Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIN settings for the more mature

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My new skis from Ekosport have the bindings properly set at 6.5 in accordance with the standard tables for someone of my age and boot size, so no complaints. BUT why when you hit the tender age of 50 do they suddenly drop it from 8 to 6.5?

I'm probably going to tweak them up a bit because I have been kicked out of bindings unexpectedly in the past while pushing hard. The question is by how much? Fingers crossed I've never badly hurt myself but I've only ever felt really shaken after one of these falls rather that the complete yard sale from a technique cockup.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The lowering of the binding on the recognised scale is down to the possibility of Osteoporosis - a condition causing weakening of the bones - that has the potential to increase damage if the binding is too stiff in a crash. The prevalence of this condition is supposed to increase at 50 onwards.

For what it's worth; when I hit 50 a year or so ago I knocked my binding down just by 0.5 rather than the drastic recommended decrease as an acknowledgment to the scale as I ski quite aggressively and also in powder - if I find any. Not sure if that is right or wrong according to "the rules" or other SHs opinions but it has worked for me so far and I'm old and ugly enough to make my own decisions Smile-
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tend to use this.

http://www.dinsetting.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just tend to set mine lowish and then increase by 1 or 0.5 if I get pre-releases. I'm 75kg and off piste if I am lower than 9 or 10 I have unexpected releases. The charts seem to be more for casual recreational skiers, if you ski a lot then you know all the factors that you need to take into consideration I.e. terrain, speed, leg strength etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I put mine up! Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy