Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain lurgy is there a cure ?

Poster: A snowHead
Not so sure about the gels? Proper hand washing (I carry tissues in my pocket for hand drying etc) is a really good thing but I've never been sure that about the gels. Most of them seem to only kill bacteria and leave most virus` untouched. In killing the bacteria do the gels kill some bacteria that might be active against the virus`? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CaravanSkier, Your way over thinking this

Just drink Whisky to the point where some or all of it spills on your hands due to your inability to stand up straight - problem sorted Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PaulC1984, Its a problem I often have (over thinking that is) and I quite concur with the cure Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CaravanSkier, Only issue is when you hit the floor, its filthy, so you have to start the whole process again - torture Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PaulC1984, Indeed Laughing rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CaravanSkier, gels are widely used in hospitals
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I accompanied my DiL to a chemotherapy session and the very experienced nurse who did it was washing hands in gel constantly - and snapping gloves on and off too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://homefoodsafety.org/wash/which-is-best-hand-sanitizer-or-soap-and-water

This is what I have always believed too, that hand gels/sanitisers are meant to be a 'top up' not an 'instead of'.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
http://homefoodsafety.org/wash/which-is-best-hand-sanitizer-or-soap-and-water

This is what I have always believed too, that hand gels/sanitisers are meant to be a 'top up' not an 'instead of'.
I guess that's why, in hospitals I've visited lately, there have often been double dispensers, with the wash gel and the sanitising gel side by side.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pedantica, I expect so yes. Especially as the gels have been found to be ineffective against viruses like Norovirus, precisely one of the viruses you would typically want to avoid in a hospital setting.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rather miffed that this lurgy is hanging around for so long. Chest hurts from coughing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pretty sure this is flu and not just cold, It's going to be a long drive to Arabba tomorrow. OH is off to pharmacy for more drugs (we normally bring them all home with us). Can hardly summon the energy to pack.

. @VolklAttivaS5, of course it is, and I would use soap if my hands were visibly dirty, but if there is only a damp dirty hand towel, and i don't know what is in the soap dispenser, I'm going to use gel (and a tissue) every time.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Weathercam,

Just use a condom.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hells Bells, don't you find the hand gel irritates your skin more than washing your hands with soap and rinsing it off well with water would do? Because of the alcohol content of the gel?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Chest hurts from coughing.

Sad that doesn't sound much fun.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, no.I've got a surfactant allergy. I am not constantly using the gel only when away from home.
ski holidays
I came down with a lurgy on the Birthday Bash last year. Anyone who had the misfortune of sharing a room with me would agree it was a rather angry cough. Think it was bronchitis which of course was exacerbated every time I went out in the cold air. Not great on a ski holiday!

In my case I think it was partly caused by the mad scramble to finish everything at work and have my house perfect before I left for a month long trip and subsequently becoming run down before the trip even began. This was followed by a long haul flight and inevitable jet lag.

This year I made an effort to be more relaxed before I left and it seems to have worked so far.
latest report
Always the way loads of stress trying to finish things ( only to start it all again when you return) then all stop relax boom and that's when the virus's hit. The old old story I'm afraid the answer give up work and skii all year 😄
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy