Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stubai, Solden, Obergurgl or Ischgl this Weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@notnats, looks like some snow is forecast from mid week next week.
Who are you going with?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think we all love Ischgl, enough said.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter S from the Ischgl thread Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@notnats, aha!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wasn't this the one who decided that they didn't want to go to Ischgl because of how one of the car parks looked?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mayr wrote:
Wasn't this the one who decided that they didn't want to go to Ischgl because of how one of the car parks looked?

Yes! I'm actually coming with my family, 0z looking more promising for snow this week
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi as the OP I have to confess that I missed any input since Friday when I travelled out there. This means I was completely un swayed either way in the Lech v Ischgl spat but for what it's worth we ended up going to Stubai for a half day on Friday, (a none ski day in Seefeld/Innsbruck on Saturday), Ischgl on Sunday and Serfaus/Fiss on Monday.

We found Stubai a bit busy and the snow was fairly churned up by the time we started but it was still good to get out and see some snow after all of the poor weather reports I had read.

We loved Ischgl and can confirm that the snow is excellent, even down to resort level. There were very few lifts/ runs closed and we really enjoyed the whole area, especially the long run down to Samnaun, (unfortunately we only had a strudel and chocolate in the chicken place having not read the thread) Mad

Serfaus and Fiss also gave us an enjoyable day's skiing. It was about 25% cheaper than Ischgl and 15 minutes quicker to get to (we ruled out Lech in the end as out sat nav showed a much longer journey). There were more lifts/ runs shut but there was plenty open for a day and again the snow was in surprisingly good nick.

I think we were helped by the temperature staying relatively low through the weekend (hovering around 0). This meant the snow didn't deteriorate and the canons were able to do their stuff. Even Seefeld had a few runs open by Monday, thanks to the cannons.

For what it's worth we found Seefeld to be an excellent base, despite not skiing there. It's a lovely village and our hotel was fantastic value (pool, spa, balcony for £55/ night BB). The wife loved the shops and the restaurants as well as our train journey to Innsbruck on Saturday for their wonderful Christmas markets. None of the car trips took more than 1 hour 15 mins and there were a host of other resorts we could have visited within this radius as well.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread and enabled us to have a really enjoyable short break. I hope our experiences give some hope to those heading to the area in the near future.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
notnats wrote:
Peter S from the Ischgl thread Smile

Snowing in Ischgl, Millom now joining Peter S and myself
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing heavily in Obergurgl Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blastfromthepast wrote:
Snowing heavily in Obergurgl Very Happy

sure is!

http://www.bergfex.com/obergurgl-hochgurgl/webcams/c9206/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Millom wrote:
Puzzled

Yeah, I lost track of that too a bit???

Skiing on fresh snow today in Ischgl...and for the benefit of any car park anoraks lurking around the forum... didn't visit the car park, so no idea how the weather was in there, I suspect it was bright and dry Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
About 15cm up top yesterday and overnight. Really refreshed the pistes nicely. Much warmer today though. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy