Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japan 2015 / 16

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle wrote:
@rob@rar, my fault, perhaps, because I quoted Grinning's post
Laughing Oops!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle wrote:
Nnngghhhh

Is that a technical term? Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle wrote:
@rob@rar, my fault, perhaps, because I quoted Grinning's post

Yep, and also further up Grinning quoted someone else quoting him. So you have to stop it in two places....

Our only hope is to make enough posts moaning about it that the forum rolls over to another page. Then hope no-one quotes it again...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oof, thank heaven for the new page! Sorry folks. Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank god that was really annoying! Now more Japow please Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle wrote:
Grinning wrote:
It was sweet a couple of weeks ago: Niseko briefly, then Kiroro, Kokusai, Asahidake and Furano...
memorable:
Hokkaido short edit from Grinning
https://vimeo.com/154908420#t=120s
I can't seem to turn this off, it comes on again every time I open the thread. Any idea why? I can't even turn the sound off. Lovely as it is, I've had enough of it now. (Not noticed this happening with any other vimeo vid I've watched.)

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh FFS! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bloody hell, what am I doing wasting life in London when there's snow in Japan? Keep the stoke coming, pretty please snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

The thread drift is almost as substantial as the snow. Here's what the car looked like last night after 10 hours in the car park at the base. Looks similar again this morning outside the lodge snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Never the mind the car, where are the gnarl pix?!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's only 8am; lifts don't open for another 30 mins!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Excuses! wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
[b] I detect the Hand of Admin...
you imagine the hand of admin.
I've edited hurtle's post to stop it on this page, hopefully.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle wrote:
Never the mind the car, where are the gnarl pix?!
previous page...
snow report
@admin,
Quote:

I've edited hurtle's post to stop it on this page, hopefully
It wasn't me, it was
@Mosha Marc being troublesome. But thank you anyway. Now, more gnarl please.
snow report
Much better in Furano today - about 30-40cm of fresh up top, still busting through to the hard layer most of the time but massive improvement. Still puking it down now too Happy

Awaiting niseko updates though - biggest dump of the season apparently and too much for the piste bashers to get to the top ridge!!
snow report
@Dashed, glad you got the goods. Yes, we had 60cm at top and biggest dump of the season so far snowHead

HOWEVER...there was also wind and the new snow, of which there was the most ridiculous amount, was made up of shattered snow crystals. This made it a little heavier than yesterday and it was simply too deep (!) on many gradients to get any speed. We skied some nice lines in steeper terrain but it was also very busy and tracked out quickly. Then the lifts started closing one by one as the wind picked up. A vet good day...but not as good as yesterday snowHead

Face shot of the day shortly Very Happy
ski holidays
admin wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
[b] I detect the Hand of Admin...
you imagine the hand of admin.
I've edited hurtle's post to stop it on this page, hopefully.
Laughing Apologies!

Not even the Hand of Admin can stop the lovely music from playing.
ski holidays
My old mate Glen on skis today.

Superstition in Niseko Village

3 Runs in Superstition - Niseko Village, 17 February 2016 from 360niseko
https://vimeo.com/155624412

http://360niseko.com/3-runs-in-superstition/
snow report
Sums it up well! Significantly less busy than Hirafu, where we spent the day
snow conditions

Photos were left to the end of the day; here's admin going deep, again, in tracked out snow 😉
snow report
@Sharkymark, continuing epicity! Whats the tracked stuff like to ski on? Guessing its a different deal from most euro tracked snow?
latest report

Again, here's more of that moment, expressed less horizontally snowHead

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 17-02-16 16:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
element wrote:
@Sharkymark, continuing epicity! Whats the tracked stuff like to ski on? Guessing its a different deal from most euro tracked snow?
Generally the snow is so light that even the tracks aren't really noticeable. It's all just cold, white smoke Happy
snow report
There was a bit of wind yesterday so it packed today's snow a bit more densely than the day before.
Where, on Monday we were skimming through knee-thigh deep fluffiness on even the gentlest of inclines, Tuesday's snow was a less flouncy affair. It had a bit more of a European density to it requiring some straight-lining on the shallower slopes. We had to work harder, go for steeper pitches and accept that some of the 'pillows' wouldn't necessarily explode on impact but may give a little air instead Wink

It starts off light but it's like any snow though - the more people ski over it (or the more it gets wind-blown), the more broken up the big crystals get, the air gets squeezed out and you get a heavier more dense consistency. Temps have been a consistent -10-12 though so that's helped to keep things fresh. Where it's sheltered though, the snow stays lighter longer so mostly we've been wending our way through trees looking for the less obvious trails where fewer skiers have been: a line that's obfuscated by a bit of light shrubbery, for example. Most runs you'll get a few fresh turns and a few face-shots at some point though and every now and then U nail a masterpiece snowHead

To be candid though, we've all been a bit wrecked today - yesterday was so epic, we skied 10hrs! Shocked There's really extensive floodlit night skiing here and the lights are bright enough to even give reasonable vis in the trees. It was chucking it down with snow the whole time so we just kept going Toofy Grin
Trees and powder at night... EPIC!
ski holidays
10 hours!
ski holidays
admin wrote:
yesterday was so epic, we skied 10hrs! Shocked

Please tell me you stopped for lunch? It can't be THAT good.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mosha Marc, you Fitzwilliam!
snow report
<sniggers>
ski holidays
Sounds epic x
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
element wrote:
Generally the snow is so light that even the tracks aren't really noticeable. It's all just cold, white smoke Happy

This, this and this.

Be Nice please! I've gotta go back!
snow report
Need a new untainted page...
ski holidays
@Minion1980, don't you dare even think about it!
snow report
I think you're making a whole lot of Snowheads very excited at the idea of JapowBash2017 Wink

It looks, well, EPIC. snowHead
ski holidays

Several days hammering Japow! and a lot of travelling is starting to take it's toll: the Rabbit has been hit by a fluey virus, I've been skiing for 3 days on a torn rotator cuff and Graham appears to hurt everywhere. However, with a promising forecast we headed back to Rusutsu. It was perhaps the first time that not a lot, if any, snow had fallen the previous evening. Even so, there were still boot to knee deep freshies to be found amongst the many, many trees. Here's the Rabbit nailing it in a rimed forest.
snow report
@Sharkymark, you can go off people you know. Are you sick of the raw fish yet?
snow conditions
@Sharkymark, you must be getting fed up of all that fresh snow by now, such terrible conditions...
Hope Rabbit feels better soon, he's had more than his fair share recently.
latest report
@Hells Bells, yes. I called it on about day 6 and refused to have another meal devoted entirely to uncooked pelagic animals. Today I went one step further and had chips for lunch. There's only so much ramen and miso one can handle. Back to full bore Japan now though Very Happy
snow report
Despite what one might assume of the sharky one, he's not much of a fish fan. He claims to have eaten more this week than his whole life till now.
He knows now that sushi is a special case.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy