Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Well after a load of snow last weekend, we're starting to get some nasty icy rocky patches, especially above Plagne Centre under the Funiplan. Conditions seem to be better over towards Champinoneneney and over in Bellecot and Belle Plagne. Just a little bit more snow and it will be great!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Nade!

I'm arriving there tomorrow midday (Plagne Villages/Soleil)...which chalet were you in? Might drop in to say hello if not too difficult to get there...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Nade... very nearly went up today, but it's a bit stony in places on the Les Arcs side and an instructor from Montchavin said it was worse over at LP... so I decided to give it a miss! Cedric, long time no see, hope you have a good one despite the lack of off-piste at the moment...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, I sent you a PM a while ago, did you get it or was it in your no-Internet access period? I thought you were cross with me for some reason...

It would be good to see you while I'm there, perhaps you can head over the Vanoise Express for a morning or afternoon, or I'll drive over to Bourg one evening with my parents and son?

I guess I'll spend more time with my son and look for some trees (any of those in LP?)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nade, thanks for the update. How is life in chalet Maxine? We are travelling to Plagne Soleil on Christmas Eve with a flight @ 5.00 am with a check in of 3 hours before then. They must be joking.

I guess the snow could be worse this early in the season so I'm thankfull for whats there already. Hopefully one more good snowfall will make it even better.

Merry Christmas to all.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
An update having just returned from a very brief but worthwhile trip! Skied La Plagne yesterday and a bit icy in places although did find some good bits. Went up Roche de mio and only a few runs open. Bit stoney in places. Bellecote glacier was closed - but it has been open. Have to say snow in Montalbert was better than La Plagne probably cos less skied and its aspect. Did a couple of off piste areas and gullies but more snow needed to make this worthwhile.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cedric, thought I'd replied? In fact I'm sure I did! Never mind, give me a call on 06 82 83 93 43 sometime...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Im in 1800- Chalet Maxine, opposite Loup Blanc and the 1800 chair! I heard it was supposed to snow on Tuesday from the man himself, Len Silver, so it must be snowing!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee, Good to hear from you Nade...how are you getting on, apart from the p!ss ups Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nade we would come over to see you but the snow is so much better in Montalbert Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
Went up as far as Aime La Plagne this am. Snow far too stony so came back to the superior conditions around Montalbert Blush snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, Absolutley no excuse whatsoever.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey, anyone stayed in Chalet Topaz yet?? First visit to LP coming up beg of Feb - need insider info!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
helenjane, We used to pass it on the Meleze chair every morning Fantastic positon for the skiing but looks like a mean climb to get to the chalet. We did feel sorry for the staff having to haul food etc up those steps. Walking boots for the transfer. Easiest way to civilisation would be to all buy a cheap bum sledge step out the front door and slide down the piste into the village centre.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks frosty, bum boards in loft so will pack as usual!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great day mostly around La Plagne, having set off with no plans to head for that part of the Paradiski domain. As a result we only arrived on the LP side of the Vanoise Express around 12, but still had plenty of time to get as far as the Chiaupe glacier on Bellecôte and ski around Belle Plagne and Plagne Bellecôte, taking it pretty easy, before heading back to les Arcs. Stopped regularly to take photos with the new toy too, as you can see in the blog...

... ...

Left - from the Roche de Mio ... Centre - the summit of the Mont Blanc ... Right - from the bottom of the Chiaupe glacier (click on thumbnails to open higher resolution photos in separate window)

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 30-12-05 10:07; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
Excellent Blog, hopefully there is more snow coming tonight and over the next couple of days.
latest report
Excellent Blog, hopefully there is more snow coming tonight and over the next couple of days.
latest report
PG, nice blog and great zoom shots. All hand held or do you have a mini tripod or something to prevent shake?
snow conditions
kuwait_ian, all hand-held - the zoom lens has automatic 'vibration reduction', can virtually eliminate shake down to 1/8th exposure apparently!
ski holidays
PG, Wow. Impressive shot of the Mont Blanc Summit. That's about 70 miles away (as the crows fly) IIRC.
latest report
PG, Wonderful pictures, excellent blog. I bet you are happy with your new camera.
latest report
snowbunny, It's great... although I've still got to persuade Mrs PG that it was worth the price of a small car Confused
snow conditions
Hi PG, love the shot of the old stand-up lift, remember using this after skiing the north face of the Bellecôte. All great pics, hope you get some snow over the new year.
snow conditions
Nice photos PG, well worth the risk of frostbite to get them!
ski holidays
nice photos, just hope there is plenty of snow left when i get there on monday...
ski holidays
the_fatadder, I don't think you could have timed it any better not so far this season anyway. you lucky snowHead
ski holidays
PG wrote:
snowbunny, It's great... although I've still got to persuade Mrs PG that it was worth the price of a small car Confused
Or even a fairly decent large one wink . Which would you rather break PG,the arm or the camera ?
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I won't tempt fate, I'm apprehensive enough on my skis as it is at the moment. The way these things are built falling on my back would definitely not be a good move.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My good mates Gorgeous George and Katie run Chalet Topaz, with Dangerous Dave and Mike as social skiers. 83 Steps in all I think!!

I skied over around Bellecote and Belle Plagne today, before coming back into 1800, gorgeous snow, blue skies! Perfect!!
ski holidays
Thanks Nade - should probably do some quads exercises before we come out, if only to get indoors!
ski holidays
Keep the posts coming - we're there from the 14th!! Any more snow due this week?
ski holidays
tessaventer, nothing until Friday night, then snow - if light falls only - expected for a few days.

EDIT - the front is expected to move in 24 hours earlier now, Thursday night, not huge snowfalls though...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 3-01-06 15:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Got back from La Plagne on new years eve. Had a great time and met some fine people in the chalet. Early in the week had blue skies but turning a bit cloudy after lunch later in the week. Pretty cold though at -18 to -20'ish, never had such cold feet before. I might try PG's tip (in another thread) about not wearing ski socks, I did think of this when out but did'nt try it, or Easiski's tip of wrapping survival blanket material in the boot. Found some powder and good off piste in places. Also managed to find out how fast I skied when someone had a GPS thingy, we reached 55 mph on the Dunes down to the Arpette restaurant. We left early Satruday morning and snow had been falling from late pm the day before. Great for anyone there this week, enjoy.
latest report
Lots of Snow still, pretty much skied out though down to 1800. Had a gorgeous day messing around at the top of the Roche de Mio, even managed a mogully black, with little grace or poise, but I got down!!!

No snow last night, thank god as i had to go to Bourg this morning- got my shopping down to 1hr! Result, but i hear theres snow coming tonight!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, hope Super U wasn't too crowded, had to go there on Xmas Eve for the few last minute bits that had been forgotten, what a zoo. If you can get a week's shopping down to one hour you're definitely on top of the job. Next thing you'll be getting the guests to clean their own rooms!
snow report
David@traxvax, When we stayed next door to Nadenoodlee, Silver Ski staff awarded in funsize choccy bar to anyone who made their own bed. I made all 4 beds in our room Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, heh heh heh. Why does that not surprise me in the slightest Wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, you can definitely stay at chalet le mouflon!
snow conditions
David@traxvax, I will one day. Very Happy
snow conditions
David@traxvax, We had one of your staff- Matt ( i think) his family where out here in Maxine last week- made their own beds and everything!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy