Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 2014-2015 : Arabba/Selva/Corvara/Canazei etc......

Poster: A snowHead
Had a great trip today over to 5Torre (great conditions on piste) and back down Lagazuoi (a bit packed at the bottom). Do go to 5Torre - it is well worth the trip. I would put it ahead of the Marmolada (vicious queues at the gondola) or Santa Croce.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh - and I must plug the Posta Zirm in Corvara. This is our fifth stay here and it's just fabulous. Food is great.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

vicious queues at the gondola

Sad I loved the scenery (and the mountain restaurants) in the Dolomites, but not the lift queues.....

5Torre sounds a good one though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cinque Torri is very quiet, especially midweek. Since they put the new Croda Negra chair in to create a circuit and link back to Col Gallina chairs and Falzarego-Lagazuoi cablecar, it makes for a worthwhile place to spend some time on a sunny day and finish off with the Hidden Valley run.

http://www.dolomiti.org/ita/Cortina/laga5torri/inverno/superotto_mappa.jpg
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@luigi, Good call this looks like a diversion that will have to be tried in March snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Latest forecast seems to be more positive for the Dolomites. Still a long way out but fingers crossed the snow materialises (followed by a week of blue skies of course.)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What about starting early and doing the Great War tour anti-clockwise from Portavescovo to Malga Ciapela, through the Serrai canyon/Sottoguda, bus to Alleghe, Ski to Pescul, bus to Fedare and then a chair up to Cinqe Torri, spend available time there and then ski to Falzarego and back via Hidden Valley?

IMO although I've experienced lift queues in the Dolomites, the worst seem to be on the Sella Ronda or certain days at Falzarego but even then nothing worse than busy French resorts like 3vs or Paradiski. Generally I hardly queue for more than a few minutes if at all. Maybe just down to when I go Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I must have been lucky too. I have done three ski weeks on Sella Ronda, during what I would have thought is peak season and never really queued for more than 5 minutes. Alpe D'Huez - now there is another story...........
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last day today Sad
Skied Sella Ronda orange. The pistes were very uncluttered and still in excellent condition with only occasional hard scraped bits showing through. When we were back at Corvara, we decided to have a last blast up on Pralongia and were amazed at how much busier it was than elsewhere. Whoever is here next has no need to worry about the snow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Aren't there some snowheads out there now? Where's the snow report?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Aren't there some snowheads out there now? Where's the snow report?

+1

Arrive sunday, how's it looking ??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any snow from the current dump? Looked as if this area would only get a sprinkling.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alta Badia posted this about an hour ago Very Happy loving it loving it loving it Very Happy
https://vine.co/#/v/OthqIFuJELb
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bartezki wrote:
Alta Badia posted this about an hour ago Very Happy loving it loving it loving it Very Happy
https://vine.co/#/v/OthqIFuJELb

Fantastic!!! All webcams showing whiteout conditions right now. Current radar shows the snow weakening, though not sure of the accuracy of it when looking at the webcams.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fouri pista dolomiti
Ok you lot coming out to Arraba this weekend great conditions cinque torri purrffect coda negra route quality. Gun post to cortina very interesting .good. Bus de tafarna great .lots on the marmolarda still untracked, we skied all day without seeing another track once leaving the cable car to the lake cheers looks good will try later.lots of bits at the side if you have to be with family or less enthusiastic friends .pretty safe conditions but don't go Chargin down things Stay Safe Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just had a snow alert from val gardena for 11cm Thursday and 20cm Friday!!! Nice top up for our half term trip wink)
ski holidays
Latest forecast from the local Dolomites weather service has now seriously donwgraded the snow for Thu/Fri. Latest GFS precipitation charts have also seriously downgraded the snow amounts. Will have to wait and see what happens but looks like the low pressure system over Italy is not going to produce anything more than light snow across the Dolomites. Hope I'm wrong.

http://www.arpa.veneto.it/previsioni/it/html/meteo_dolomiti.php
latest report
Hope you're right! Conditions are already fantastic don't want to spoil things by not being able to see the mountains.

Off to Santa croce tomorrow . Alba reported as excellent particularly the new black 'volcanoe'. snowHead
ski holidays
Thought we might have had a few more reports on the conditions, given the amount of SnowHeads in Arabba at the moment.....

Must be too busy enjoying themselves....................... Wink
ski holidays
dunno about this week, but last week the snow was grippy as the grippiest snow you could ever imagine. then a day of powder. then surprisingly the day after which was a bluebird day was also lovely grippy snow, and not the usual bumpfest.
I imagine this week is much the same.
ski holidays
albob wrote:
Thought we might have had a few more reports on the conditions, given the amount of SnowHeads in Arabba at the moment.....

Must be too busy enjoying themselves....................... Wink

Well mostly the wifi in portavescovo is rubbish

But yes very grippy snow excellent for sticking an edge in and very consistently good.
ski holidays
On the snow forecast 51cm in next 3 days, might be a tricky transfere this weekend if that plays out!!
latest report
Snow is fine right now, only a few places getting chopped up a bit in the afternoon, mostly super good on piste. Haven't been off piste so can't comment but doesn't look to be any untouched around the main routes. I'm sure the SH's on the BB have found some though with 'local knowledge' Expecting some snow next few days which will be great if it comes. Last few days have been glorious, but some fresh will definitely help.
latest report
I can confirm that it is snowing this morning in Arabba. Might use this as an excuse for a morning in my hotel room. Need to save my energy for the birthday part tonight snowHead
ski holidays
Snowed all day here in Corvara, but very lightly, probably no more than around 10cm, but welcome all the same.
ski holidays

Just now from hotel
snow report
@neilkav, Looks great...
snow conditions
Selva posting today
https://vine.co/v/OFDUPLr7aTH Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heavier this morning and looks set in for the day
ski holidays
neilkav wrote:
Heavier this morning and looks set in for the day

Thanks for the updates Neil. Really appreciated.
latest report
Conditions should be superb tomorrow when the sun comes out.
ski holidays
Not sure what the official numbers are but it snowed all day consistently today, my guess is around 30cm...and visibility wasn't too bad, had a fab day, should be even better in the sun tomorrow, - I won't ever moan again about conditions... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Couple from today, yes my OH does have animal ears on her helmet!!!! So tiresome...

ski holidays
Nice pics snowHead

20cm reported today in the valley and 40cm up top - that should maintain the excellent conditions for those lucky punters going out in the next couple of weeks (mentioning no names wink )
latest report
neilkav wrote:
Not sure what the official numbers are but it snowed all day consistently today, my guess is around 30cm...and visibility wasn't too bad, had a fab day, should be even better in the sun tomorrow, - I won't ever moan again about conditions... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds, some sunny skiing to enjoy the scenery & eating on the terraces, then just as the pistes needed refreshing, you got some fresh to play in...nice one! snowHead

PS. I like your OH's attempt to blend in with the local wildlife!! Laughing
snow report
Fantastic week in the dollies! Yesterday was hard work in heavy wet snow and high winds but today has been superb everywhere ! Santa Croce Reds brilliant.
Such as shame were coming home tomorrow just as the pennine snow is melting Crying or Very sad
snow report
@luigi, Yep we sure have had the best of conditions, really couldn't have asked for more. Today was absolutely fantastic, total blue sky set against the amazing 'dollies' formations and trees plastered with snow, b.e.a.u tiful.....really....oh and the food, what can I say, we have not had a bad meal yet, awesome quality here..

We went to Ortisei today, I have to say the red down from the top of Seceda was probably the most fun I have ever had skiing, we pretty much straight-lined it, superb!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Tomorrow looks to be set fair so anothe brilliant day on the cards...

Quote:

PS. I like your OH's attempt to blend in with the local wildlife!!

She does like to blend in lol, mostly with cute little furry animals, pity we could only find this today...

snow report
Man's best friend(s) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
So after yesterdays perfect day.....

Today I thought we were skiing in SCOTLAND - wow - I reckon 50mph winds on the tops, scraped pistes with snow being consistently blown, loads of lift closures and chaos everywhere with the Local weekenders/daytrippers swelling numbers in resort considerably. We queued for 45 mins at several bottlenecks - San cassiano and Col Alt.

I kid you not for the first time in 20 odd years we couldn't physically push ourselves off a chairlift at the offload, we kept getting blown back into our seats, they obviously had to stop the lift every other chair for people to get off, severely comical but of course added to the chaos, and people stick on exposed chairs with a -26 C windchill, brrrrrrr

The lifties did their very best but the wind was a real problem.

We still had some good fun lower down skiing backwards uphill unintentionally!!

Shocked Shocked

Same forecast tomorrow, cannot possibly complain though we're had a brilliant trip with mostly perfect weather, we'll be back next year! wink
snow report
Fuori pista dolomiti
Dont head for the hills head for the trees we had superb day in the trees in pescul powder snow amongst the trees not easy but very worth doing . many lines to be had will tryb mount averru at ccinque torri in the morning ski safe
latest report
Turning into a very good season for the Dolomites. Reliable skiing almost every day since the new year, generally good weather and more snow on the way next week.

Wish I was going out again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy