Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buddies needed bargain week Les Deux Alpes 5th March

Poster: A snowHead
Just checked Six Nations fixtures. It couldn't be worse. England play Wales at 4pm on Saturday the 12th.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SteveBrown, A bit, extreme downhill stuff here mainly though, road bike too. Hiking is great and the climate is really nice. Plenty to do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B wrote:
Avoid Hotel Alize at all costs, worst hotel I've ever stayed in anywhere Shocked

Sounds like I had a lucky escape then, I booked one night there through booking.com or one of the others, to get the train early next morning and when I got there they decided they had overbooked and I just got a classic shrug. Found another place down the next street that, whilst not plush Laughing at least had some idea of how to run a business, and free wi-fi.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Love mountain biking very nearly as much as skiing - which is the best thing ever. Get to Wales a fair bit, but fancy a trip to Alps - all round trails though, not extreme downhill.

Managed 30 miles in the snow and mud yesterday, bit of skiing preparation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skitow, Hang out for the local prostitutes when I stayed there a few years ago Shocked Noise all night and room was awful!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well the deals done, I am just about to book two flights, will confirm once completed snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="SteveBrown"]@Claude B,

Thanks again. Fingers crossed this comes off. It's looking like it.

Smile

It's happening, flights booked for two of us, if the other guy gets his pass out well all he has to do is get a flight Madeye-Smiley

Arrive Grenoble 05/03/16 @ 1500hrs - will need to book transfer
Depart Grenoble Sunday 13/03/16 @ 10.45 - will need to book hotel/transfer

Any other interest from anyone Steve?

What apartment you are looking at, agree with your previous post about booking one for 4/5 persons
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent news. I'll get my flight booked and have a look what apartments are available.

Hopefully the one I saw at £467 and sleeps 5.

I think you get €10 discount on Ski pass if 3 book, and €15 if 4 do.

I'll post details on here of accommodation when I get home - see what you think.

Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Only other interest was the other guy on here. He only wants long weekend, but I don't think there are mid week flights.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brilliant, best get the skis/boots out of storage Toofy Grin

Well now that three of us have committed it may just be the incentive for another snowhead...he he, not that I'm being a 'bad influence' for anyone!

Makes sense to buy the lift passes together & save €10 [can go to the beer fund!] rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Couldn't resist coming home and having a look.

That link I posted the other day to Hotel Le Chalet, still has the apartment for 5 available.

If you have a look, and see what you think. Not got time to study too much at the moment, so haven't looked a sleeping arrangements or anything. I just have now. 1 x bunk bed, 1 x sofa bed, 1 x double bed. Only suitable for 4 by the look of it.

Smile

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/le-chalet-38860.en-gb.html?aid=376362;label=booking-name-ocusVqu2ZjTBWS%2ADZp3_%2AgS62207028202%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2847%2C000%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atiaud-146342137750%3Akwd-65526620%3Alp1006482%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm;sid=22f6ea01c34232a9bcfde6d199d630ee;dcid=1;checkin=2016-03-05;checkout=2016-03-12;dist=0;group_adults=2;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;srfid=f7b4a1a03c36a7586e5dab1f510937d1c1ebb4c1X1;type=total;ucfs=1&

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 18-01-16 13:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The absolute hardest thing about a ski holiday, is balancing the après ski, with having a relatively clear head in the morning. I've never managed it yet.

Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked my flight.

I arrive in Grenoble at 10:45 Saturday, depart 11:55 Sunday.

I'll head to L2A, and sort apartment and my ski & Boot hire, and wait for you guys to arrive.

Smile

I really don't want to miss England v Wales which is 4pm on Saturday 12th. All well and good if there's a bus going around 6:30pm.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Steve,
You sound excited...bunking off work!

I have had a look at the apartment seems fine for me, I have sent a link to Phil [my mate] wouldn't have thought he'd be fussed so as far as we are concerned good to book. Would be better if we had a 4th person but hey ho!

Yes we will have to keep a check on the 'Apres' - normally we have our wives to drag us home Puzzled can't think why though?

Makes sense that you get to resort & get the fridge stocked ready for our arrival Laughing

In an ideal world getting the bus back to Grenoble after the rugby would be the way, I have had a quick look at Bens bus booking form, straight forward enough, think we'd have to pick a late flight out of Grenoble [hypothetically anyway] & arrange a taxi back into town...thoughts?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No prob bunking off work. Have a kitchen business(that's not going as well as I'd like). Was there today, more or less to connect sink after Corian worktops had been fitted. They made them wrong, and had to take a lot of it back. Doh.

Do you want me to get it booked? There is an option for breakfast for £5 a day, do you want me to order that? Plenty of time for a fourth person to join us. Price wise it makes little difference anyway - but yeah, would be a bit more for the Peroni fund.

I'll be about 4 hours in front of you. Should give me time to get my skis and fridge stocked.

Smile

Bit confused about your last paragraph. Was thinking of getting Bens Bus to L2A, as it will be airport pick up.

The only way I can see getting to watch the rugby is in L2A, if there was a bus(as Claude B said - not Bens Bus) to Grenoble that leaves after it finishes. I've looked at time table, but can't really work it out. I suppose that's something we could work out when we're there.
ski holidays
Looks like last bus is 17.00, 18.05 only goes down to Bourg D'Oisans.
snow conditions
Looks like last bus is 17.00, 18.05 only goes down to Bourg D'Oisans.
latest report
Although if you play with this it suggest you can get down after 6.

http://www.transisere.fr/fr/recherche-ditineraire/4/JourneyPlanner/Index
snow report
@Claude B,

Thanks. I was just having another look myself, and think I more or less understand now.

Yes, you're right - last bus is 17:00. The 3pm one may get us to Grenoble in time to see the second half - if we could find somewhere showing it quick.

Bens Bus isn't any good either. 12:10 depart wouldn't give us long on the slopes, and 16:00 depart mean we miss game altogether.
latest report
@Claude B,

I tried that, and put in 18:00 departure, and it did come up with 18:10 - arriving in Grenoble at 20:45.

Confusing, then as not on timetable, and seems to take a long time that one. Guess we could sort out at booking office when there. I suppose an alternative would be stay an Extra night in L2A instead of Grenoble.
latest report
@Pollyperks, we have been to LDA previously, stayed on the main street, Crystal catered chalet, full on family stuff, but yes we would be up for meeting up to explore the hills Very Happy
latest report
@SteveBrown,

sorry to hear your problem with Corian tops - thats the construction industry for you Shocked [I too work in this industry so am familiar with the cock ups!].

Yes as far as we are concerned book the apartment & if you can get breakfast for £5.00 book also [I had a quick read of the apartment details & thought it said breakfast wasn't an option]. Agree that we have an option for a 4th person if someone wants to have a ball...& contribute to the beer fund! Do you want some cash/payment towards this, can send across?

Sounds perfect to me as we both have our own boots & skis & you can stock the fridge with essentials, only kidding we can sort it once in resort.

Yeah, wires crossed I think, the excitement is too much
Laughing

to clarify: we shall book Bens Bus: Grenoble-LDA & options subject to availability local bus-Grenoble sometime Saturday afternoon/evening or stay in LDA & bens bus-Grenoble Sunday am if they run early enough for our flight. We may just have to 'wing' this once we are there snowHead
snow conditions
@michaelbury17,

Hi. I've booked the apartment, and it's not asked for any card details, so I've not paid. Must be payment when there.

I think we may struggle to book a hotel for just Sunday night in Les Deux Alpes, but if that apartment isn't booked for the following week - then I'm sure he let us have it for another day. Bens bus definitely cover every flight, so would leave early enough for you to get it.

No worries if all that sounds like too much hassle. I guess I'd settle for the 3pm bus, and second half of the match - but if you guys would rather the 4pm bus, then I'd just go with that. Mates at home would text me updates.

If you are happy to wing it though, I am too.

I've looked at reviews for the place, and while they are very good overall, breakfast is mixed. There was an option when I booked, but I left it unchecked(I also read not available for that apartment, so not sure which right anyway).

To be honest, there's cooking facilities there, and I'd be happy to just cook some egg & bacon each morning(only cold food in hotel). Just so long as they have a cafetiere, it's all good.

Smile
latest report
Great news & I've got my skis out...

Agree ref booking in resort for one night, guess it's worth a punt to see if we could get the apartment for the Saturday evening, that would be best result all round. I didn't get that far with the Bens Bus site to look for an early departure Sunday am, but they do advertise the fact on their website so it must be true! No hassle all part of the fun Smile

Agreed, I'm happy rustling up some porridge, bacon & egg sandwiches - easy peasy stuff & @ least then we'll be ready for the exercise! Don't forget the coffee, will most likely need this to clear our heads snowHead
ski holidays
Booking.com Booking number: 481588536
PIN code: 3384

Thank you, Steve! Your reservation is now confirmed.
Did you know you can book your business stays with Booking.com?

Get the print version
Paperless confirmation

Hotel le Chalet
3 rue de l'Oisans, Les Deux Alpes, 38860, France - Show directions
Phone: +33476805185
Can't see this map? Click here to view location and directions Hotel information

Manage your booking

Paperless confirmation

Your reservation 7 nights, 1 apartment
Check-in Saturday 5 March 2016 (16:00 - 20:30)
Check-out Saturday 12 March 2016 (08:00 - 11:00)

Apartment with Terrace € 566.36
10 % VAT is included. € 56.64
Price € 623
Best Price Guaranteed

€ 1 City tax per person per night is excluded.
Please note: additional supplements (e.g. extra bed) are not added to this total.
The price above excludes property-specific charges, such as tax and service charges. These are to be paid to the property at the time of your stay. Booking.com does not charge any reservation, administration or other fees.

Is everything correct?
You can always view or change your booking online - no registration required.
Request early check-in or late check-out
Contact the property
Edit guest details

Accommodation details
This non-smoking apartment features a 20-m2 terrace with mountain views, a flat-screen TV and a fully equipped kitchen with oven, stove and microwave. There is also a bathroom with bathtub or shower. Please note that there is no breakfast option available for this accommodation. There is a quiet policy at the property after 22:00.
Guest name Steve Brown Edit guest name
Number of guests max. 5 people. Edit number of guests
Meal Plan Breakfast costs € 6 per person per night.
Prepayment 25 percent of the total amount may be charged anytime after booking.
Cancellation policy If cancelled or modified up to 30 days before date of arrival, 25 percent of the total price of the reservation will be charged. If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Any cancellation or modification fees are determined by the property. You will pay any additional costs to the property.
Cancellation cost Until 3 February 2016 23:59 [Les Deux Alpes]: € 155.75
From 4 February 2016 00:00 [Les Deux Alpes]: € 623
Cancel your booking
This reservation can not be cancelled free of charge.

Special Requests
Approximate time of arrival: between 13:00 and 14:00 hours
You have a booker that prefers communication by email

Important information

Please note that prepayment by bank transfer and/or cheque is due before arrival. The property will contact you directly to organise this.

Payment
This accommodation provider accepts the following forms of payment:
No credit cards accepted, cash only

Booking conditions
Guest parking Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
Internet WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.

See all booking conditions

Need help with your reservation?
Contact the property Phone: +33476805185
Manage your booking You can view your reservation or make changes online anytime.
Email customer service
Local number: 0203 564 6725
When abroad or from France: +44 20 3320 2609

Keep this confirmation in your pocket
No data, WiFi or printer needed with the FREE app.
snow report
I need real coffee in the morning. Day doesn't start until I get it.

Smile
snow conditions
Bensbus run transfers to meet up with all UK flights.
ski holidays
Sounds like we are all set to go, well done Steve snowHead

Thanks Claude
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hopefully Claude and Pollyperks will be happy to meet us and show us the resort.

Smile
snow conditions
No problem guys Happy

BTW that place is in a good position really close to Diable lift and best bars and restaurants.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 18-01-16 21:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Cheers Claude, we'll be in touch nearer the time.

Smile
ski holidays
Red Frog for the rugby. I've a welsh mate here who will slag any anglais badly Happy
snow report
Glad it's not the Red Dragon Claude.

Wink

Used to being slagged by the Welsh. They've had plenty to be happy about the last 10 years. 3 Grand Slams for them, since we won one. I'll have to find space for my England top, and keep my fingers crossed we can keep our apartment an extra day.

Hopefully Eddie Jones can get us playing better, because I think we've underperformed under Lancaster. I'll be there for our first game at Murrayfield, but Scotland were great in The World Cup - so be interesting.
snow report
Just caught up with conversation. Really pleased its all come together for you. I'm on Bens on Saturday but not until 17:40 which might get me there in time to have a pint with you all in the eve. I have Cluad B's number so will contact him but my guess will be to find you in Polar Bear or Secret bar - or is there a new haunt this season?

If you need to stay L2A one night then Lutins Hotel is clean and cheap.
latest report
@Pollyperks, in Frog more this year as its so close to my place Happy
latest report
@Pollyperks,

Thanks, and thanks for your help and offer, and Claude B's. Very pleased it's all come together too - and I'll check out Lutins Hotel later.

Be good to meet up for a beer Saturday - at least as far as I'm concerned. Can arrange to meet for some skiing if you're still happy to show us around.
ski holidays
SteveBrown wrote:
@Pollyperks,

Thanks, and thanks for your help and offer, and Claude B's. Very pleased it's all come together too - and I'll check out Lutins Hotel later.

Be good to meet up for a beer Saturday - at least as far as I'm concerned. Can arrange to meet for some skiing if you're still happy to show us around.

Reiterate that & looks like Saturday evening sorted already, sounds like Lutins Hotel could be our answer Steve, are/have you contacted them? As far as we are concerned happy to book it & then I can arrange tickets for Bens Bus return Cool
ski holidays
BTW my brother in law is Welsh so it's fair game as far as I'm concerned - great banter, especially after our last run out...couldn't believe we didn't take the penalty - revenge is/could be sweet.

Otherwise my phone will develop a terminal fault Twisted Evil
snow report
Hi.

Not been in long, and just been trying to find a website to book it on, but it doesn't appear to be on any - such as booking.com.

I have emailed them, and asked for a triple room for that night. The rate listed is great - only €103, if they will let us have one for one night only.

Sure hoping for revenge. Not taking the penalty was stupid imo. I don't think anyone in England could believe it; guess you could say they were being positive(or got Japan fever), but it wasn't a percentage decision. Wales certainly played well in the second half, but really we should never have let that lead - and domination slip.

Fingers crossed.

Smile
latest report
Hi again.

I've not had a reply from Lutins yet.

Had an email from Le Chalet asking for just €100 deposit, which I'll send.

Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, so explained there was 3 of us, and asked if any chance of a room Sunday night.

I'll let you know what responses I get.

Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy