Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
it's now less than 2 weeks to go before we head out to Belle Plagne, Hows the snow holding up so far?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lo-ridah, we're heading for soleil that week too - better be some for us!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
helenjane, the forecast for the coming week looks waay too sunny, hopefully it'll dump the day before we get there!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth, Hope you enjoyed the snow last week esp on Tuesday. I skied to Montalbert on Wednesday on mostly non-pisted runs. Still had a good lunch at the bottom ...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tessaventer, Yes I did indeed. Great wasn't it? Montalbert is the best kept secret in Paradiski..... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyway just back. Had a fab day Saurday skiing the whole of La Plagne area. Great snow around although avoid south facing Champagny runs after mid morning. Skied down to Montchavin and enjoyed great piste conditions all the way. Staying cold this week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth wrote:
tessaventer, Yes I did indeed. Great wasn't it? Montalbert is the best kept secret in Paradiski..... wink

Where, never heard of it!

Shhhh!

Lets keep it that way folks wink snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spent the day mostly around La Plagne. Conditions very Spring like; icy in the morning and heavy snow on sunny slopes in the afternoon. Most of the afternoon was spent around Champagny in the wonderful weather. The snow was mostly very good, not too heavy but soft enough for playing in the bumps quite happily. One slope, however, was suffering from directly facing the sun, and skiing like that was a bit like ploughing through elephant snot. Although the snow is holding up quite well, more will be needed when next week's masses turn up for the start of the school holidays. Fingers crossed...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
been back from Les Arcs two days now and that was horrendously icy. Vallandry area (Grilly and Reches runs) was the best by a mile.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow forecast weekend. May have to get my skis out and leave the board back in chalet!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth, be Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Finally met the famous Nadenoodlee! She won't need to work in a chalet to get to the snow next year, she can just write a best-seller and buy her own wink ...

Nearly didn't make it out today, but thanks to DG and a certain thread in Apres it seemed like a good option at the time Madeye-Smiley ...

So here's the report, a good day up at La Plagne and Montalbert, surprisingly few people, or maybe all the Parisians were still in bed or the bar or something...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, Shhh! Do not let the secret out!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, Ironically whilst you were in Montalbert, Mouth and co. were over in Les Arc and Villaroger, reporting that the best snow was in Montalbert ......as always Shocked oops!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, he definitely went to the parts that other Plagnards don't reach then! wink

Good conditions inbetween pistes around the 1600 and 1800 domains in particular over in Les Arcs, while heading down towards Montalbert there's no way you could venture off piste at the moment, it was a bit warm last week. Wherever you go at the moment in the Tarentaise snow is lacking, although La Ros is worth a trip if the snow that fell in La Thuile last week is holding up.
snow conditions
PG, "he" is a "she" and is back! Skied all way from top of Aiguille Rouge to Villaroger... almost non stop. Montalbert snow holding up very well
latest report
Mouth, Welcome back, I hope you have left some snow for me for Friday Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin, oh yes and have ordered some more for you. Just looked at PG's report and he went to Trappeurs! OUR restaurant.
PG, please tell us next time you are going to be there!
snow report
Mouth, Embarassed , oops, sorry Ma'am! Trying to sort a programme for the week... Want to go to La Thuile tomorrow if possible... how long are you out for this time?
ski holidays
PG, Am back now unfortunately. Sad Back out beginning March for 11 days though.
ski holidays
PG, I'll be there Saturday to Tuesday.
snow conditions
New words we have learnt in la Plagne today! Very Happy
The piste dept. has purchased a crop of new warning signs for the pistes Sad

Manque Neige

Plaques de Terre

Attention Neige de Culture

More snow is needed!! A huge dump is due on Weds/Thurs alledgedley snowHead
snow conditions
boredsurfin, next time, I'm having a non-skiing few days.... (have they removed/used all those huge fun piles of artificial snow on the way down the blue yet?)
snow conditions
Got back Sunday - think we used last of snow - sorry! Learnt how to grass ski with Len Silver (yes, he of Silverski) took us very unsocial skiing down a closed red just off the tunnel! Kids were amused though. Can't believe how much we covered - 21 of us aged 9 to 52, and didn't lose anyone! Montalbert truly gorgeous,views from glacier awesome. Thought I could only love Ros but am converted. Certainly found out all blues are not equal! Had the best week ever, Nadenoodle if you're still there give my regards to George and Mad Katie - they were fab. Ho hum, Samoens next year.
snow conditions
The snow high up is quite good now. Did north face of Bellecotte today top was good, like sping powder in places but look out lower down when it turns to breakable crust not fun. Did a few other off piste routes this week and same on them as well, high up is good most places. Lets hope the snow comes soon.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, we came across "Neige de Culture" when skiing down to Plagne 1800 a few weeks ago, and couldn't work it out! Our only conclusion was that it was not a pisted run - as we were up to our knees in snow!!Very Happy
latest report
tessaventer, only cultured people allowed on the piste wink
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:

More snow is needed!! A huge dump is due on Weds/Thurs alledgedley :sH:

Unfortunately it may be a huge dump of rain :(
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
(a rump ... or drain)
snow conditions
Freezing level seems to be forecast for 1600, maybe 1700m. Not good for lower resorts, hopefully not disastrous for higher resorts. Temperatures should fall from Friday onwards.
snow conditions
Sod all snow, but apparently we can expect some tonight, im staying in the pub, best place to be at the moment!
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, If you see George Woody and Katie there tell them huge thanks for last week, good job she's up for fire brigade humour!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, Think if you can pull yourself away from that bar it will well be falling now!
ski holidays
Was in La Plagne yesterday and snow is great, to deep to even think about. Let it keep on snowing the mountain needed it.
ski holidays
It would be amazing if someone could take some pics of the deep snow - I am sooo jealous of you lot who are out there at the moment!!!!
snow report
Right that is it - car is packed, passports present and we are off to catch the ferry from Dover. We are going to stay overnight at Reims and then the rest of the journey in the morning. I am aiming to arrive at La Plagne 1800 at around 5pm-6pm. I really hope that snow can hold off for that hour while I travel up the mountain and inevitably have to put chains on the car. Crying or Very sad

Hope that everyone else off to the Alps this week has a really good holiday - the snow conditions look ace!!!! snowHead

Cheers,

Little Angel Blush Very Happy
ski holidays
Shagloads of snow and will continue until tuesday apparently. Chains are a MUST! you're f%cked without them,

Nade
x
snow report
Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing The best snow report I have read all week Laughing

If you have no chains, then is getting f%cked a definite Little Angel
ski holidays
snowbunny, Laughing Laughing
I agree that it was a great snow report.
ski holidays
snowbunny, Trust a BUNNY to get hooked on F%cked wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy