Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What a tool!

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/aH3POlfcan8
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The uphill skier was in the wrong as he should have avoided the lower skier. However, he was not skiing overly fast and it is fair to say events conspired against him. However the deliberate punch from the instructor is utterly unacceptable - I would have been tempted to wait for him at the bottom and call a gendarme.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, what a complete tw@ shame on you Esf Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway, they didn't stop when they hit the first one, or the second. They were clearly skiing too fast for their ability to stop. The instructor starts shouting that he can't do that where he is and is ignored. Clearly he thinks the individual was too fast/out of control.

A gentle cuff that didn't even knock them off their skis is entirely reasonable in the circumstances, IMV.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think heat of the moment took over, the cuff probably wouldn't have gone down well in the Esf office, but the skier doing the vid was so in the wrong. We also don't know what carnage he left behind. I would probably have done something similar if he did that to my kids.

He made no attempt to stop or say sorry.

Knob
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fully behind this instructor - if that is the only way of teaching that you should not put other in danger, let it be. I saw and applauded another ESF instructor in Tignes couple of years ago, when a complete nutcase nearly took a group of children of 4-6 years of age and felt down after just missing the kids ... the instructor took the skis of the 'racer' and through them down the montain (not on the piste, but on a steep side). It was the right call - to eliminate the danger. I was ready to assist that instructor if there would be a need, I was shaking myself just by observing of how this happened in a split second.

OK, the above video and situation is not that serious, but I'm sorry, the stupid person did not realise what he was doing wrong ... Evil or Very Mad

Stupid people make my blood boil ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

wouldn't have gone down well in the Esf

You think? I think the red collective would have closed ranks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
Quote:

I am sure they would.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chocksaway wrote:
However, he was not skiing overly fast and it is fair to say events conspired against him. However the deliberate punch from the instructor is utterly unacceptable

Nope, entirely predictable and easily avoidable if he actually had any real control. Plus no attempt to stop or apparent concern for those he ran into. If he called the gendarmes I think they would take the view that the instructor was only trying to slow him down for his own safety before arresting the dick-head with the gopro.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The instructor shouldn't have punched him, but the guy was wrong, if he was as good as he thought in his own head, he would have no problem skiing past those learners they were doing fairly predictable turns, so he could have weaved through them. The instructor was frustrated and rightly so, the punch was wrong but that skier needs to go back to ski school, and whether it is esf or any other school doesn't come into it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
naughty ski instructor
in his defence, the skier seems far to stupid for a verbal explanation to help much
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
chocksaway wrote:
However, he was not skiing overly fast and it is fair to say events conspired against him. However the deliberate punch from the instructor is utterly unacceptable

Nope, entirely predictable and easily avoidable if he actually had any real control. Plus no attempt to stop or apparent concern for those he ran into. If he called the gendarmes I think they would take the view that the instructor was only trying to slow him down for his own safety before arresting the dick-head with the gopro.
I agree , the guy who posted the video is a tool, and by posting it he still doesn't realise he is in the wrong. Folks like him like to brag about how experienced he is, yet he isn't , skiing for years doesn't make you a good skier, I would rather ski slowly and correctly than fast and like a lunatic. I think the instructor should have caught up with him and told him he was a tool.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You've all missed the most important point.

The guy and his mates are on snow blades. Deserves all he gets!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I think the instructor should have caught up with him and told him he was a tool.

I think the instructor was still shouting at him and probably did discuss further but that was cut out from the clip.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's not a punch. The fella with the camera was a dangerous knob.
snow conditions
@clarky999, was just about to post the same, he clearly isn't in control
ski holidays
@kitenski, signed up for the BASI boxing module yet? wink
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
You've all missed the most important point.

The guy and his mates are on snow blades. Deserves all he gets!
The guy with the camera is on skis you can see them as he gets tipped by the instructer. reading the comments at the bottom of the video he still thinks he was right.
ski holidays
@biddpyat, pretty sure he is on blades, no poles and the "style" gives it away !!

@Arno, Very Happy
snow report
well, he definitely has no poles (which probably saved someone from getting stabbed but is otherwise poor form) and they look short enough to be blades to me
I think he is way in the backseat which makes the blades look longer than they are
snow conditions
Quote:

he still thinks he was right.

+1 and he thinks the instructor ski uphill towards him and punched him
latest report
Quote:

well, he definitely has no poles

he left them in a beginner who "reversed into him" higher up the hill
snow report
Look right at the end of the clip when he looks down at his feet (presumably hanging his head in shame), they are very short if they are skis.
snow report
I can't believe in the video he says "that guy skied into me". Urgh no! You skied into him. Idiot
snow conditions
@musher, You are right, god that gives him even less of an excuse, he went over some of those learners skis, when his was so short he should have been well able to avoid them. In that case I retract my comment on the instructor poking him, ( it wasn't a punch) he should have walloped him with a wet fish.
snow conditions
probably something to do with being Welsh Twisted Evil
latest report
Guy is my hero - NOT. How sad he has to knock a couple of beginners over to compensate for his inadequacies.

Society well within their rights to beat the living daylights out of him. Instructor very restrained. I would have given him the old fashioned coat-hangar. Pipsqueak.
latest report
Have you read his replies on the bottom of the clip, some people told him he was wrong but he just won't accept it, and gets quite rude with some of them, idiot.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1 wrote:
under a new name wrote:
Quote:

I am sure they would.

Just goes to show quite how anti ESF some people are.

The ESF instructor was instinctively protecting his group of beginniers who would likely have had a lot of confidence knocked out of them by an idiot who was clearly breaching the skiing rules. Not only did he ski through one beginner but he carried on and skied through a second.

If I was being instructed by the ESF guy I would have been happy that he had tried to protect me. It wasn't a punch, certainly wasn't a proper punch, it looked much more to me like a shove to try to stop the guy.
snow conditions
emwmarine wrote:
ansta1 wrote:
under a new name wrote:
Quote:

I am sure they would.

Just goes to show quite how anti ESF some people are.

The ESF instructor was instinctively protecting his group of beginniers who would likely have had a lot of confidence knocked out of them by an idiot who was clearly breaching the skiing rules. Not only did he ski through one beginner but he carried on and skied through a second.

If I was being instructed by the ESF guy I would have been happy that he had tried to protect me. It wasn't a punch, certainly wasn't a proper punch, it looked much more to me like a shove to try to stop the guy.

Hold on there sugar, nothing anti ESF about those statements, I'd be pretty sure that most organisations would have at least publicly sided with the instructor, even if internally they'd have had a quiet word in his ear about not doing it again if they are wearing a gopro (other cameras could be used of course).

Both my children gone/going through ESF when we are in France.
snow report
@emwmarine, ??

Uh, if you'd read the thread, you'd have noticed me out in support of the instructor.
ski holidays
Remarkably restrained instructor for mine. He should have ensured Go-Pro was off and then commenced to mete out a well deserved shellacking
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@emwmarine, ??

Uh, if you'd read the thread, you'd have noticed me out in support of the instructor.

ops.. sorry.
ski holidays
Juddernaut wrote:
Remarkably restrained instructor for mine. He should have ensured Go-Pro was off and then commenced to mete out a well deserved shellacking

Hardly, if the guy with the camera had stopper ole Frenchie would have his white flag out in an instant.
snow report
That's a wee wee-poor punch. Well out of order taking out learners like that and the instructor should have made a better job of it.

Knowing an irrate intructor wasn't far behind, I wouldn't have stopped there either. Nice lack of support from his mates as the group catch up...
snow report
yea the mates were very meh! about it, they probably knew he was a tool.
snow conditions
There is something particularly piquant about fools posting their own evidence of their own embarrassing behaviour.
If I'd managed to clip two beginners I'd be deleting the footage as soon as I'd finished apologising. Especially so if my behaviour had riled a ski instructor enough to get him physical. But to put it out on the interweb... that is ignorance and obliviousness on a grand scale. Some people have a complete lack of self-awareness.
snow report
He was just putting his hand out to try and stop him, but had to keep it in a fist otherwise he'd have dropped his pole...

He's still in the wrong though, for being an ESF instructor...
snow conditions
I think he thought that everyone would agree with him and say the instructor was a tool, but he got a big backlash, it is funny really.
ski holidays
C - the skier in the video wrote:
Have you ever seen or been in a collision with somebody on the slopes? Most likely and guess what, it happens to the best of us. The only way to improve at something is to make mistakes.

Made me think of this thread ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=114794
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy