Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just to update you...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Masque,
Nice twist.

You could also request that they remove all your posts.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fuxup! I may be having fun but there is a reality in this circumstance. There has been a financial value expressed by the SCGB to internet forums. If the contributors are denied benefit from their contribution (without their knowledge – as has been indicated) then they have every right to recover that!
And if you want to move this into foreign jurisdiction (more than possible), then the SCGB are truly f****d!
ps . . . why do you think that I’m selective with my postings?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith wrote:
I'll give you at least another tenner for 24 flag photos, especially if you're wearing a monkey suit.

And I'll add a(nother) tenner if you're eating a banana.

Hello Boys, as they say in the adverts
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque,
Sorry, I wasn't thinking of the financial gain, I was thinking of the ownership of the words.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
There has been a financial value expressed by the SCGB to internet forums. If the contributors are denied benefit from their contribution (without their knowledge – as has been indicated) then they have every right to recover that!

Not as simple as that. In reality you have to show that you have suffered a material loss as a result of your copyright being missapropriated in order to sue someone. How much were you making on giving your words to the SCofGB forum?

Did you also check the chat T&C to see if you do not in fact give royalty free use to the SCofGB.

Anyway you'll not get anywhere in court, sorry. It is a non-starter.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fellow ABC1s! I think it's time to put this debate to bed and concentrate on the serious stuff. There's snow out there and I'm off to 3 Vallees tomorrow!

Poor old SCGB. You don't think Meribel will be machine-gunning the queues because they have too many customers do you?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Am I wrong or have we just created another snow club? So far it's just a forum, but, apart from the snow reports, that was all I went to SCGB for. I also like the sense of freedom that we have here (courtesy of a couple of hard working people...) and we can control our own destiny. The horse has well and truly bolted off downhill (showing nice style on 4 x 1080's). Locking the stable door isn't going to help the SCGB now.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sherman-maeir, For what it's worth, I share your view and have shared it with others asking the same question during the early days of this site. There is no way that a claim for damages would be successful based upon a copyright being removed from the full public arena unless a loss of status or the creation of a stigma could be established which had some tangible financial value. that is extremely unlikely.
We need to put it behind us and move on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I must admit, I was seriously p1ssed off when I got the message on the SCGB website. Part of the valuable information they had was provided by the now excluded "registered users", but mainly I hadn't got another active message board to use as a ski surrogate.

But now this forums up and running I don't really care any more - bug them, their loss.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Time for the grammar police to reappear

Sorry guys and gals... got lost for a minute there.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Re. the copyright litigation issue: Yes, of course I was slightly tongue in cheek, and the argument would be tortuous had not the SCGB expressed their intent to capitalize on your contributions (which is contrary to the T&A as I read them). It would be ludicrously expensive and certainly mutually destructive to travel that path and I’d recommend anyone taking it to have an enema and search the results for a lump of gold. (you’d have more chance of making money)
Personally, I’d ask the club to inform me of the use it intends to put my contributions and to make a decision to allow or deny that use by a mutual agreement. It should not be difficult to sanitise the records.
JB.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm glad the grammar police are back (is back?!) I feel much safer now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy