Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What a tool!

Poster: A snowHead
TTT wrote:
@kesone1, v predictable. wink I think you will find some people are agreeing with me and they are called judges, lawyers and the EU. You are indeed right that the Daily Fail and Xenophobes don't agree with me but anyone with a brain, morals and an understanding of the law does. This guy thinks he know better than FIS and ski instructors. I don't think I know the law better than judges. That is the difference. You will have to do better than that, a lot better;-)

Couldn't resist it!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fair enough Happy I don't have a problem with taking a lone stand. If my views coincided with the Mail, UKIP, Boris Johnson, xenophobes and a bunch of fruit cakes then I'd be worried. That it doesn't bother them says it all. Being wound up is the least they deserve wink.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
Is that really too long to wait, especially if the skier in front of competent and already travelling at a reasonable speed?

If the skier in front is competent and travelling at a reasonable speed, its highly likely that they'll be fairly easy to pass and this situation won't arise. Most problems arise when there are less competent skiers travelling at very slow speeds.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bezthespaniard wrote:
At 10 seconds an unseen pole in the piste appears, blocking any turn right. At this point, a wide move right would be suitable but the pole is small and stops this......

I actually think the pole causes the issue here as it changed what was available to the Go Pro guy.

It's only Go Pro footage. In actuality the pole would have been visible much sooner to Go Pro boy. A pretty dangerous pole if it's only visible in the last second.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure it would. Seems to blend in pretty well with the dark clothes of the beginners. What's certain is that whoever put it there at that angle is challenging GoPro guy and the ESF instructor in the tool stakes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fullenglish wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Is that really too long to wait, especially if the skier in front of competent and already travelling at a reasonable speed?

If the skier in front is competent and travelling at a reasonable speed, its highly likely that they'll be fairly easy to pass and this situation won't arise. Most problems arise when there are less competent skiers travelling at very slow speeds.

I think you mean "If the skier behind is competent" and "most problems arise when there are less competent skiers travelling at high speed" don't you?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doh!! - I bit again!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stuarth, has it got a bitter aftertaste??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
By way of balance, we had a lift incident with an ESS instructor last Tuesday, which goes to show the ESF do not have a monoply on being idiots.
As we approached the Tetes drag from Torgon towards La Chapelle @ around 3:45 PM, there was a really long queue, at the front of which was a large group of children.
The lift has alternate buttons and T bars on the same cable, and 2 gates, one for the buttons, and one for the T-bars. There was an ESS instructor stood across the entrance to the T bar side, who was shepherding the group (16+ kids) into the button entrance. My son (12) decided that we should ride the T-bars to save time, as he went to go through the T-bar entrance, the ESS instructor put his pole across in front of him, and said in a northern accent "Where do you think your're going sonny?" My son is not good with authority (bad parenting Wink ), but luckliy he is more eloquent than I. He said has was going to use the T-bar, and it it would not delay the instructor's group as they wre using only the buttons, furthermore he pointed out that by him blocking the T-bar side, the lift could only run at 1/3 of its potential, which is why there was such a massive queue.
After I pushed past him, I was followed by about 10 French people, who were muttering insults in French, and then he announced in his loud northern brogue that people who were going to use the T bar could go though, as if trying to make out that it was some genius decision he had come to by himself, and furthermore that it was up to him to decide.
As we got off at the top, there was another instructor unloading the children, and to her credit getting them away from the unloading area whihc is quite narrow. Whilst clipping back into my binding I overheard one English voice speculating that the reason the guy worked for the ESS was that he did not have the Eurotest. This speculation is somewhat disingenuous, but if there was a common sense test, then he would definitely have failed.
The other thing which troubled me was: which ESS was he from ?? If he was from Torgon he would have known that what he was doing on the lift was definitely NOT OK, but if he was from Morgins (next closest Swiss resort), then I have no idea how he wqas going to get 20 or so kids back from there to Morgins in 45 minutes, especially as their standard was so low that they could not even ride a T-bar.
If you see an ESS group in the Torgon area PdS, who are under the charge of a middle aged northerner - my advice is to go the other way.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

If you see an ESS group in the Torgon area PdS, who are under the charge of a middle aged northerner - my advice is to go the other way.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still think that the instructor was in the wrong for punching. Anyone know what happened after all of this?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wouldn't call it a punch, more of a poke.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bezthespaniard wrote:
Still think that the instructor was in the wrong for punching. Anyone know what happened after all of this?

Yeah TTT flounced off when she realised she was on dodgy ground, and though she still lurks ( i have evidence i believe) wouldnt dare post under the TTT moniker.

Oh sorry you were asking about the other thing. Sorry Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think the skier met up with his friends and moaned about how he was bullied by a group of beginners on a beginner slope.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Still think that the instructor was in the wrong for punching.

+1. Even though the go-proer was a tw@. As my mother used to say, 'two wrongs don't make a right.'
snow report
Just a reminder that punching someone is never right
ski holidays
In case we'd forgotten in the last 4 years?
latest report
@adithorp, Laughing
snow report
That classes as a punch nowadays? Pah.......
snow report
The guys with the camera is a complete idiot. There is no excuse for skiing like that on a narrow piste when you don't have control.

In Les Gets a child was skied into over new years, he's now brain dead.

I would have put my ski pole out and hope he fell over, because the only other thing that would have stopped him was a person.
latest report
Just realised this was published 5 years ago. Hopefully he's had a lesson or 10 since then.
snow conditions
Well done to the instructor imho.....I'd've clumped the bloke too
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy