Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying boots online versus in store

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@blahblahblah,Pah, I've only had 3 days on the snow (with most of that in the bar to be fair), already passed BASI L3, Eurotest and recently went past Ted Ligety when I snuck on to the course during his training run.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah , the Gold Flex 300 Lange downhill. They will fit you best.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ansta1, Hope you have the right Oakleys tho' bro'.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PeDaSp,
Quote:

You don't have to buy the boot, just because the fitter has spent time with you.

Unless you have pretty "easy" feet, you won't be getting properly fitted until you've bought the boots...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blahblahblah wrote:
@ansta1, Hope you have the right Oakleys tho' bro'.

Of course my choice of about 14 pairs, including some original 1990's eyshades, frogskins plus a couple of pairs of Raybans...

If I wan't to go really gnarly I get me Nordica NXT900.00, so stiff I have to put them in the oven at 190celcius for 6 hours before I put them on. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ansta1, Nice. You are TGR.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
blahblahblah wrote:
Green if you must know.

Your username should be 'bleughbleughbleugh' then!

Red is much better.

By the way I'm a level 9...but that's only because I'm realistically a 6 that's usually upside down Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnoodyMcFlude, Actually Charcoal with lime green detailing.

I found red a bit slow (and common) wanted Orange and black but was not fast enough.

Level 9!!! ( come on up it a bit) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM wrote:
scottydog wrote:
One of our fitters actually helped train some of the others mentioned, and supplied more advanced fitting equipment to them Very Happy

with the greatest respect I know that none of your fitters have ever trained any of my staff or supplied us with anything so i can only assume you mean the London based company (although i have to admit to that sounding a little strange)

We would never think of trying to teach you anything Colin, you can't teach an old dog new tricks wink Razz

Our fitting team and protocols have developed quite a lot recently, no doubt you will bump into some of them at the upcoming tests over the season...

Have a great season, hope its a busy one for all of us, and a comfortable one for those heading to the slopes!

ScottyDog (Who looks a much, much older dog than Colin and is impossible to teach unless treats are involved)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@scottydog, Scott, every day is a school day, and when i have all the answers i will be looking for a career change, i am a massive believer in learning, so new tricks can be learnt by anyone, with or without treats! right now the biggest challenge seems to be getting enough stock to see us through till the end....mind you we could just shut the doors and go skiing for a month Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

have a busy one
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Info:
My boots broke Feb 2015, have had them about 12ys felt like slippers.
So decided in March 2015, I would by a new pair from a store. I was 90minutes tried on about 5 pair (end of season so shop was nice & quite), after selecting they were moulded to my feet, & I was told if I have any problems I can exchange them, I assume they would then put them in to there hire stock.
I had thought about buying on line, but the service I received (even a free coffee), I am pleased I went there.
Now cant wait till January 2016.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@scottydog, a lovely politician's answer! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

At the beginning of this thread it was mentioned that liners that can be heat moulded would not mould 'naturally' over time.
IME this has happened to all my boots.

The shop that I use advised me not to heat fit as the 'natural' fit will be created whilst the boot is in use.
As I live out here and ski easily a minimum of 60 days (if I've suffered an injury at some point!) it doesn't take long for me to rack up the hours required for this to happen. So it certainly wouldn't affect or upset my holiday!

So, I had a pair of Atomic Hawks on their release year (when ever that was) and now am in season 3 (I think) of some Salomon Quests.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you go to the right fitter, they will also sell you some snake-oil to rub into your knees and ankles which will lubricate them and make your turns much better too.
Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy