Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot Tests

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whitedot Directors 171 - I have never skied with anything other than hire skis so initially it was difficult for me to know what I was supposed to look for or expect from a ski test. I found myself lodged with the extraordinarily lovely guys from Whitedot for the week so I had the privilege of quickly testing out the ski's through the week. I'm a cautious skier. I have about 6 or 7 weeks on snow in total and my ability is probably about 4 or 5 out of 10. I was a late starter and an average learner. Having skied my first reds and blacks about 4 years (just two trips) ago I made my agenda for this trip to work on tolerating higher speeds so that I'm not fighting gravity but allowing the skis to run longer so I don't have to work so hard to ski! I took my hire skis (Volkls) out on day one. It was okay but once that snow started to get even a bit slushy they were just getting knocked around and feeling very cautious at speed. It was 2 years since I last skied though so probably to be expected. Day two I took the Directors out and Andrew (Whitedot) commented how much more comfortable I was looking. I sort of noticed but wasn't completely clear as I was still finding my feet generally. On day 3 I took the Whitedot One's out. I liked them. They were definitely better than my hire skis but somehow for me didn't feel "special"...just okay. It was on day four that I really fully understood the significance of different skis. By now my skiing had improved as much as it was going to immediately and I had found my feet. So with it being day one of the ski test I was back to my old hire skis initially. First couple of runs of the day and I was skiing like I'd been on snow about a week! I was having one of those days where I was graceless, off balance, under-confident etc. SO I pulled into the ski test stand and got the Directors back for a formal "test". As I slid off down the hill it was like coming home. Up one lift and off. Suddenly I was skis facing down the hill and just surfing with wonderful certainty. No turns (just a green though)...picking up real speed at the bottom and then navigating some really bumpy stuff at the bottom with blissful ease. These skis felt like "LUXURY". They felt like a friend. Honestly...that moment..I actually felt a little bit emotionally overwhelmed....because I suddenly realised how much fun skiing could be....now WOULD be with these skis in my life. I connected with them as MY ski's. They were built for me. They were my brand. I loved loved loved them. I had come on this trip to get more comfortable with speed and these skis allowed me to do this. They were so solid and dependable that they allowed me to open up with confidence. I immediately headed up to a couple of red runs and they were just a dream. I heard some people say they weren't overly convinced by these skis on ice but honestly I found the same stability on steep and icy and I felt really confident to just turn them front down the mountain and trusted them completely to hold me when I put on the breaks/the turns, particularly on steeper stuff. I found myself quite easily skiing down reds rather than defensively "getting" down them, On a few occasions I pushed my skiing beyond my usual limits on these skis and ALMOST crashed but every time they saved me. An earlier review said some Whitedots were too easy but for someone of my ability it's exactly that that makes them so great. Luxurious and completely dependable is how I would describe them. As the snow went to slush later in the afternoon these skis handles this stuff like surfboards. Instead of getting knocked around by it they just surfed right through it. I met a few people on the trip who had Directors and loved them. They might not be for everyone.....those that like to be challenged might find them too safe but for pure enjoyment they are an absolute dream. Massive Thumbs Up for me for the Directors!!! Just try them...you'll love them too!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:
Cool

Can't you just feel the smug . . . wink

You want to PM me price for a pair with NTNs and Dynafit heels?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@foidster,

I'd be very careful if I were you. Just say no.

Whitedots are so addictive the Government is going to pass legislation to make them illegal later this year and quite right too. If you really must then buy the Directors while they're still available above the counter. Otherwise it'll require a trip to Chamonix and meeting some hairy, smelly guy with a strange accent down a dark and seedy alley followed by a midnight, high-speed RIB trip back across the Channel. I'm predicting Mexican/Columbian involvement before the end of 2016. Something needs to be done now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Big Paua, Ha ha....I think I might already be in over my head on this one. I guess I am already resigned to the inevitable fate! Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
foidster wrote:
@Big Paua, Ha ha....I think I might already be in over my head on this one. I guess I am already resigned to the inevitable fate! Smile

Pointless in resisting. I bought the preachers last year after Spyderjon persuaded me, and now ive bought a set of ranger carbons, wonder what ill buy next year...... Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big Paua wrote:
meeting some hairy, smelly guy with a strange accent

cheeky fecker Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dot.,

Coulda been worse...coulda been "hairy, smelly guy with an Australian accent"!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Big Paua, true Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy