Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Olympic Savoie

Poster: A snowHead
Someone may have already posted this but I couldn't see it so just thought I'd let everyone know.

The lift pass offices have cancelled the Espace Olympic Savoie agreement between 3-valleys, Paradiski and Espace Killy meaning you can now no longer use your liftpass to get a free day in one of the other resorts during your stay.

Cancelled for holiday makers and seasonaires alike Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Puts paid to any more attempts at this adventure:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2012805
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent, the lift pass will be cheaper then....
Not!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
unfortunately not! La Plagne say

Cher Client,

Nous tenions à vous informer que le produit EOS (Espace Olympique Savoie qui permettait un accès gratuit à l’Espace Killy (1 journée)et aux 3 Vallées (1 journée) pour les clients munis d’un forfait Paradiski 6 jours et plus) crée l’année des Jeux Olympiques d’Alberville de 1992, ne sera pas reconduit à partir de la saison d’hiver 2015/2016.

Cette décision a été prise au niveau de toutes les stations des 3 grands domaines concernés (Paradiski, Espace Killy et 3 Vallées).

En conséquence, nous vous demandons de veiller à ce que cette information soit bien transmise à vos équipes et donc à vos clients et soit également retirée de vos communications clients (site internet et brochures).

Je reste à votre disposition si vous désirez de plus amples informations
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hah - just so they can flog the new premium product recently highlighted here. No great loss - think I've used it once. More of a blow for seasonnaires for whom it would be a nice little perk of having an awayday.

At least it explains the logic behind the Alpine Legends pass which we've already dissed
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=119352

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 17-07-15 14:28; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AdEOS!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes this is true. We talked about it in an earlier post. Very bad news for everyone. Many people are very angry so will have to see what happens next! Although I am not sure they will offer anything else to seasonaires. Makes it very expensive to ski in Les Arcs now.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Who are these many people - presumably not Joe Average punter who won't give a toss. Seasonnaires for whom visiting their mates becomes more expensive presumably.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just tried to get some sense out of the different offices involved in this change and they are being very difficult about giving any real information.

Bottom line right now is that the pass for season card holders will stop having the extra days in other areas unless you pay full price (this is what I have just been told) not sure if this is correct. More likely the extra days will not be offered, but right now they are not saying. The person I spoke with could say very little else. The weekly option will stop for sure and be replaced by the Alpine Legend pass which really IMO makes little sense for a 6 day pass.

More details to follow as I get them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've pm'd you back @snowcrazy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not good - hopefully the E-K and St Foy will continue their local arrangement.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowcrazy, why does it make it very expensive to ski in Les Arcs now?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chocksaway. No, right now i was told all the local agreements will stop. Very bad! I will know more after the weekend.

Gamsbock. In real terms for a day in another resort is worth 50euro approx. So if they do not reduce the cost of the lift pass by this amount you are paying more for the same number of days if you used the option in other resorts. For season passes this is worth more than 200 euros approx with all the reduced rates or free days you were given. That is why the season pass was such good value. If you did not use any of the options then it would not effect you so much. For those of us that like to go to many other places, this change will cost me more than 300 euros extra next season as i always use all the extra days and discounts.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But it doesn't actually cost you any more because you can spend the same by staying in your home resort if cost per ski day is important to you. What you've had is a complimentary extra perk withdrawn. It's highly unlikely to change anyone's season pass decision unless they introduce an alpine legends season pass in which case you'll be paying even more.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It doesn't make it more expensive to ski in Les Arcs though...
snow report
@snowcrazy, Ah well - back to the superU till receipt vouchers for St Foy - must keep a stock for the sHs coming to Tignes (again)
latest report
@chocksaway, Whats this about SuperU vouchers for Ste Foy please?
latest report
For me and many others I know it is all about value for money. If they are going to take away this special discount for other areas and replace it with nothing else then in real terms for those of us that always use the extra tickets and discounts to do the same thing again next season it will cost us more. I agree if you only ski in les arcs and have never used the extra days you will not feel you have lost anything. But the paradiski area has one of the most expensive ski passes in the alps and the extra days still made it good value for money. Without those deals it will be well over 1000euros for lift passes each season and over 300euros for 6 days if you want to go to another area. I hope they have something else in the plan. I shall be finding out and will post again when I have more info.

I will also look into the superu voucher. Not sure if it will continue. For those that did not know. It gave you discounted skiing in St Foy on certain days. You were given it when you did your shopping at SuperU in Bourg during the week you were in the area. Good idea.
latest report
@snowcrazy, I'm following your logic now Happy
snow report
Quote:

Without those deals it will be well over 1000euros for lift passes each season

will that be for a season pass for either Les Arcs or La Plagne?
snow conditions
@CaravanSkier, Last year it was a reduction from €30 to €20 for a day pass on Wed, Sat and Sun only - so not much use for your hol! Last year a 6 daypass was only €162 - so much cheaper than the big resorts and there were deals for families of 4 - check the main website when they launch this years prices - probably in October when they come back from their hols!
latest report
@chocksaway, Thank you, I`ll keep my eyes open. Some of us will be in La Plagne for a few days before we go to Ste Foy so I`m really looking to keep costs down!
snow conditions
@pam w, if they do not do the deals anymore then yes, the prices in Les Arcs and La Plagne are the same. I have not yet been able to speak with the person in charge as away on holiday. I will post when I have the correct info rather than add any more speculation. Hopefully have more news next week.
latest report
Good news for those that have not already heard.CDA the lift company owners will not be changing the season passes for next season, but you must order before the end of November. The Paradiski season pass will still include your free days in other resorts and the summer pass. You will get 25% discount by ordering early.

For those coming out for shorter periods or only wanting a local pass you will also get a discount. Passes are on sale shortly so go to the Les Arcs web page for full details. Hope this helps with your planning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy