Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How far do you ski in a week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2233081

This was quite a long day
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
janny wrote:

the one thing i'd say about Apps like Skitracks, though, is to wonder if they are reliable? Don't know but, e.g., i've tried Skitracks and it was still counting vertical whilst I was sitting still eating lunch....I've also cycled up a lot of mountains and a mate who was using a GPS app to track vertical ascent said it recorded approx 2 x the vertical we knew (from reliable published info) we had in fact ascended.....

GPS vertical measurement is rubbish compared to horizontal because the satellite geometry is compromised by them all being on the one side of what you are trying to measure. Add some mountains which obscure half the sky and its even worse then add the fact that the GPS units in mobile phones are cheap gewgaws for technological magpies and the result is a load of old toot. Try using an in car GPS on a tight hairpinned mountain ascent and it soon loses the plot and asks you to "turn around when possible".

I am quite surprised at how little horizontal distance some claim to cover. I have never bothered to measure how far I've covered with the assistance of gravity but have managed 35km in a day on nordic classic skis with some professional grade hot chocolate and lunch stops thrown in but I think this was because my willy had shrunk in the cold.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stew72 wrote:
After a superb week in the Dolomites last week.....i'd skied 210KM, which I was quite disappointed with.

That makes the lift pass expensive at about 1 euro per km of skiing. I had a similar figure for each of my weeks but we did have some lazy days. Next year will do a few more laps down to Ortisei to bump up the mileage.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some local guys just did 250km in just over a day.... without using ski lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Some local guys just did 250km in just over a day.... without using ski lifts

Now that's impressive......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy