyway, cos a mate bought me a Go Pro for some work I did for him(didn't want anything for doing it).

I've looked at La Grave, and it looks a bit extreme. Still fancy it, but don't think it'll happen.

Smile
latest report
Funnily enough I was on the bike yesterday to start, I can't afford the local gym!

I couldn't ski without a helmet, I just don't feel comfortable. I also wear safety pants as I had a near miss with what would've been a bad coccyx injury so feel more confident with some D3O protecting me.

La Grave looks mental. I don't think I could do that. I'm more of a cruiser than one looking for danger! Blue and red is generally more than enough for me! If you guys fancy the blacks and danger, I'll meet you in the bar at lunchtime Laughing
snow report
See how it goes anyway Rob.

None of us know how the others ski, or how fast they like to go. I do like to belt about a bit. I don't mind what colour, but guess I'd favour Red with some Blacks.

There's another group going, which I imagine we'll meet at some time. I met most but don't know most, or how well they ski - but think they're mixed ability.

I'm skiing with 2 of them in Morzine in 4 weeks, but that will only be their second week.

Smile
latest report
It'll be a blast regardless, I'm sure we'll find our groove as a group.

Just need to think about insurance now! This trip couldn't have come at a better time when I needed a boost Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm sure it'll be a blast Rob.

Do a search online.

I got 12 months cover for £23. My mum gives me the money for it, cos I never used to bother - and she went mad when she found out Smile.
snow conditions
Hi Everyone. Steve has PM'd me as stated above but thought might as well reply here.....

La Grave: Its a great day to experience and you do need to be competent with at say level 6 (manage a steep red in control) or above IMO, however there are some caveats to make it a safe and enjoyable day;
Firstly you MUST have a guide as its nothing like skiing the pisted marked slopes of any other resort.
You'll need transport to get back from La Grave. Its possible to ski from L2A to La Grave but not the other way.
Plan it for when the weather is clear and visibility is good.

Other area's: Yes the pass does cover you for numerous other areas (La Grave is a supplement if starting from bottom of La Grave). Never travelled to Sestriere so can't comment on that one. The easiest one to get to is Alp D'Huez and there is a early morning bus and late afternoon return for a few euros. Or you can get a Helicopter ride for about 70 euros rtn. The bus takes about an hour ew and the 'Copter just 6 minutes!

Lift Passes: The age thing is for concessions - I doubt any of you will qualify for those!
Consider the added insurance the pass offers for just a couple of euros a day. Well worth it IMO. Many a friend has made use of that and one saving over 500 euros on an air lift down rolling eyes

Looking forward to meeting you all Very Happy
ski holidays
Thanks Pollyperks.

I'm totally up for trying La Grave, if others are. I shan't sulk if not, but would love to give it a go.

Wink

Sestriere is too far I think, but a day in Alp D'Huez may be fun. Guess we can decide when there.

No we don't qualify for any age concessions, so maybe it matters not what we put.

Can't wait for this one.
snow report
Maybe the age is for random checks to ensure you're not re-selling your lift pass?

La Grave totally interests me, but I am concerned I'll slow the group down, that's my only concern, and I am not there to crap on anyone's fun.

Pollyperks, is that 70 euros each, or per load? It sounds expensive if it's per person, but damn, that'd make for an awesome memory.....
snow report
Hi Guys

I turn my back for a few hours & look what's happened snowHead & then there were 4 skiers - fantastic great to have you on the trip Rob...

Lift passes, I had looked at the price & budgeted accordingly, wouldn't think it's an issue for Phil either. I can transfer money for the lift pass to whoever wants to order all 4, would suggest bank details are sent via a PM [not that I don't trust fellow SNds, you never know who else could be skulking around!].

No concessions for either of us either too old or not old enough...can't win either way!

I would add the insurance the pass offers for just a couple of euros a day as suggested by Pollyperks.

Ditto "Looking forward to meeting you all"

La Grave - I have heard of it, will research what it actually is, I would say Phil would do pretty much anything, he's been ski-ing a long time & is a competent skier - me...will have a think, maybe I'd adjourn to the bar with Rob wink Guess we could always source in resort in any event.

Definitely agree need to 'up the exercise' on the bike for me!

Let the training begin

Toofy Grin
latest report
Sorry FTR ages 52 & 55 years young Confused
snow report
I guess I could order Lift passes if you guys transfer money.

I guess when I order them, they will be a few £s more than currency converter shows, due to bank not giving such a good rate.

We could sort out any difference in resort, when we sort out accommodation - or I could order them first, and keep my fingers crossed you all cough up when I know exact figure Wink

Bit confused on insurance. Is there a need for the lift pass insurance, if you already have holiday insurance that covers medical expenses?

The ominously named La Grave.

Guess we can discuss in resort, after we've had a day on the slopes. I'm totally up for it though. Would be like the icing on an already very nice cake.

Training then.

Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy