Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WHEN Will it (Next) Snow in the Alps??

Poster: A snowHead
The smart money is headed for the west US and west Canada for Xmas.

Whistler got 150cm of freshies in the past week alone snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Filthyphil30k, thanks...how do you know?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a strange topic to take such a strong stand on, especially when these supposedly incredibly biased reports are tantamount to "it's not as good as it could be, it's not as bad as it could be"...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeh its quite odd.

From someone that doesn't post much here, it looks more like a pre-existing grudge or ulterior motive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Millom, you do seem to be out to stir up trouble and be generally unpleasant to people on here. A page or two back you had a quite unnecessary dig at Queen B, and she responded in a very restrained fashion I felt. I have a chalet in Les Gets which we let out for a few weeks, very few now, in the year. Once it has been rented by a SH but I don't mention it in my signature, really because I have never found out how to, or been bothered to find out. I am one of the world's old ladies now, slow and steady, but when I am at home in LG I do my best to report how many inches of fresh snow overnight where we are, where to get a decent lunch, what the supermarket might or might not have and things like that. If I were there right now I would tell you honestly about the snow, I could not se any point in doing otherwise.
It must be sad to go through life seeing a bad side to other people. And @rob@rar, was very charming and helpful when I came across him a few years ago in Bicester, but better not say where in case that might be free advertising for a very good boot fitter.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kingofthec wrote:
... reports are tantamount to "it's not as good as it could be, it's not as bad as it could be"...
Perfect summary of where I've been over the last couple of weeks or so.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

And @rob@rar, was very charming and helpful when I came across him a few years ago in Bicester, but better not say where in case that might be free advertising for a very good boot fitter.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Filthyphil30k, thanks...how do you know?

I wondered the same - if you search for the alternative name it shows a thread from November where the two names were accidentally logged-in to without the person realising, so responses were written as if they came from the same person.

Someone called them up on it and they confirmed that the two accounts are linked to the same person.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chrisrawles wrote:
@pam w, Sorry I was referring more to the "current" state of conditions and early/late season. Obviously if you booked middle of the season where conditions are normally good then yes even I would be disappointed. Little Angel

Just on that particular point. I think it's quite possible to be disappointed at any time of the year. Having skied at all ends of the season I've experienced good, bad and indifferent conditions. Critically alligned with expectations of the exactly where, when and what you are doing. The fact that I, or anybody else for that matter, deem conditions to be "bad" or "disppointing" shouldn't be immediately dismissed as a negative or pessimistic view. And of course those expections aforementioned are critical.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The fact that I, or anybody else for that matter, deem conditions to be "bad" or "disppointing" shouldn't be immediately dismissed as a negative or pessimistic view.

Agreed. I was once jumped on from a great height when a few people went completely daft after a big late October snowfall about its having set up "epic conditions for the season" etc etc etc. I voiced some caution and suggested that the FL over the next few weeks looked likely to go very high. It did....and the snow all melted.

I wasn't remotely disappointed by the complete lack of snow by end November - but all those cock-eyed optimists were. There was plenty of time for the snow to come back - and it did. The conditions can be good - or bad, at any time, as @Layne says. Surely we are all thrilled when they are good, and disappointed when they are bad?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
[my daughter and SiL, who went to Deven and Cornwall on their honeymoon (summer holidays, they are teachers) ready to surf if there was wind and waves, and relax and swim if there was calm sunny weather. They had two weeks solid rain. In a small VW camper. They were disappointed with conditions. .

No way!! We have solid sunshine, blue skies and perfect surf from April to Sept without exception. wink Can't speak for Deven though, wherever the ferk that is?! Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Kingofthec, thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm off to the Val G valley in exactly 4 weeks with my beery bunch of mates. It would be nice if something resembling snow would fall out of the sky between now and then, no panic. Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of the greatest things I've learnt from skiing is the you need to "ski on the snow you have" I've applied this to many other areas of my life.

When I started doing seasons I realised quickly that it was pointless wishing for better conditions, I ski almost everyday regardless, and adapt to whatever there is. In the course of a season you get the lot, the great, the bad, and the mediocre. So what it's like on any particular day doesn't really matter. I understand for those limited to a week or two that poor snow or weather can spoil a holiday taken at greet expense and long anticipated.
But as they say, a poor day on the mountain is still better than a good day in the office.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountainaddict wrote:
WHEN Will it Snow in the Alps??

It has snowed in the Alps, just not (perhaps) in the bits you're interested in. Most of Austria is looking good, ditto Switzerland, and many places in France. Personally I am delighted with conditions at the moment. We have tons of great piste skiing and lovely sunny weather - and it's the middle of December!

I'll take these conditions every December thanks Smile
latest report
My friends just rented out their apartment for Christmas and NY and decided to go to Thailand for 2 weeks instead. I wish I could do the same, but I have friends coming over, so guess we'll be doing some bar-hopping on skis while working on suntans.
ski holidays
I arrived into the 3 Valleys last January to terrible pistes due to rain the previous night, did I moan on about it? No, we can't control the weather and poor conditions can happen at any time during the season.
snow report
@SnoodyMcFlude, Chalet La Luge is available in La Tzoumaz, Verbier, 4 Valleys and 50% discount for Snowheads if you take the whole chalet on a catered basis(12 people). The snow is not amazing at the mo but like last year we have snow to ski on. Televerbier have done a good job and there is a reasonable amount open. The sun is shining, it's cold enough to run the cannons The scenery is stunning and the beer is cold. Sounds better than staying in the miserable weather in the UK, trawling every weather report to see if its going to snow and then going back to work P***** off! Whatever you do Happy Christmas.
ski holidays
wednesday
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
@Millom, that's because - as he said - it's the Hintertux Glacier.

If you want to be grumpy, then fine, but don't take it out on other people. @rob@rar has done literally nothing other than spell out what conditions are like at present where he is - and he's hardly bigging them up either. You're new here, but if you'd spent more time on the forum and read more of his posts, you'd realise that he's one of the most genuinely helpful and honest people on here.

Maybe go drink a beer/get laid then come back, re-read the thread, and think about whether you owe him an apology...

-----------

Personally icy pistes hold zero appeal to me, so I haven't been skiing in a couple of weeks (lovely t-shirt weather for hiking last weekend though). If piste skiing is your thing, there's plenty of open and skiable pistes around here atm.

Sound advice, albeit with that attitude I reckon unlikely Happy
snow conditions
Quote:
WHEN Will it Snow in the Alps??

Well well... that was 4 pages of fine trolling to trawl through!!

Where did we get to on snow in the alps?
Looking out my window right now at the miserable wet Shrewsbury weather, I'd tear your leg off for the conditions I'm seeing on webcams on the French side. Granted, it's another ropy start for the Italians but with 3 weeks to new year, anything is possible.
Chin up folks!! The fat ski brigade will just have to join us on piste for a little longer!!
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

There was a really decent dump (remember the closed roads etc) the week before crimbo which saved christmas for most but by new year it was icy and bare(ish) again.

Last year the big dump was on the Saturday between Christmas and New Year. New Year was good, after a dismal Christmas (the worst, by some distance, in at least 12 years across many Alpine areas).

Sorry, you're right. I got out to tignes on 4th Jan and after 2 days it was warm and icy - didn't snow at all the week we were there.
latest report
Quote:

didn't snow at all the week we were there

you had far, far, better conditions than you would have done the previous week. Some people are never satisfied... wink
snow report
[quote="Pruman"]
Quote:

Incompetence at best.

And thats because its SCGB Happy
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
Millom wrote:
"_________________
Luxury apartment in Les Arcs for rent
Inside Out Skiing £50 OFF your first group clinic at Hemel"

sorry you're obviously not into self-promotion! rolling eyes

You are severely out of order here. Do you actually know Rob? I've never met anyone who is less self promoting. He is honest, kind and generous with sharing his wide knowledge. You need to wind your neck in

This!!!
ski holidays
Millom wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Millom wrote:
"_________________
Luxury apartment in Les Arcs for rent
Inside Out Skiing £50 OFF your first group clinic at Hemel"

sorry you're obviously not into self-promotion! rolling eyes

You are severely out of order here. Do you actually know Rob? I've never met anyone who is less self promoting. He is honest, kind and generous with sharing his wide knowledge. You need to wind your neck in

So perhaps a change of signature is in order just to clear that up so people don't get the wrong impression!

Im sure Rob would gladly change his signature, if he gets to write a personal one for you........ Toofy Grin
latest report
[quote="PaulC1984"]
Pruman wrote:
Quote:

Incompetence at best.

And thats because its SCGB Happy

Hey, leave the Ski Club of Gap - Bayard out of this:

http://www.scgb.org/
ski holidays
@davidof, hehe Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PaulC1984,

+1 I don't know Rob and I haven't been around here long, but I can tell you from what I have seen that if I lived anywhere near Hemel I would definitely want a lesson with him because he's always helpful and happy to dish out skiing tips for free on Snowheads, which is a far better advertisement than any signature.

I'm actually ashamed to originate from the same county as Millom! We're not all like that Blush
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
pam w wrote:
[my daughter and SiL, who went to Deven and Cornwall on their honeymoon (summer holidays, they are teachers) ready to surf if there was wind and waves, and relax and swim if there was calm sunny weather. They had two weeks solid rain. In a small VW camper. They were disappointed with conditions. .

No way!! We have solid sunshine, blue skies and perfect surf from April to Sept without exception. wink Can't speak for Deven though, wherever the ferk that is?! Puzzled

Lies, lies, lies!!! Went to Falmouth Uni (before it got big, fancy Dan ideas) and regularly had to ride my bike in to Wood Lane in the pissing rain.

As for Deven, we've got a saying round these parts "come to sunny Deb'n, where 't rains six days in sev'n"
ski holidays
telford_mike: I know it's snowed in the Alps rolling eyes - I've already skied some good to excellent snow at Hintertux, Stubai and Espace Killy Very Happy.

I'll amend the OP title to clear up the ambiguity Smile.
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
telford_mike: I know it's snowed in the Alps rolling eyes - I've already skied some good to excellent snow at Hintertux, Stubai and Espace Killy Very Happy.

Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Lauka wrote:
@PaulC1984,

+1 I don't know Rob and I haven't been around here long, but I can tell you from what I have seen that if I lived anywhere near Hemel I would definitely want a lesson with him because he's always helpful and happy to dish out skiing tips for free on Snowheads, which is a far better advertisement than any signature.

I'm actually ashamed to originate from the same county as Millom! We're not all like that Blush

Don't worry, of the 1.6billion muslims in this world only about 0.0000001% are extremists yet some people seem it acceptable to tar them all with the same brush. Do not feel ashamed, you have nothing to prove.

Life is just full of B3LL 3NDS - some like to site behind keyboards.

Ive never met Rob either, but he seems like a top bloke for someone from London wink
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:

I blame this entire thread on you - it has however kept me entertained for the evening Happy
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
Ive never met Rob either, but he seems like a top bloke for someone from London wink
Very Happy I'm actually from Wales wink
ski holidays
Quote:

he seems like a top bloke for someone from London

rolling eyes snowHead He's not exactly from London, really...
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:
Very Happy I'm actually from Wales wink

Jesus, would have kept that to myself wink
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

he seems like a top bloke for someone from London

rolling eyes snowHead He's not exactly from London, really...

A taff in london - does it get much worse Happy
snow conditions
@PaulC1984, we all have to carry our burdens...
snow conditions
@rob@rar, I know, but whilst I'm sympathetic to all muslims I have to draw the line somewhere Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy