Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eva Walkner, 2015 Freeride World Tour over all champion on her comeback year.

Poster: A snowHead
So stoked. What a comeback from ACL injury and Eva on her Preachers got the number 1 spot in Chamonix.
http://freerideworldtour.com/calendar/swatch-freeride-world-tour-2015-chamonix-mont-blanc-north-face
Her run here (second half of this clip)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fgg5h_fwt15-run-of-elodie-mouthon-fra-in-chamonix-mont-blanc-fra_sport

FWT15 - Run of Elodie Mouthon - FRA in Chamonix... by FreerideWorldTourTV

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 23-03-15 22:46; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dot., Awesome result, congratulation's must also go to the ski manufacturer Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dot., awesome, she's done great after such a long lay off and all that hard work!

Great advert for your brand, looking forwards to hitting St Anton next Saturday with my Ranger CL's and Rag CL's!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just shows the range you have - its not all powder killers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, have a great trip mate.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dot., Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You beauty Eva. 2nd place Fieberbrunn. Preachers on the FWT podium twice in 2 weeks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dot. wrote:
You beauty Eva. 2nd place Fieberbrunn. Preachers on the FWT podium twice in 2 weeks.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Her run today

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g2feh_fwt15-run-of-walkner-eva-aut-dachstein-in-fieberbrunn-kitzbueheler-alpen-aut_sport

FWT15 - Run of Walkner Eva - AUT (Dachstein) in... by FreerideWorldTourTV
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Congrats to Eva and Whitedot snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And another podium. Eva and her Preachers take 2nd in Andorra on the FWT. Still rocking that golden bib.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h3wk2_run-of-walkner-eva-aut-swatch-freeride-world-tour-2015-in-vallnord-arcalis-and-by-the-north-face_sport?start=3

Run of Walkner Eva (AUT) - Swatch Freeride... by FreerideWorldTourTV
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very Happy so pleased for you
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have watched her on Eurosport ( still to watch the Andorra run, not sure if it has been on yet as I have them linked for recording ) but again congrats she is skiing amazingly snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
She's a legend for sure Very Happy
ski holidays
Eva Walkner. Freeride World Tour overall champion 2015. A comeback? that's an understatement.

Shameless plug, Whitedot on top of the world.
snow report
@Dot.,

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Congrats to Whitedot and Eva on a winning partnership snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
@Dot., just brilliant by Eva.....WD #1. You guys stuck by Eva when she was in rehab, well done you, awesome skis and pleased for you all. Enjoy it, Carl and Adam too Smile
snow report
Eva sent me this message
"the ragnarok was awesome today! was not easy to ski, from really tracked and bad snow, to almost ice in the little couloir, to the best powder i probably ever skied (i was so stoked in that pow section that i missed my last cliff) the ragnarok did an awesome job so happy!!!! thanks for your amazing support in good and also bad times "

Quote from the FWT website
EVA WALKNER (AUT) CROWNED WORLD CHAMPION 2015 AT HISTORIC EVENT IN ALASKA Silvia Moser (ITA) and George Rodney (USA) win in skiing – Shannan Yates (USA) and Sammy Luebke (USA) win snowboard

Quote from Eva on FB
Freeride World Tour Champion 2015! I worked my a55 off for this Title! Still can´t believe it!
Time to say thanks to all my friends, family, doctors, physiotherapists, trainer, mental coach and of course to my sponsors who made it possible that i could focus on my goals - on training, physio, skiing and coming back stronger than before. THX to all of your nice Facebook Messages ... i had "pipi" in my eyes when i was reading them wink emoticon Can´t tell you how much it means to me! Big hug from AK and see you soon in Verbier!

ski holidays
@Dot., I second that regards the Rags, just wish I could ski them like Eva! The way she ripped that pow at the bottom shoulder section after the couloir was fantastic, big glacial views in the background, fantastic photography. Enjoy the moment!
ski holidays
What a season. Whats even more spectacular is that she achieved this on her comeback season after serius injury in the 12/13 season. Yup spam alert. That's the world title belt around her trusty 189 Preachers.

ski holidays
@Dot., Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@Dot., publicity doesn't come much better that this in your game eh? Enjoy it, well done To Eva and all at WD.
snow report
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead what a great read. snowHead
ski holidays
@Dot., an amazing achievement for Eva, but maybe an even more amazing achievement for Whitedot.

To come from nothing and in just a few years, up against the big boys, and create a ski that now graces podium after podium in the highly competitive world of freeride skiing is an incredible feat. What next, champagne proof top sheets.
latest report
Allow me to add my congrats to both the skiers and the firm Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Damn the girls on fire. Leading this year also with a 2nd in Andorra and just won in Chamonix. Mega comeback!!!!

http://youtube.com/v/T6tC_eA4Xno&feature=youtu.be
snow conditions
@Dot., Awesome, and what an ambassador for WD!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dot.,

Fantastic news snowHead
ski holidays
Watched the Cham highlights and easy to see why she won. She charges hard! And the Preachers can take it.
snow conditions
Eva's rad - she's like the Lindsey Vonn of freeride the way she charges.
ski holidays
probably not a popular train of thought im guessing, but does no one find the freeride tour terribly dull!? The judging format culls any real attempt to add any individuality to runs by penalising any falls to the extent that it just becomes a straight run top to bottom.

Linecatcher is so much more interesting to watch imo....
snow conditions
@eddiethebus, I know what you mean, but personally I'd rather watch Heitz, Anthamatton and Fabio Studer shred hard but in full control and with style, than watch people taking too big risks, pushing it too far with arms waving all over the shop, and blowing up.

I think the current judging is necessary for safety. Compare it to the qualifiers where so many people are really Be Nice please! themselves up to try and win (Jules Zenzmaier currently in an induced coma after the Les Arcs stop)... Control is 100% necessary in freeriding, and I think it's right that it should be included in the judging.

I do love Linecatcher though, and the Skiers Cup - but they specifically include freestyle rather than being (supposedly) pure freeride...
snow conditions
@eddiethebus, I really enjoy watching it - but it's much better to watch there/in person than on TV - then you really get a sense of the scale of what they're doing, how tight and steep the lines can be etc. I think it loses a little of the real drama on camera. I still like watching it online though - I know I can't ski like that, and I'm amazed by the skill that's shown.
snow report
fixx wrote:
@eddiethebus, I really enjoy watching it - but it's much better to watch there/in person than on TV - then you really get a sense of the scale of what they're doing, how tight and steep the lines can be etc. I think it loses a little of the real drama on camera. I still like watching it online though - I know I can't ski like that, and I'm amazed by the skill that's shown.

yeah, I've watched it in Chamonix a number of times just to support certain people and agree. Watching it online its easy to find yourself thinking "i could do that!" but when you put yourself on the same face its very different.

I think it bums me out that Camille the local from Chamonix really tries to go big, he's the best snowboarder to watch (imo), but gets penalised so heavily most of the time.

I've ridden with a few pro's who just blow your mind, but the freeride tour just seems to stifle and restrain them rather than allow them to flourish.
snow report
Another win for Eva. This time on Ragnaroks.
http://freerideworldtour.com/calendar/swatch-freeride-world-tour-haines-alaska-2016?video=133&tag=2312
snow conditions
@Dot., awesome result, she skies hers nearly as good as me.....ill try those cliff jumps on mine this weekend in Arlberg!

When you going to get Stefan Häusl signed up to WD too?!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy