Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EZ Jet

Poster: A snowHead
@Filthyphil30k, for me it's not about the flight but the rest of my journey on public transport, total travel time tends to be 6-8 hours only about an hour of that spent on the plane.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Afer being a sceptic for many years we started using Easyjet a year or so ago as they offer a cost effective route (Bristol to Inverness) for us to get from the West Country to northern Scotland. We have also flown to Fueteventura with them from Gatwick, Bodrum from Bristol and most recently Bristol to Funchal. We fine that booking extra legroom and/or speedy boarding makes the whole experience very easy with good check in for any prebooked bag (not hugely expensive) and two items each for the cabin. While you do pay extra this still seems to be reasonable compared with many other alternatives. The cabin crew are bright, cheerful and helpful and they managed a medical emergency on the flight down to Funchal with suitable aplomb albeit with an off schedule stop in Oporto to disembark the elderly passenger (and her family) who was unwell.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MSG101 wrote:
I assumed that through ticketing would only be available if the airlines were part of the same group (like Lufthansa/Air France/etc)

And also associate airlines.

Eg KLM to Kuala Lumpur and then jetstar to Singapore. Through ticket with KLM extra £60 over getting the standard £18 flex ticket with Jetstar. However, if there was a problem with flying then KLM would have to get my there and then home from Singapore.

If I did it the cheap way I would be stuck here. Mind you Singapore is lovely.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gaza wrote:
Lauka wrote:
@martinm, I saw Gaza said that, but usually the cost difference for me between airlines is about the amount Easyjet charge for extra legroom so I'd rather go with the airline that aren't rude to me at the gate.

I don't get what your complaint is. They are clear that unless you pay for upfront (£5.99) or extra leg room (£9.99) then you are only entitled to one piece of cabin baggage. Enforcing that policy at the gate is not rude; it is simply being fair to those who have either paid the extra or abided by the rules.

Could not agree more - I fly Easyjet 30+ times a year and the rudeness I see is pretty much always coming from passengers rather than staff, particularly people upset that the terms under which they booked are actually what they have paid for and are therefore enforced. Second most common complaint seems to be the "unfairness" of people who have paid more being allowed to board first. With seem odd reasons to be unhappy and I certainly don't think it is rude for staff to insist that the rules are followed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used Easyjet plenty and never had any issues.

Using for the 1st time for skiing in February though from Luton also - heading to Salzburg and staying in Saalbach. Bit of a trek from Sunderland, but the flights were only £499 for 2 adults and 2 kids including 2 hold bags, so the drive is definitely worth it.

Generally used Crystalski packages out of Newcastle, but price for the 6th Feb to Saalbach was coming out at nearly £3.5k! Doing it DIY, including private transfers, half board was £2.3K. Well worth it...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gaza, I flew Geneva to Palermo with Alitalia in the early summer, changing in Rome. They lost my bags and it took 2 days to get them. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Apparently Rome managed to lose 40% of transfer baggage that day Shocked rolling eyes

I don't think the airlines even need to be associated. E.g. I could book a ticket from Lugano to Inverness which would be through ZRH and AMS and on Swiss, KLM and Flybe and while I wouldn't expect an airline to hold a flight for a passenger from another airline (maybe they do?) I would expect that I'd get there even if one of the connections was missed.

In any case, even on U2, if you have travel insurance it should cover you for failure to make a connection due to public transport (i.e. previous flight leg) delay.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like Easyjet too. I've never had a problem with them. Flying back through GVA I would sometimes arrive in time for an earlier (more expensive) flight and ask if I could take that, which was never a problem and there was no extra to pay. Up to a few years ago I even got free ski carriage with them through the Ski Club of GB.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Airports are more important than airlines...

LHR is to avoided at all costs
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow, lot of love on here for sleazy jet! I find delays the biggest bug bear, their gatwick to Berlin service is always delayed when I take it and I resent paying more for my skis than seat. I accept that when things are going well they are ok but they are very bad at giving accurate flight information when there is a delay (not alone there). I have certainly been delayed more often with sleazy than with any other airline. Never flown Ryanair, never will. Lufthansa and Swiss are far superior and, occasionally, cheaper when you factor in all the extras. Best value is not always lowest price. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I fly easyjet maybe 20 times a year between Geneva and Gatwick, and generally find them excellent. They are flexible (for a fee) if I need to change the flight, unlike the cheap tickets on other airlines, and I can add as many bags as I like for a very reasonable cost if I have a load of shopping to bring back. I do check BA and Swiss via LCY as LHR is too far from me, but they are generally much more expensive.

I have the easyjet plus card, so get a front seat with plenty of legroom, guaranteed cabin baggage and the extra small bag, and quick bag drop at Gatwick & Geneva. It also now gives fasttrack security at the airport too, which can be a godsend at busy times.

The late Sunday flight back to Geneva can be prone to delays, but it has never been that bad.

Ive never had any issues with the staff, and they were particularly excellent when a grumpy old woman complained to them that she didn't want to sit next to my very well behaved young daughter as he hated children and as she had paid to book a seat she wanted us to move (we had paid too).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitters wrote:

Ive never had any issues with the staff, and they were particularly excellent when a grumpy old woman complained to them that she didn't want to sit next to my very well behaved young daughter as he hated children and as she had paid to book a seat she wanted us to move (we had paid too).

Effing unbelievable some people.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just done the feedback for my EZ flight to Geneva Thursday. At Gatwick Boarding, they were very, very rude, to a poor woman who simply hadn't understood the rules about additional carry-on. They could have been polite, but still firm. Clearly what's happening is that desk staff have to bear the brunt of their lack of clarity and have to deal with this repeatedly on every flight, so they get fed up and don't care what they say. There was nowhere near enough space for all the carry-on - of course: because they charge for hold bags which encourages people to take as much carry-on as they can get away with. EZ had to concede to seat reservations, and they'll have to concede on 'free' hold baggage (i.e. wrap the cost into the overall ticket price). Meanwhile we all suffer. And yes, if I could travel with anyone else I would, but BA don't fly Gatwick-Geneva outside of the winter. Clearly, they treat Premium ticket holders well - it's just the rest of us cabin fodder that they don't care about.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@msej449, anyone who doean't uderstand this should be taken outside and shot.

Quote:
All passengers

ONE cabin bag
Maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels.

easyJet Plus, FLEXI fare, Upfront and Extra Legroom customers

One cabin bag as above

Plus ONE additional small under seat bag (For example a handbag or laptop)
Maximum size of 45 x 36 x 20cm which will need to be placed under the seat in front.

What isn't clear about the above?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 28-11-15 21:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@msej449,
Quote:

Clearly, they treat Premium ticket holders well - it's just the rest of us cabin fodder that they don't care about.

I've flown Easyjet a lot and I can't remember a time when the staff have been rude to me. They have always been courteous, no frills but perfectly pleasant.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gerry wrote:
@msej449, anyone who doean't uderstand this should be taken outside and shot.

Quote:
All passengers

ONE cabin bag
Maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels.

easyJet Plus, FLEXI fare, Upfront and Extra Legroom customers

One cabin bag as above

Plus ONE additional small under seat bag (For example a handbag or laptop)
Maximum size of 45 x 36 x 20cm which will need to be placed under the seat in front.

What isn't clear about the above?

+1
snow conditions
msej449 wrote:
I've just done the feedback for my EZ flight to Geneva Thursday.

You were not directly affected but you gave negative feedback?

msej449 wrote:
At Gatwick Boarding, they were very, very rude, to a poor woman who simply hadn't understood the rules about additional carry-on.

You mean she had failed to read the rules and expected to get away with it? I expect she was told that she could only bring one bag but the decided to dispute it while those around her who had paid attention to the rules or paid extra for easyJet Plus were supposed to accept they would make an exception for her? Even if she didn't read the T&Cs when she booked it would have been on her Boarding Pass. This is an extract from one of mine but I always have easyJet Plus as I have a card so can't show what a non-plus BP looks like.

msej449 wrote:
Clearly what's happening is that desk staff have to bear the brunt of their lack of clarity and have to deal with this repeatedly on every flight, so they get fed up and don't care what they say.

There is plenty of clarity but people cleary either ignore it or simply fail to read it.

msej449 wrote:
There was nowhere near enough space for all the carry-on - of course: because they charge for hold bags which encourages people to take as much carry-on as they can get away with. EZ had to concede to seat reservations, and they'll have to concede on 'free' hold baggage (i.e. wrap the cost into the overall ticket price).

If there are too many bags they will tag latecomers bags for free and put them in the hold. They also frequently make announcements on bust flights offering to tag bags for free and preboard those that volunteer. They will also offer to tag hand luggage at check-in if you are also checking in a hold bag. Why should those of us who travel regularly and with hand baggage only pay extra because people either don't read the rules or what to take extra bags?

msej449 wrote:
Clearly, they treat Premium ticket holders well - it's just the rest of us cabin fodder that they don't care about.

For £5.99 extra you too can be "premium". They do care about their pax but if people try to circumvent the rules then they will stop them. What is so wrong with that?
latest report
@red 27, domino effect when adverse conditions
snow conditions
Gaza wrote:
There is plenty of clarity but people cleary either ignore it or simply try it on

FIFY Toofy Grin [/i]
ski holidays
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6770173/Fears-of-security-breach-at-easyJet-after-Arabic-griffiti-on-planes.html
ski holidays
Wow, what a mistake to simply report on what actually happened to me on a real flight. I've no more sympathy with people who try it on than anyone here, but I still think there is no excuse for rudeness to customers. The incident at the gate wasn't the only case on the flight, just the one I mentioned. And I think the origin is that on full flights, the easyJet charging strategy makes for a bunch of problems with excessive cabin baggage.

To be objective, I imagine that if you run an airline you have a limited set of options to play with in terms of competition and what you offer the customer. You can do a BA and offer everyone a large carry-on +a small rucsac or laptop bag, + a hold item, and average the cost of carriage across everyone. But then you could argue that 'lightweight' commuters are subsidising others with a hefty load of baggage. Or you can do an easyJet and make it cheaper (than BA) for those travelling light, but more expensive for those with hold luggage. The problem is that it encourages people to try it on, and carry far too much carry-on baggage. On empty flights they get away with it, but on full flights it causes havoc.

My view is that this is a problem with easyJet. On many flights everything goes smoothly, I'm sure, and it all works well. But clearly there is a recurrent problem on full flights, and the customer-facing staff have to bear the brunt of the resultant hassle.
snow report
@msej449,
Well I've been on a lot of full Easyjet flights, most of my skiing ones in fact and I have never witnessed havoc, a few people asked to put larger cabin baggage in the hold as per terms and conditions and that's been about it.
ski holidays
IMHO EasyJe is the best of the budget airlines. Their baggage policy is clear and unambiguous (as demonstrated above) and I have little sympathy for people who do not understand what they have paid for. They are always polite and unlike Ryanair will accept their service is not perfect and apologise for their failings.

I have used them many times for skiing out of Innsbruck. This airport can be difficult for a number of reasons:

1 short runway - only 10% of EZ planes can land there as they need upgraded brakes.
2 because of short runway and mountainous approach, pilots need special training
3 as it is regularly fog affected needs additional fuel to support a divert to Munich

Last few times I used EZ to IBK, EZ made it into IBK (with delays because of fog) with 1-2 hours delay whilst they held at MUC but BA landed at Munich and bussed passengers from IBK to Munich Evil or Very Mad EZ provided food vouchers for delay but BA provided nothing.

Only gripe I have with EZ has been their last flight out of Zurich to Gatwick. Every time I have taken this flight it has been delayed by at least 1-2 hours - main reason is the plane works round Europe incurring delays at every stop. This resulted in it arriving at the wrong terminal (North) as South was closed! This got so bad, I started flying BA to LHR and accepted the extra time on the drive.
ski holidays
msej449 wrote:
Wow, what a mistake to simply report on what actually happened to me on a real flight. I've no more sympathy with people who try it on than anyone here, but I still think there is no excuse for rudeness to customers.

What was actually said then? Sounds to me like she got what she deserved.
ski holidays
msej449 wrote:
Wow, what a mistake to simply report on what actually happened to me on a real flight..

@msej449, you did that at the start and then went on to pass comment on the problems that you perceive with easyJet's baggage policy. You also expressed sympathy for the woman not knowing the policy when, as has been pointed out by me and others, it is made clear in various places. I wasn't there so cannot comment on what was said or how it was said by either party. There is no excuse for rudeness but if you've had a long day and someone is giving you grief and appears to be trying it on, then snapping back is a human reaction.

As I've already said; I fly virtually every week with easyJet. I've made some 90 flight in the last 12 months alone. If people read the rules and stick to what they have paid for, then it works absolutely fine.
snow report
msej449 wrote:
Wow, what a mistake to simply report on what actually happened to me on a real flight. ...

But you haven't reported on what happened to you, you reported on your perception of an exchange between two others.

What did actually happen to you? How were they rude to you?
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
msej449 wrote:
Wow, what a mistake to simply report on what actually happened to me on a real flight. ...

But you haven't reported on what happened to you, you reported on your perception of an exchange between two others.

What did actually happen to you? How were they rude to you?

I wonder if the OP is still standing by this:
Quote:
Clearly what's happening is that desk staff have to bear the brunt of their lack of clarity and have to deal with this repeatedly on every flight, so they get fed up and don't care what they say.

The above statement seems to be pure:

http://youtube.com/v/WUIe7SAHJaM
snow report
Gerry wrote:

I know, and this was the moment we had sat down, so it wasn't as if my daughter was playing up, not that she does on flights anyway, she has always been great. As we were in the front row kids can only sit in certain seats so she couldn't swap with me.

I wasn't going to move out of principle, but then my daughter very lightly touched her arm that was on the armrest as she moved, as could happen with any adult, and the woman went mental and started screaming and shouting. None of the passengers around me could believe what was going on, the Easyjet staff kept apologising to me for no reason whatsoever, and I ended up swapping with a couple in the row behind who offered to change seats.
ski holidays
Quote:

the woman went mental and started screaming and shouting.

they should have chucked her off the plane - like a drunk. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitters wrote:
Gerry wrote:

I know, and this was the moment we had sat down, so it wasn't as if my daughter was playing up, not that she does on flights anyway, she has always been great. As we were in the front row kids can only sit in certain seats so she couldn't swap with me.

I wasn't going to move out of principle, but then my daughter very lightly touched her arm that was on the armrest as she moved, as could happen with any adult, and the woman went mental and started screaming and shouting. None of the passengers around me could believe what was going on, the Easyjet staff kept apologising to me for no reason whatsoever, and I ended up swapping with a couple in the row behind who offered to change seats.

People like her disgust me.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

the woman went mental and started screaming and shouting.

they should have chucked her off the plane - like a drunk. Evil or Very Mad

Yep. And I'm sure the other passengers would have applauded and uploaded to YouTube. Wretched woman needs a tomahawk in the forehead.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy