Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Nadenoodlee, did they get the choclates?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just got back from the resort this afternoon,
conditions at the begining of the week were amazing, with shed loads of powder (well shed loads in my book, as someone who hasnt ever seen fresh powder before...)

now at the end of the week rocks are really starting to show through on most reds (as well as a fair few blues.) Allready got a couple of quite deep cuts into my new skis bases, but it could be worse. (two of my mates managed to cut through to the core on a rock at the top of the GS race mid week, one of which was on her new GS skis for the first time.

best snow at the moment is on the champany (sp) side of the mountain, where there are much fewer rocks (just a couple of lose stones on the reds) and much nicer snow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the_fatadder, This time last year you would have said " The snow is now starting to peep through on some of the rocks".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nadenoodlee, Chalet Maxine... must be the only one in 1800 without the name written anywhere on the building! No one (French) in the entire village has heard of it! The owner of the Loup Blanc included...

Anyway tracked it down eventually - I think- by which time there was no one around, or at least no one answering the bell (around 2.30pm)...

Another time!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Update on snow conditions please? Any forecast for the coming week?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tessaventer, Coming week, cold but not a cloud in the sky. It will be fantastic.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG wrote:
Nadenoodlee, Chalet Maxine... must be the only one in 1800 without the name written anywhere on the building! No one (French) in the entire village has heard of it! The owner of the Loup Blanc included...

Anyway tracked it down eventually - I think- by which time there was no one around, or at least no one answering the bell (around 2.30pm)...

Another time!

Perhaps if you had asked around for Nadennodlee you would have got a better response Very Happy wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back yesterday, it was great still plenty of snow and lots of runs that have no issues, some of the popular blues had the odd place where conditions were not good but on the whole its great. If you go off piste there is still lots of powder and trails that are untouched, ask your chalet host they should be able to help.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:
Perhaps if you had asked around for Nadennodlee you would have got a better response Very Happy wink
Or maybe her real name, anyway! They're all off skiing in the afternoon, so I didn't expect to see her or anyone else in the chalet which appeared to be all locked up... if it was the right one!
This it, Nade?

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would that be Le Petit Chaperon Rouge in the distance?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, I dont think thats it PG. If you ski down to the 1800 chair, on to Le Loup Blanc, and then walk up the path to the right on to the main rd. Walk down the road to the left for about 50 metres and on the far side of the road you will se a very large double fronted building in much lighter wood on the roadside. As you look at it the right half is Chalet Maxine (left half is Chalet Jasmine). I am surprised Le Loup Blanc folks dont know it,its just about the closest chalet to the place.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi guys! im off to plagne montalbert in a couple of weeks time and im jst wondering wt are the conditions like in the paradiski area ? (la plagne,Les Arcs) Thanks in advance
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
danskiing,
Quote:

montalbert
Nice place, but frequented by some very dodgy characters. It would be greatly appreciated if you could seek out the new snowhead property owners of Montalbert, befriend them, get drunk with them, and then vomit on their sofas as a gesture from all those who HAVEN'T just bought an appartment there.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Aren't you supposed to be in LesMenuires??
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
danskiing, it was fine in Montalbert yesterday, but who knows, two weeks is a long time in snow predictions...

In fact there were far less rocks among the tree-lined runs of the lower Montalbert domain then elsewhere, recent low temps have kept the snow in good condition and the village itself was pretty quiet...
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, LOL snowHead
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, who said the spirit of northern generosity had died?
snow report
PG wrote:
danskiing, it was fine in Montalbert yesterday, but who knows, two weeks is a long time in snow predictions...

In fact there were far less rocks among the tree-lined runs of the lower Montalbert domain then elsewhere, recent low temps have kept the snow in good condition and the village itself was pretty quiet...

Just as it was around Christmas ......... must be the Norm Very Happy snowHead
snow report
boredsurfin, Razz Razz Razz Razz sshhhhhhhhhh
ski holidays
Mouth,
M Very Happy T Very Happy W Very Happy T Very Happy F Very Happy S snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
boredsurfin, Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
snow conditions
Get drunk sounds very good to me bt the idea about being sick on the sofa's sum how i dnt think tht would go dwn well wen my dad lives out there from january till march!If any of u guys live out in montalbert u may kno him.I hav heard from my dad tht the pole in the nightclub(if u cn call it tht) has gone which is very disappointing after lst years end of season party was a gr8 night bcoz of tht pole.
ski holidays
Mouth, Alarm on for 2am. 6am MCR-Lyon. Toe down will be in order.
boredsurfin, I think you got forcast just right. but shouldny it be L M M J V S wink

See ya Very Happy snowHead

PS had to top & tail my RX8s to get them in my old Fischer Ski bag Shocked
latest report
Any updates on the weather for the coming week, guys?
snow report
tessaventer, Sunny. No snow forecast yet. Am off on Saturday. Will update this thread if this changes... weather that is
snow conditions
Anyone got an update on snow forecasts for the coming week?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 10-01-06 15:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
sorry for some reason my post didn't show before!!
snow report
tessaventer, Yes it did!! Sunny. No snow forecast yet. Am off on Saturday. Will update this thread if this changes... weather that is
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tessaventer, the front moving through the UK at the moment has very little chance of getting to the Alps unfortunately with the big block of high pressure in place - its possible that may move a bit to allow something through but I wouldn't hold out much hope. That high pressure looks like its going to stay around for at least the next four days and I wouldn't like to guess any further ahead than that. We could really do with it shifting away to allow some of the low pressure systems coming across the atlantic to get through the UK and down to the Alps - bit of a sense of déjà vu from this time last year really - anyone know where skanky's got to this year Laughing
ski holidays
This shot of the Salla chair heading up to the Arpette, just taken. Not a cloud in sight I'm afraid, but at least it's staying cold and the snow's in good condition, except on a few very steep runs.

On the full resolution picture I could see that there was hardly anyone on the chairs.
snow conditions
PG, Thats not it!!! im just above Loup Blanc!! If you walk up the track from LoupBlanc, im on the left- massive chalet with balconies, to the left of the Ski World Chalet! Next time!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, Chalet Maxine on this page?
ski holidays
Amazing that the little white-haired lady that runs the Loup Blanc hadn't an inkling where it was!

Up the track in which direction? Up the slippery footpath to the one-way road that heads into 1800?

By the way, it was the guy at the Sport 2000 shop up the road in 1800 that told me Silver Ski was a customer and the little chalet I photographed was the one!

What's the best time to call by?
snow report
PG, We are in Montalbert from Satirday for a week moving in so if you are around doing slalom or something similar then pop by - the new building as you enter the village
ski holidays
Hey folks! only 3 weeks till i am once again in montalbert Very Happy Is there much snow and how much am i looking to be charged for a two week lift pass ? Thanks in advance
latest report
I see that from the six day SCGB site that snow is forecast for next week - 21 cms on Wednesday!
latest report
Tell me about it! Have big lorry with furniture arriving Tuesday pm - help!
snow report
Whoa, its been snowing loads for the past é days- conditions are excellent!!! its stopped snowing now, but according to Jerome- the fittest esf instructor in La Plagne, its going to snow like a tempest, whatever that means!

Still having a great time, my skiing is improving no end- as are my bog fairy skills!!

PG, will PM you my french mobile number now
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, How is the Tea Bag mountain holding up? I am back out on Tuesday if resupply needed. Toofy Grin
snow report
Bernard Condon, Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps is my current craving, French crisps are bogging! Luckily Tetley Mountain is holding up well, the bosses sent out 2 vans full at the beginning of the season!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy