Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Skis - which should I consider

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to purchase new skis and looking for some advice

Which skis should I consider purchasing??

Previously had all mountain skis - Salomon Tornado Ti's

Will ski anything on piste and now and then do a little off piste
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @1969jma I think those are similar to the skis I've been using for the last couple of years.
Salomon XT800 enduro with a bamboo thing.
They are very heavy, but they do hold.
I've been pondering for ages what do go for.
What I've chosen is a pair of Kneissl Black Stars, they work very well for me.
Its odd because its very difficult for us mere mortals to know what would be best for us, we have to rely on what other peoples opinions are.
I think the best way is to find a ski hire shop in the resort you ski in next time and "test & rent" a selection that you may fancy.
Its easy to be blinded by brand loyalty, but is that a bad thing? If we believe we are skiing on the best boards for us .. the confidence rubs off, and probably makes us ski better.
I made a list a couple of years ago that I had tested :
(this is purely personal ...and I bought the Salomon ones since)

Favourite skis of 2012
1) Kastle MX78 160
2) Salomon 24 hours Racing 162
3) Salomon XT800 enduro
4) Kastle MX88 Pretty good as well

Tried
Volkl RTM …....OK
K2 Charger 168 ….. OK

Must try:
Elan Amphibio 82xti in 177cm

did not like
BBR
Dynastar something
Rossignol something

Whenever I get a chance to test skis I do so I'm going to Hemmel Fridge on Saturday evening.
I've found on a few times that the skis I've tested I was glad to hand back and get back on the Salomons.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can get to a fridge to do a demo then go - nothing beats trying loads of different skis on the same day to really get a feel for the differences. If you can't do that and you want to buy now (maybe some bargains in last year's colour schemes) then tell us a bit more. What weight/height/style of skier are you? The more info you provide about what you do and what you're looking for in a ski the more answers you'll provoke. I think my Head Titans are great piste skis but they might not suit you at all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
look no further ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120537
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I test a whole bunch of Skis at my local Xscape, didn't do any research on any before I went just tested a several I spent most of a weekend trying them out. I like you was after a good Piste ski + maybe occasional off piste , so I've bought the Head I.Titans for me they were the clear winner. Turns out that I'm not the only one that thinks that they seem to be a very popular ski.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for the Head Titans.

Few things to clear up about them though. They are not an all mountain ski per se. They are advertised as a 90/10 Piste to off piste ski - Essentially they are fantastic on piste for charging round, brilliant in crud but have the ability to hope in ankle deep snow between runs or off the side of the piste. not good in deep stuff, but with an 80mm waist you wouldnt expect them to be - anything up to 4-5 inches and youll be fine.

I have a pair and absolutely love them. very fun and stable ski, and the one place you appreciate them more than any ski ive had is in crud, so so stable!!

I spend most of my time on very turny SL skis, and the Titans really impress me at how well they turn.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy