Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine Legends Ski Pass

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/news/tarentaise-resorts-launch-alpine-legends-pass/

Seems a great idea, hope it actually happens.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Certainly gives people lots of choice in their 6 days. No mention of whether a similar thing is offered for longer durations - which I imagine would be more useful over such a vast ski areas.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm struggling to understand the value proposition of more terrain that you won't easily ski for more money that you could spend elsewhere?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Please God never use the term value proposition outside of an office conversation ever again. This is a safe place.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh dear name sounds quite exciting but if the reality is as UANN describes it it's pretty underwhelming for anyone who doesn't stay down valley with a car. It says it is taking inspiration from US passes without recognising entirely different market dynamics and visitation habits there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And pricing. Which has been the main driver in the US success
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Nadenoodlee, callow youth. It's perfectly valid language.

Just to expand now I'm in front of a proper keyboard (although Dave and Mike clearly got my point).

"for just a little more than a six-day pass in any of the one areas"

AFAIK, there isn't an easy, free, public transport way to get between those 3 areas. So if you actually want to take advantage of this "offer" you need a car. Or pay for a taxi. And given the extent of each of the areas, why would you want to anyway on your only 6 days skiing of the year?

And it's more expensive.

Dumb idea.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@Nadenoodlee, callow youth. It's perfectly valid language.

Just to expand now I'm in front of a proper keyboard (although Dave and Mike clearly got my point).

"for just a little more than a six-day pass in any of the one areas"

AFAIK, there isn't an easy, free, public transport way to get between those 3 areas. So if you actually want to take advantage of this "offer" you need a car. Or pay for a taxi. And given the extent of each of the areas, why would you want to anyway on your only 6 days skiing of the year?

And it's more expensive.

Dumb idea.

For dumb people, but the 'I'm an Alpine Legend' will entice enough egos to make it work.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
seems a gimmick to me as well, I did 3 seasons in meribel, and in all that time I left the 3valleys twice (for skiing purposes), both times to espace killy for a day and we only did that for a change of scenery on our day off end of the season and with free use of minibuses, so cannot see the point if only there for 6days, to much to do in each area to keep everyone happy!!!!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bit of a niche product, but no harm in that. Companies like Snoworks and Off Piste Skiing have week long courses that tour the major Tarentaise resorts, so that pass sounds perfect for that kind of week.

A season pass which covers those resorts would be very interesting...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As a skier who visits Les Arcs for about 20 days a year and rarely goes to La Plagne I cannot really see the point, but then at Easter this year I did go over the valley to La Rosiere for a day and really enjoyed it (There is a free shuttle bus from Bourg for those who do not want to drive). And It really makes a trip to Tignes and ski back to Champagny look a sensible day out.

If they want to take a leaf out of the North American book then perhaps ski any 6 days out of 8 might be a better idea. Does anyone know what happened to the Carte Skieur Frequent cards. Even the website appears to have disappeared.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:

Agree particularly if there was an an any 10 or any 20 option at appropriate price points.

Basically the US passes that do this sort of thing are either encouraging fly in weekenders or road trippers ( mountain collective) or giving you a season pass for less than or the same as a week of tickets if you commit in advance. At present though this pass is very very niche.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar,
Quote:

A very different proposition. And yes, if you ski in that neck of the woods regularly, live there, etc. yes, I'm sure it would. Much like the Valais ski card or the Aosta one, when you go seasonal, it makes much more sense.

For the average weekly holiday skier, not so much.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe a season pass for the Paradiski will also cover a day in Les 3 Vallées - that would be an improvement.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Charliee, it does, or did 2 years ago. I got 2 days in 3V and a further 2 days in EK.
ski holidays
...but not any more: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=119603#2740757
snow conditions
The Alpine Legends pass will not be available for the coming season after all. No explanation why, but it won't be for sale.
ski holidays
If I was to speculate it's either

a) They realised it was a tinpot idea in current form or

b) No one can agree or has systems capability to do proper revenue split

or both
snow conditions
Oh well now i can't get it i really want one !
ski holidays
It was certainly a niche product, and perhaps not worth the effort to make it work, either for revenue sharing or from an IT perspective. Although my season pass for Les Arcs gives me a couple of days each in 3V and in EK, I have to go to a sales desk to get a liftpass when visiting one of those areas. As far as I know, I can't physically use my Les Arcs pass to access the lifts when visiting the other domains so their IT systems don't fully talk to each other yet (although the Ski a la Carte programme does use a single pass for all those areas and more).
latest report
The link doesn't work for me ... Confused - it opens a story on Kitzbuhel skiing.

Here's the proper link:
http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/news/tarentaise-launches-alpine-legends-pass/
ski holidays
This was never going to make sense when it was cheaper to buy day passes for each resort than buy the Alpine Legends pass as a whole. It really would have only appealed to Americans coming over and now that Les 3 Vallees is not included in the Epic pass, it was probably a marketing tool to cover that. It just wasn't put together very well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy