Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What would be your dream drive to the mountains?

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks guys & gals for chipping in with a few ideas.
I think the most important thing is that you are on the way to the mountains ..
I was just trying to remember how I've got there.
I've hitch hiked to Damuls twice.
We drove down in a 1961 Beetle once .. we had to use a fairy liquid bottle as a windscreen washer.
Capri to the Feldberg
Sierra to the Bregenzerwald
Then I got lucky and had a Golf GTI
Then a GTI 16v
Renault 11gts (crap but did the job .. had fantastic winter tyres)
The the GTI 16v again
DiscoRecovery
BMW 7 series (disaster on new snow)
Then it became boring by plane
The weapon of choice at the moment is my VW van, but it only has 3 seats in the front ..and that's not comfy.

Music .. I have a few sound track albums which I love.
Pulp Fiction
Train Spotting
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.

I'd love to have a really good system where I could run Spotify from some easy to manage centre console.

Annecy is my favourite stop over.

if @eddes mates need a lift I'm sure I could help them out, not sure about the one on the right though..
She's probably had too much french onion soup.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

The BU5 4 DUB roolz OK!

1m90 from the back seats to the back doors, 4WD + Winter tyres, broadband and a dub-sound system U could cause avalanches with at 5km.
Trentemøller and Lulu Rouge were favourites over the past season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/T2NCbj71GME

skip to 09:30

It really is the best car in the world Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Best soundtrack. Talk Talk, the Colour of Spring

When I moved to Antibes a few years ago, that was the album that I rediscovered during the long drive down, along with Thievery Corporation's 'The Richest Man In Babylon' and '1965' by Afghan Whigs.

Car-wise, my old Mondeo 1.8TD got me up to Isola 2000 most weekends for a season, despite having a broken heater (had to stop at Galeries Lafayette next to Nice airport to buy a flippin' blanket on the way up), but I bet this would be a giggle: http://www.jeep.com/en/grand-cherokee-srt, though it'd probably cost about £500 each way in fuel alone. Plus another ten grand in depreciation.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

High Altitude Lawn Care
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For:
Loads of room to carry your toys.

Against:
Not much room for passengers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DrLawn, Who gives a monkeys about passengers when you have enough toys. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure the Ferarri is the right tool for the job. Some years ago we were driving down, still in Northern France but it was snowing so heavily that we were barely doing more than 30mph on the motorway. A Ferrari flies past us, and about ten minutes later we trundled sedately past it where it was parked in the central reservation facing the wrong way!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/QkjjtnwEXVM

Take one out in the snow - I have winter tyres on mine november-march and,honestly, there isn't a better drivers car for a road trip to the alps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Best drive I ever did was when we hired a minibus and 12 mates drove to the Alps. Amazing atmosphere as you start getting near snow.
It's not so much what you drive as who you're with.

+1

The route to the Alps is mainly motorway = 3.0+ Diesel estate car, the mountain roads = motorbike in the summer = something good to stand in a traffic jam in the winter.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@bobhitch, I guess the guy we saw didn't have winter tyres on then! Cos he definitely wasn't intentionally parked. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is summer mountain fun, 610kg and 225bhp

No radio just the exhaust notes Laughing

WP_000228
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Too heavy. Too much bass wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any drive to the Alps would be great if the Mrs wasn't banning anything diy/affordable on safety grounds!
snow conditions
Pigeon Dave has the right idea, you need some power and rear drive for the mountain roads.

Here's mine. Name the location!

snow conditions
Val Desire, best pic of a VX I've seen Toofy Grin
latest report
Can't name that one but Dave's is the top of the Col de Madeleine... but thats cheating 'cos I was there.

Mines the orange one. At <500kg and 190bhp it's made for the mountains.
So where's this?

snow report
"On days like these" by Matt Monroe, theme to The Italian Job, has to be on when start going uphill. I also have to take over the wheel as well.
latest report
What are these? Some sort of specials ... but which?
ski holidays
@DrLawn, http://www.furysportscars.co.uk/

I have a zetec, Adi has an R1 bike engine (but its an ex.BSB one). I think hes technically lighter than an F1 car and revs higher.
latest report
Audi RS6 Avant
Daytona Grey Matte
1. Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense.
2. Gomez - Every Album
3. Verdi - La Traviata
ski holidays
Quote:

DrLawn,
I'd love to have a really good system where I could run Spotify from some easy to manage centre console.

You appear to have a t5 so why not get an android based head unit for it?
snow conditions
[quote="Val Desire"]Pigeon Dave has the right idea, you need some power and rear drive for the mountain roads.

Morris Bar?
ski holidays
A Hymercar with six weeks of resort touring ahead.
ski holidays
[quote="oldmike"]
Val Desire wrote:
Pigeon Dave has the right idea, you need some power and rear drive for the mountain roads.

Morris Bar?

That's the one. Hadn't snowed that much, left it in the path of the snow blower.
latest report
BMW 330i Touring (with roofbox)

Leave Albuquerque at 5 am and hit Taos Ski Village by 9, get amazing views of the Rio Grande Gorge and the Sangre-de-Cristo Mountains, enjoy an early breakfast in Santa Fe. With the Cardigans "Love fool" playing on the stereo.

Done most of that, just need the 330 for the trip now, that would buy me an additional 30/45 minutes in Santa Fe.
snow conditions
I still dream about my best drive up into the mountains, the first with my BMW320D Touring, Nokian winter tyres, pouring down with snow, the wipers had difficulty keeping the windscreen clear, visibility down to next to nothing, 6-8 inches fresh stuff on the road and increasing as we climbed, I kept thinking that it was going to end in tears but it didn't. Biggest adrenalin fix of the holiday was the drive and not the skiing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy