Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buddies needed bargain week Les Deux Alpes 5th March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

I'd like a few to share an apartment in Les Deus Alpes on 5th March this year.

I'm going with a group to Morzine on 20/2, but would like a second week. A couple of those going to Morzine, are going with another group to Les Deux Alpes on the above date, and I'd love to go too.

I'd probably not see them in the evening - as they are already with a group, but would likely join them on the slopes.

There are apartments available on booking.com for little over £100 per person(was looking at one that sleeps 5 for £467 - but maybe having 4 in it).

Flights from Birmingham to Grenoble are just under £80 at the moment, and car hire from Grenoble is £160 for a week.

That's less that £240 for accommodation, flights and transfers.

I'm a 'young' Wink 55, and pretty good skier.

Steve.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SteveBrown, Welcome to snowHeads! That's not a bad price!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SteveBrown, I'm travelling solo to own appt in L2A same week. I'll probably meet up with @Claud B, a frequent contributor to site and resident there for the season - happy to meet up and show you around if you would like?
Tip: BensBus at about £45 rtn will be cheaper for the transfers than a hire car.
I'm in same age group as you and contrary to what you might think from username am male!

PM me if you are interested or want any pointers or info on resort.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, @Pollyperks, and me are even older youngsters Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Steve I am considering a trip around that time similar age and skiing ability to you. Have not quite got sorted yet with time off etc but if you keep me posted send a link to the chalet etc that would be great. I presume it would be self catering.
Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@nbt, Thanks nbt.

@Pollyperks, Thanks a lot.

The guys I'll meet up with some days went there last year(first ever ski trip for them, but not sure about the rest of their party of 10).

Would love to meet up with yourself and @Claude B, if I manage to get. Be great to be shown around by someone who really knows the area, so thanks a lot for the offer.

Thanks for the tip on BensBus also. That is better than hiring a car.

My mates are asking around for anyone else who'd like to share an apartment, and there's a few weeks for this to work - so fingers crossed.

Steve
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Couscous10,

Hi. Yes, I'll keep you posted. I've not got a particular apartment in mind - there are quite are few listed on booking.com. I'm not too bothered whether it's an apartment for 2, 3, or 4. Just thought it would make the overall cost more attractive if 4 were sharing; they seem to range between £400 & £500, regardless of size.

Steve.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Couscous10,

Hi.

I've had another look, and there are many apartment/studios(don't know what the difference is), under £400.

There are a fair few hotels that do breakfast, and have a good write up. Like this one, with twin room private bathroom and shower - but still only £461 for 2 people.

I just really want to go, so not too fussed what accommodation is like.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/le-chalet-38860.en-gb.html?aid=376362;label=booking-name-ocusVqu2ZjTBWS%2ADZp3_%2AgS62207028202%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2847%2C000%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atiaud-146342137750%3Akwd-65526620%3Alp1006482%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm;sid=22f6ea01c34232a9bcfde6d199d630ee;dcid=1;checkin=2016-03-05;checkout=2016-03-12;dist=0;group_adults=2;map=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;srfid=8a390f9bed53e16416af319b8151f5d9bee889b9X1;type=total;ucfs=1&#map_closed
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SteveBrown, FYI - an apartment will usually have at least one bedroom so some separation from cooking, eating, living .... A studio is usually just a 1 room space with a sofa bed or perhaps bunks. You might get a bit cabin crazy in a studio with people you've only just met Or you might not Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Montana,

Thanks Montana.

I'd find somewhere with separate bedroom at least, but I don't even mind sofa. I have no probs sleeping anywhere.

Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That appartment looks great. Having now had my last two ski holidays with no snow I am going to leave it to the last minute to book up for March in case theres none again and I can only really manage a long weekend. Hope you get fixed up with some mates but I will keep checking you posts might be able to join you for a few days. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Couscous10,

There's an apartment that sleeps 5, for the same price as one that sleeps two. If I can find one other, I'd be happy to book that.

It would leave room if so.

Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just come across this, I had looked at going 19/03/16 with OH & friends only to be scuppered by our youngest daughter [16.5] doesn't fancy being left home alone!

I am going to see if I can arrange a 'dads' only trip, if not I am definitely up for this trip, same age group & I am desperate to get on the hill...will let you know early next week as one o the guys I'm thinking of is in Cape Verde

This sounds like it could be an awesome [annual] trip wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Please let me know prior to booking anything, deadly serious & time from work not an issue Razz
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@michaelbury17,

Nice one, let me know when you can.

As I said, there's a 5 person apartment for £457(I think).

I'd be happy to book that if 2 were going - but would give flexibility if 1 or 2 more wanted to join in.

Smile
ski holidays
[quote="SteveBrown"]@michaelbury17,

will do Steve I will have a chat with a few guys over the next few days, where there's a will there's a way!
ski holidays
@michaelbury17, Where's the thumbs up sign, when you need it?

Smile
ski holidays
Monarch also do flights to Grenoble - and have a Sunday morning flight. I wouldn't mind booking a hotel in Grenoble Saturday night, to get an extra day skiing.

Did that last year. Booked a hotel in Geneva.

The 8am Monarch flight from Birmingham to Geneva may even allow a couple of hours on the Slopes Saturday, if all went smoothly.

Smile
snow conditions
How many people have committed? I have sent messages out to my ski buddies to see whether they fancied a trip to the snow, will chase up later today.

Thanks for the flight detail, I will look at flights out of Manchester, like the idea of stay in Grenoble Saturday for extra day skiing Smile
latest report
@michaelbury17,

There's only me committed at the minute.

Smile

As Pollyperks said, BensBus is good value transfer. £43 I think it said.

If you couldn't get flights from Manchester. You and any mates could stay overnight at mine on Friday. I'm only about 30 mins from Birmingham Airport in Ashby de la Zouch.
snow conditions
Bit more info. Plenty of reasonably priced hotels in Grenoble, and the last transfer by BensBus on Saturday is 4pm. Spot on really.

Smile
ski holidays
just got back so will have a look at flights, one guy is interested, whether he's allowed could be the issue!
ski holidays
agree the last bus out on Saturday works perfectly assume you are looking at arrive LDA 5/03 depart Sunday 13/03
latest report
apologies, I forgot to thank you for your offer to stay @ yours if flights out of Manchester not available rolling eyes
ski holidays
Ha ha. Fingers crossed he's allowed. I have a mate in a similar situation. At one stage she said they'd all go(2 young daughters), at one stage she said he could go. Now he can't go.

Yes. I'm thinking of Monarch flight from Birmingham AM on 5/3, and back AM on Sunday the 13th. Last transfer from L2A on 12th.

Some hotels run airport shuttles, which would make life easy in Grenoble too.
ski holidays
another mate has confirmed that he's very interested in the trip, he needs to check his work commitments on Monday... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Bensbus don't drop off in Grenoble if that is part of plan. Airport only. There are local buses from L2A to Grenoble bus station and shuttle to airport from there.

I stayed at Ibis Grenoble Centre Bastille Friday night, very nice and only 50 Euros for a room. There's another Ibis opposite bus/train station too. Avoid Hotel Alize at all costs, worst hotel I've ever stayed in anywhere Shocked
snow report
Yes would form part of the plan, thanks for the tip.

I have followed your post in respect of purchasing in LDA & would be interested in meeting you wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@michaelbury17, No worries ill ne hère Happy ffs keyboard set to french Shocked Confused
snow conditions
@Claude B, I've stayed in a couple of the Ibis in Grenoble when hubby was in hospital. The one in the city centre was great for access to tram etc. The university one was also fairly good.
snow report
@michaelbury17,

Nice one. Is that 2 interested?

@Claude B,

Thanks for that advice. I'd try and find a hotel with an airport shuttle, but failing that a taxi. Alize - the singer is lovely. Shame her hotel isn't. Wink
snow conditions
I can see just 3 hotels with airport shuttle: Privalodges Quartier de Bonne, Touring Hotel, and Logis Institute Hotel.
latest report
The Logis is near the station so easy to get to if you get the bus down from here. Bus and train stations are adjacent.
ski holidays
@Claude B,

Thanks. Is the bus easy enough to get then - just wait at the bus stop? Do you have any idea when the last bus would leave on Saturday night?

[edit]

Found the timetable. As far as I can see, they are regular - more regular than I would have thought - so maybe I'm reading it wrong:

http://www.transisere.fr/ftp/documents_CG38/FH_21050901_3020-3030-3040-3050-3070.pdf

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 18-01-16 8:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Timetables here http://www.2alpesnet.com/buses

I think you need to pop into vfr office to book.
snow report
@Claude B,

Thanks again. Fingers crossed this comes off. It's looking like it.

Smile

Are you out there right now?
snow conditions
Just until May wink
latest report
@Claude B,

That's fantastic. This will hopefully be my first year, where I get 2 weeks in. I'll be pleased with that, but to season there would be amazing.

Smile
latest report
@SteveBrown, I did 10 weeks last season and the one before but bought a place here last summer so mixing skiing with DIY, etc.
snow report
@Claude B,

Do you mountain bike? Imagine it's great in the summer round there too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy